The Daily for Friday 04/15/2022

richwmn

This morning I got a few more things put away for the summer or loaded on the motorhome.  After the last two busy days, I ran out of steam early.  Now, I'm trying to get paperwork in order, and to cancel the trash service until next fall.  Basically, I am taking care of inside chores.  Besides, the weather gurus lied.  DH just said the outdoor temperature is 91F.

@cruzn single  I'm sorry your visit to the  pulmonologist  did not go as you hoped, and that the scan revealed a nodule.  I hope that in August there is no change.  I like your positive attitude.

@sailingdutchy  Tony, that's great news that you and Martha are negative.  Now, you can relax and enjoy the flight (if such a thing is possible these days) and your cruise.

@kazu  The service department at the dealership and the management do need to know what happened.  DH wonders why I insist he deals with some service people, but I think he realizes that in some cases women are treated differently.  

Older DD inherited my 1989 Mustang and took into have some work done.  They told her that what she said the problem was and what she wanted done were wrong.  The next day, she showed up with the 3 inch thick service manual and pointed out what it said.  They did the work, and treated her fairly after that.  Both girls spent time helping DH with work on the cars when they were growing up.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Hello dailyites. Please accept my apology for not posting yesterday that my BIL came through his surgery fine and the doctors are pretty sure that they got the entire cancer. Of course the final determination will be by a pathology lab. John has good color and everything seems to be working well, of course he is in a lot of pain. It is possible that he can come home sometime this weekend. I spent most of the day yesterday at the hospital with them as SIL is basically a basket case. Left at 4PM so his sons could visit. Limited to 2 visitors per patient here. 

@kazuI am sorry to read what a frustrating day you had yesterday. It seems that I get treated the same way everytime I go to Home Depot by myself. At least you found your lost ring.  Praying that today goes better for you today.

Jane

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Hello dailyites. Please accept my apology for not posting yesterday that my BIL came through his surgery fine and the doctors are pretty sure that they got the entire cancer. Of course the final determination will be by a pathology lab. John has good color and everything seems to be working well, of course he is in a lot of pain. It is possible that he can come home sometime this weekend. I spent most of the day yesterday at the hospital with them as SIL is basically a basket case. Left at 4PM so his sons could visit. Limited to 2 visitors per patient here. 

@kazuI am sorry to read what a frustrating day you had yesterday. It seems that I get treated the same way everytime I go to Home Depot by myself. At least you found your lost ring.  Praying that today goes better for you today.

Jane

Jane, thank you for letting us know about your BIL.  I am glad he came through the surgery and that the doctors believe they got all the cancer.  Hope he does get to come home this weekend.

Lenda

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Older DD inherited my 1989 Mustang and took into have some work done.  They told her that what she said the problem was and what she wanted done were wrong.  The next day, she showed up with the 3 inch thick service manual and pointed out what it said.  They did the work, and treated her fairly after that.  Both girls spent time helping DH with work on the cars when they were growing up.

Stuff like that really burns my biscuits.  I think the next time a woman walks into a dealership, she should be wearing the t-shirt that I got recently.  It reads:  Underestimate me, that'll be fun.

@sailingdutchywe'll be looking for you; do you know where you'll be at sail-away?

• Like 20

21 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

I totally understand you not using a shuttle.  If I were in your same position, trust me that would be my position also.  With this dealership, I have been fortunate, as they respect me as a customer, and I don't get "the woman" treatment.  I have had that elsewhere, but now that I am on my own, I am thankful that is one situation that I don't have to battle!

I was very happy with my old dealer (Honda).  We switched due to needing a bigger vehicle for my dogs.  Back when I dealt with them they had awards for how they treated ALL their customers.  One of my friends’ husband managed the service department and he was a gem.  he’s retired of course - but I will reach out to see if it’s the same.

I don’t want to buy a new vehicle now - I have too many financial challenges ahead of me to commit to that but I will do my research and be prepared.

