Am I missing something re boarding docs?

NCTribeFan

I'm heading to the airport in about an hour; sailing tomorrow on Summit.  Over 40 cruises but first time on X.

Yes, I've downloaded the app and everything looks good.  But I always print out everything (I know, what a waste of paper and ink) because I just know the one time I don't will be the time I need hard documentation.

The docs I have are basically just pages and pages and pages of fine print.  Is there no way to actually print out your boarding pass?

App won't let me answer the health questions until noon so I'll do that once I'm in Miami.

You should be able to go to the online check in on a computer and then print the set sail pass. It’s not contained within the actual edocs.

Edit: since your cruise leaves tomorrow then online check in is closed so you likely wouldn’t be able to do this online at this point.  

Edited by Cruise Gopher

You can find the boarding pass on the app and if your phone is linked to a printer you can print it. Or, as Gopher said, go to your account on the computer and there should be a link to print the boarding pass.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

I did look online the other day and didn't see it.  If I have access to a computer, like I do at home, I don't use my phone for much of anything other than talk or text.  I use my phone when I'm out and about.

Yes, I have the boarding pass on my phone.  I just double-checked it when I went to see if I could go ahead and do the health questions.  It just seemed odd that I couldn't find it online.

I'm really looking forward to this.  I know all the mass-market lines are more alike than different, but it will different enough to make it interesting and fun.

If you can’t print the boarding pass I find it easier to take a screen shot of it just before heading to the ship.  That way I don’t need wi-fi to access the app and get to the boarding pass.  The boarding pass is the most recent photo on my phone, no wi-fi or searching to find it.

BTW you do not need those pages of documents. You can leave them at home.

Edited by jelayne
  • Thanks 1

On two cruises I went on last year from Southampton, the staff were really pleased I had printed copies of the relevant paperwork. One thing they needed to do was to photo some of it to their tablet and that was so much easier for them especially with the overhead lighting and reflection on the screens causing problems. I know we got through very quickly whereas some people checking in had problems with using their phones.

But this was the first cruises after the 'covid break' and there was a lot of paperwork needed. It could be different now. I worry that some areas do not have a good signal or phone coverage and that could be a problem - or worse case scenario, phone is lost or broken. 

When we checked in for a Jan 2022 cruise in FLL, the agent wanted to see everything in print.   She wouldn’t accept what appeared on the phones of two passengers in line ahead of us.  They had to scramble through their carryons to find printed docs. Why?  Who knows.  

13 minutes ago, laslomas said:

On two cruises I went on last year from Southampton, the staff were really pleased I had printed copies of the relevant paperwork. One thing they needed to do was to photo some of it to their tablet and that was so much easier for them especially with the overhead lighting and reflection on the screens causing problems. I know we got through very quickly whereas some people checking in had problems with using their phones.

But this was the first cruises after the 'covid break' and there was a lot of paperwork needed. It could be different now. I worry that some areas do not have a good signal or phone coverage and that could be a problem - or worse case scenario, phone is lost or broken. 

Or dead battery

18 minutes ago, laslomas said:

On two cruises I went on last year from Southampton, the staff were really pleased I had printed copies of the relevant paperwork. One thing they needed to do was to photo some of it to their tablet and that was so much easier for them

We were warned that the Wi Fi in the terminal was patchy, so we took both screen shots and printed out.

We were also met outside the Terminal building and told that the WiFi was bad in the terminal, so to do anything that we needed to do before we went inside.

C6348B36-C476-4200-86C9-89883364D1A6.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

I printed out my boarding pass but it came out on 2 pages which part of bar code on one page and the rest of the bar code on the other. Will I have any issues with it being that way? I do also have it on my phone in the Celebrity app

Laura

10 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Can you print the barcode to be smaller, then its on all one page?   

I was able to make the two pages fit on one in the settings. It is smaller but all on one page. Thanks for the tip.

Laura