Majestic Quarantine

tjcletzgo

7 minutes ago, tjcletzgo said:

So I guess I’ll stock up my fridge in advance for my Majestic cruise n 4/23 Pacific Coastal🙁🙁🙁

Just be aware, if you test positive onboard they will move you to a different quarantine cabin. Make sure you remember to take your food with you in your fridge 😮

• Like 2

You got that I was joking, right?  🙂

Yes, they have to deliver food but, based on reports, it’s problematic.  Perhaps, in the unlikely event you are quarantined, you could have a contact on the ship who would send in supplies if things got dire?  Someone on HAL arranged with Guest Services to deliver items they’d picked up in port for their spouse.  It seems to be helpful to have an advocate who is not in quarantine.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Just be aware, if you test positive onboard they will move you to a different quarantine cabin. Make sure you remember to take your food with you in your fridge 😮

And take the fridge!  😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, tjcletzgo said:

Does anyone know if you are getting food delivered if you have Covid-19?

From past experience having an infection non covid in the past. My food choices were very limited and boring 

1 hour ago, waiting2retire said:

Make friends onboard very quickly with someone at least willing to contact room service or Guest Services on your behalf. 

The answer is not to tell Princess, and run the quarantine your self

• Like 3

I haven’t had personal experience. It sounds like it depends on how many people are in quarantine. If it’s not a lot you’ll be okay. They will bring you food, but it will take time. Is your cruise 7 days? If so, you’ll probably be okay. It sounds like they start to have real problems on longer cruises or ones where there are a lot of people doing B2B cruises. You should be prepared. Take some healthy snacks like nuts and granola bars. Make sure you have fruit in your cabin and take it with you. Take OTC meds with you. Make sure you have a plan if you have to quarantine in a hotel before you can go home. Call early for your food. Hot food will not be hot when it arrives so you may want to order cold food. Make a plan. 

Edited by KruzPrincess
  • Like 3

This might seem like a silly question, but I keep reading about no one answering the phone and no one taking orders for food, etc. Isn't this partly what the app was designed for? can't you order food on the app to be delivered anywhere (including your quarantine room)? Or am I just being naive...knowing how badly it performs off the ship, maybe it's wishful thinking...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

This might seem like a silly question, but I keep reading about no one answering the phone and no one taking orders for food, etc. Isn't this partly what the app was designed for? can't you order food on the app to be delivered anywhere (including your quarantine room)? Or am I just being naive...knowing how badly it performs off the ship, maybe it's wishful thinking...

You can order just the standard room service items using the app, mostly hamburger, hot dog, chili, chicken taco, veggie burger, chicken soup, a couple of salads and desserts. If you are quarantined you are allowed to order from the dining room menus and specialty retaursnt menus, which can’t be done through the app. It you’re isolated for ten days, the room service menu would be very repetitive. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

I guess I’ll stock up my fridge in advance for my Majestic cruise n 4/23 Pacific Coastal🙁🙁🙁

8 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

I’ll be sailing solo😒😒

Ditto and ditto.  Maybe I'll see you onboard?  And not in the red zone?? 😛

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

To use the Sky Princess as an example, the app didn’t work for the entire 16 days and ordering through the TV also did not work.  Based on reports from other ships it seems it’s not just Sky.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

You can order just the standard room service items using the app, mostly hamburger, hot dog, chili, chicken taco, veggie burger, chicken soup, a couple of salads and desserts. If you are quarantined you are allowed to order from the dining room menus and specialty retaursnt menus, which can’t be done through the app. It you’re isolated for ten days, the room service menu would be very repetitive. 

Ah, Ok! That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

On 4/11/2022 at 9:14 PM, antsp said:

The answer is not to tell Princess, and run the quarantine your self

If you are tested by Princess that definitely won't work. In the past when either of us has come down with the "cruise crud" (normally a bad cold or the like) we haven't said anything to the medical staff and have done self-imposed quarantine in our cabin. When my wife has had it I bring her food and drinks and she stays in the cabin and tries to sleep as much as possible. We take cold meds with us as we once got caught without them and the sticker shock in the onboard shop was pretty bad. We once had a Window Mini Suite and watched the 4th of July Parade go by in Ketchikan from our cabin as she was feeling pretty bad. That was the cruise where a good 80% of passengers were coughing all over the ship by the end of the 7 day southbound from Alaska. It was like a plague ship. We spent a lot of time in the cabin and were glad there was an open observation deck (no furniture and there was never anybody else out there) just a few steps from our cabin door. (Cabin C202 on Island Princess.)

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

So, if you come down with Covid, you are put in a room and basically have to starve for the remainder of your cruise?  Would you get any kind of refund?

I added emphasis since you asked about refund.

From the FAQs asking 'If I have Covid-19 Symptoms will I have to be isolated?"

Yes, anyone reporting or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be reviewed by the shipboard medical staff and tested for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). COVID-19 cases will be assessed and treated either in their stateroom or in a designated area of the Medical Center in a single occupancy ward.

Positive cases that do not require admission to the ship’s medical center, or medical disembarkation, will most likely be moved to a different stateroom for the duration of isolation.

If you, your family members, travel companions or other close contacts are quarantined or medically isolated during your voyage as a result of a positive COVID-19 test during your cruise or are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit for missed cruise days, including time in quarantine, for you, your travel party and any confirmed close contacts.

If you have purchased a travel protection plan through us, you and your travel companion may make a claim for a refund under the trip interruption benefit instead of receiving the FCC.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:12 PM, MudderBear said:

So, if you come down with Covid, you are put in a room and basically have to starve for the remainder of your cruise?  Would you get any kind of refund?

No refund.  They charge you a "fat farm" supplement based on how much weight you lose during the quarantine.

• Haha 5

On the Discovery they brought me more food than I could eat.  They brought me dinner menus from the main dining room and offered to bring me breakfast menus as well but I was given a door hanger the night before and used that.  It wasn’t the hottest meal I have ever gotten but ai did get steak and shrimp along with fettucini Alfredo.

• Thanks 1