And let my dealership know I am searching for the right place to buy a new car if this is going to be how I am treated.  I made it clear when I booked Jose was in hospital and I needed good service and the loaner. 

It’s done.  I had a full day at the hospital, fed Jose two meals (cajoled and encouraged a lot), helped change him, helped move him in the bed and gave him his meds.  I am too tired to clean so maybe I will see if I have the energy to start my begonias.  (I’m behind).  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

My husband and I own a garage, with my husband being the  licensed mechanic.  I think most of our customers are women. My husband hates to overbook his day, so we normally have 2 customers per day even during tire change season.  I am so sorry to hear you had issues Kazu.

• Like 18

I'm tired. I got the lawn mowed, leaves cleaned up out front on the sidewalk, and a flower bed cleared of dead stuff from the hostas. It was very windy; at times almost scary. I need to do edging, but that's enough for today.

The news tonight is talking about the uptick in Covid cases here. Our mayor and county exec just turned up positive, after traveling to the state capital. The other issue is an epidemic of shootings here; there have been 20 homicides  this year; scary.

@Vict0riann I'm pleased to hear you are ok after the possible exposure.

@Quartzsite Cruiser The tree looks so different. That was a lot of work for Carlos. Thanks for the pictures.

@cruzn single Sorry they found a new nodule and prayers it stays stable on your next scan. 

@sailingdutchy Good news on the negative tests! Safe travels and have a great cruise!

@ottahand7 That looks like a great meal with wine.

@ger_77 I usually get my prior post popping up in the reply box and click to delete it. It's helpful when your post goes into cyberspace, so you don't have to type it all again. Thanks for the pie recipe.

@kazu I go somewhat far to a dealership for service; they're known for their great service, so although it's a pain to drive that far, I go. They treat me very well.

@lazey1 I'm glad BIL came through surgery well and pray all the cancer was removed.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 22

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Yesterday, DSIL sent us a link to an article on CNN about people retiring on cruise ships.  It was interesting, and it mentioned "Mama" Lou in the article.  For those that knew her or knew of her, like us, I thought you might be interested in reading it.  This is the link, and I hope it works.  https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/living-on-a-cruise-ship-cost-benefits/index.html

Lenda, if you knew Mama Lou I guess you know that she was a Texan originally.  That's how she and I became friends.  I heard the Texas in her voice.  She was sort of a neighbor of ours (you in Lake Whitney, me in Dallas), from Corsicana or Palestine or thereabouts...I forget exactly where now.  She was a fun lady, dressed in all of her crew uniforms.

However, she was not mentioned in that article.  Was another "Mama", one who lived aboard Crystal.

• Like 13

Hello everyone,

It is 10:30 and I am very tired.  

I tried to post yesterday but we had very sporadic internet service since we were out in the Atlantic for the whole day.

I just finished reading all of today’s posts and all I can say is @kazu Jacqui, I admire your strength and patience.  I am not sure I would be sane after the day you had.

We were in Lanzarote today.  Went on a private tour.  While the weather was warm (about 75 degrees), we had near gale force winds.  That just knocks the breath out of me.  I was exhausted after that.

I pray for all of you today.  A blessed Good Friday to those who observe it and Happy Passover to those of the Jewish faith.  

May we all be blessed during this holy season.

Tomorrow we are in Tenerife.  I have made no plans for the day.  Will try to go out in negotiate with a taxi driver in my best Spanish and see where we can go for a few hours.

If I don’t post, it means no internet.

Take care everyone and a blessed Holy Week

God bless,

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

Lenda, if you knew Mama Lou I guess you know that she was a Texan originally.  That's how she and I became friends.  I heard the Texas in her voice.  She was sort of a neighbor of ours (you in Lake Whitney, me in Dallas), from Corsicana or Palestine or thereabouts...I forget exactly where now.  She was a fun lady, dressed in all of her crew uniforms.

However, she was not mentioned in that article.  Was another "Mama", one who lived aboard Crystal.

Mama Lee actually started out on Prinsendam for many years.  She switched when HAL discontinued routine use of dance hosts.

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, cruzn single said:

A Blessed Good Friday to those who commemorate and Blessed Passover to those who celebrate! Interesting group of days.  When I have been at presentations/meetings with ASL, I am amazed at the speed that the signers work!  

@kazu sorry for such a horrible day!  Thank goodness your ring was found.  I am having a part replaced on my car next Wednesday.  I have only been waiting for 5 months for the part, and finally the dealership was able to secure ONE of the less than 50 parts in the U.S.  Since I am being worked into the schedule, there is no loaner available, so I have to rely on their shuttle to get home and family will take me back when the work is done!

My visit to the pulmonologist didn't work out as well as I had anticipated.  CT scan found a new nodule.  Another CT scan in August to see if any change.  I choose to not get upset, as it will be handled as appropriate when the time comes.  

@StLouisCruisers, my continued prayers for your family, and now will add adorable Gracie to that list.  Hopefully the vet will get things under control.

@smitty34877you know that my prayers are with you, Tana, and the entire family.  IPF throws so many curveballs and it is a constant roller coaster in dealing with each new obstacle that disease can present.

So far today, very little wind and it is clear.  The report on freeze damage to our peach groves and other fruits hasn't been reported.  And, of course, also want the vineyards to be successful for our local wine industry.

Have a great rest of the day!  Continued prayers for those on the Care list and special prayers for the devoted caregivers, who have a very demanding job to do the best for their loved ones.  Glad to see such a nice, long Celebrations list!

Thank you so much.Your prayers are appreciated and I know that you have first hand knowledge  of the uos and downs of IPF.

I am sorry to hear about your newly diagnosed  nodule but truly admire your attitude. 

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Mama Lee actually started out on Prinsendam for many years.  She switched when HAL discontinued routine use of dance hosts.

Roy

I always knew she had good taste starting on the EE.  Only met her twice but a charming lady and crew doted on her 👍 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, AV8rix said:

Unfortunately, we never met Mama Lou. We have heard a lot about her from HAL crew and passengers.  BTW, we did meet Kissing Annie on the Volendam in 2002.  

Lenda

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AV8rix said:

We met Mama Lou back in 2008. She was so much fun. A gereat lady.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Navybikermom said:

Was she the lady with all the big hats? I saw a lady like that on the Prinsendam. 

No, pretty sure you are thinking of Gloria.  she was a show unto herself wherever she went.  

A lot of fun, too.  We had fun with her.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A few little things this evening

The moon over NE Ga around 8pm

20220415_200827.thumb.jpg.268f386bed11266b9b4b0497b4678bba.jpg

Then a little before 9pm

20220415_203212.thumb.jpg.14203c5cb0bc9a0cb96d46ee26781934.jpg

And a blast from the past, I was going thru a stored box and came across this flyer I got on my Maasdam Christmas cruise Dec 2003

C2023.thumb.png.699fd3c4541115e2d8191f106ff52a22.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, kazu said:

Happy to help Sharon.  BTW if you don’t get an email, call World Cruise and check (that’s what I did).  If the same nincompoop does yours as mine (unless they have been retrained) you might not get an email.

Here is the number to call - 1-800-522-3399

You do want to know it has been done 😉 

Have a great cruise 🙂 

Thank you Jacqui!  I've added that phone number to "my list" and will call them today, maybe they'll be open.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 4:54 PM, ger_77 said:

Stuff like that really burns my biscuits.  I think the next time a woman walks into a dealership, she should be wearing the t-shirt that I got recently.  It reads:  Underestimate me, that'll be fun.

@sailingdutchywe'll be looking for you; do you know where you'll be at sail-away?

@ger_77 our balcony is on the opposite site from the camera so likely on one of the higher decks  as long as sail away is not too long after 7 pm when we will be at the Tamarind .

• Like 2