Celebrity changed vaccinated status to 270 days, unless boosted at least 14 days prior to departure for All sailings.

runningtide

18 minutes ago, runningtide said:

Ok…fine, your fully vaccinated regardless of when you received both shots. My point is, your not allowed to sail unless your received you last shot within the 270 day window prior to departure. Please understand I’m just trying to alert passengers that being fully vaxed outside this 270 day window will not allow them to board unless they are boosted 14 days or more before departure .

Your post says your cruise is to the ABCs.  I checked the website site for US sailing that include the ABCs and there is no booster required and no reference to 270 days.

Maybe the notification you received was sent in error as there are booster and 270 day requirements for sailing going to some ports in Europe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, runningtide said:

Ok...Once again here is the alert I received from Celebrity on the check in app.

The final primary vaccine dose must be given at least 14 days before (not including) embarkation day for guests: - 5 and older from the U.S. - 12 and older from countries other than the U.S. Vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will be considered valid. To be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and their booster if the second vaccine dose was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago. Boosters are highly recommended. Guests must bring documentation of all vaccines and boosters.

As I read this, if you were fully vaccinated more than 270 days ago, you will need a booster. 

Agree! Hope your girlfriend gets hers so you can go. 

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Your post says your cruise is to the ABCs.  I checked the website site for US sailing that include the ABCs and there is no booster required and no reference to 270 days.

Maybe the notification you received was sent in error as there are booster and 270 day requirements for sailing going to some ports in Europe.

It’s on our checking page on the app. 

Just now, runningtide said:

if you were fully vaccinated more than 270 days ago, you will need a booster...

...in order to be considered up-to-date. 

That's the rest of the sentence that you're leaving out for some reason. Still, one is not required to be up-to-date in order to board any cruise that begins and ends in the US. The lesser standard of fully vaccinated is fine. That's the part you're missing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We are travelling to Oberamergau after our Med cruise in July and so I had checked the requirements for Germany and I seem to remember the "more than 14 days and less than 270 days" for the last vaccination shot. I remember looking at our CDC record and seeing our booster was in November so we made it under the 270 day limit. Since Germany adopted this rule the rest of the EU may have a similar one. I will try to find the reference I found for Germany and post it. 

3 minutes ago, p18750 said:

We are travelling to Oberamergau after our Med cruise in July and so I had checked the requirements for Germany and I seem to remember the "more than 14 days and less than 270 days" for the last vaccination shot. I remember looking at our CDC record and seeing our booster was in November so we made it under the 270 day limit. Since Germany adopted this rule the rest of the EU may have a similar one. I will try to find the reference I found for Germany and post it. 

OP is talking about cruising the Caribbean, not the EU.  Rules are different for the EU.

Also the EU 270 day rule only refers to primary series of vaccinations.  Boosters do not expire

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, p18750 said:

Last vaccination shot means second shot. If boostered there is no “expiration “

• Like 3

We just received our booster in late March, since we have a Galapagos cruise in late April.

I wonder if the 270 day rule will apply in the future from our booster?

I am not interested in getting boosters ever 9 months.

I just read the new wording in the check for our May 6 cruise. It only is defining the tern "up to date". It does NOT state that you must be so designated. Further there is reference to both "fully vaccinated" AND "up to date" needing to get a negative test 2 days before the sail date. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, RichYak said:

...in order to be considered up-to-date. 

That's the rest of the sentence that you're leaving out for some reason. Still, one is not required to be up-to-date in order to board any cruise that begins and ends in the US. The lesser standard of fully vaccinated is fine. That's the part you're missing.

Nothing is being left out ! The text I posted is the entire notification. Period. I dont understand what you think is left out. I am presently on the pone with Celebrity, and no surprise, they are not up to date with this Alert, but are researching as we speak.

27 minutes ago, cbfb said:

26 minutes ago, cbfb said:

It’s on our checking page on the app. 

1 minute ago, runningtide said:

Nothing is being left out ! The text I posted is the entire notification. Period. I dont understand what you think is left out. I am presently on the pone with Celebrity, and no surprise, they are not up to date with this Alert, but are researching as we speak.

42 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Linda is on her way to CVS as we speak. They have an opening in 30 minutes

• Like 1

I’m confident this is an IT issue in the app. This same wording is now on the app for our April 24 sailing (when you go to the check in section) on the Equinox to the Caribbean as well, and people don’t have 14 days to get their booster. This is the wording being used for the Europe sailings and there is no corresponding change in the rest of the wording for our cruise to differentiate between fully vaccinated and up to date in relation to testing requirements, et .  There also has not been a corresponding change to the US sailings requirements on the website. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, runningtide said:

Go back and read the text you shared. The section you highlighted in that text begins with "To be considered up to date..." You left that part out of your interpretation. Somehow in your head, you have translated that phrase as saying "To be permitted to board..." which isn't the case and you're seemingly stuck there.

All that section does is define up-to-date passengers possibly for purposes of reduced quarantine times and other reasons. It is not a condition of boarding.

Edited by RichYak
highlighting
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, runningtide said:

The final primary vaccine dose must be given at least 14 days before (not including) embarkation day for guests: - 5 and older from the U.S. - 12 and older from countries other than the U.S. Vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will be considered valid.

To be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and their booster if the second vaccine dose was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago.

Lets try it this way. Maybe it will help visually. Above is the text you posted which I color-coded. The red text briefly defines the group that is considered fully vaccinated. The green text defines the group that is considered up-to-date. BOTH GROUPS are permitted to sail.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, runningtide said:

Ok...Once again here is the alert I received from Celebrity on the check in app.…... To be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and their booster if the second vaccine dose was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago. Boosters are highly recommended. Guests must bring documentation of all vaccines and boosters.

As I read this, if you were fully vaccinated more than 270 days ago, you will need a booster. 

I do not believe boosters are required. I have no doubt you are trying to help, I just believe you have misinterpreted the language. It is confusing and all cruise lines should do a better job explaining the requirements vs recommendations.

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I do not believe boosters are required. I have no doubt you are trying to help, I just believe you have misinterpreted the language. It is confusing and all cruise lines should do a better job explaining the requirements vs recommendations.

As of Celebrity's last update, April 8, 2022, "boosters are not currently required"...though be aware of "not currently", subject to change and if they do, hope they give plenty of notice.  Fully vaccinated means either the 2 dose shot or the J&J one dose

15 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I agree the statement is somewhat confusing. I called Celebrity and the agent stated boosters were not required, but she could not explain what the 270 day parameter was meant to imply. She had no copy of this notification, and kept saying I didnt require a booster if I was fully vaccinated. Im sorry....Im still not comfortable with an OK on the phone. For me and Linda, it doesn't matter. Im boosted, and she just went to CVS to get her booster anyway, just to be safe. I just wish Celebrity would clearly state the minimum requirement to board. Im sure other passengers will also be confused. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

I am not interested in getting boosters every 9 months.

I will get any boosters recommended if there is a good chance of avoiding, or lessening the severity of, a covid infection. It's what I do for DPT, pneumonia, etc, plus a flu shot every year.

What I probably won't do is stay glued for months to X's website trying to decipher everything that seems to be somewhat-partially-sortof-mostly-significantly-completely changed and rechanged every couple of weeks. If the testing protocol changes don't settle down, eventually I will lose interest in booking cruises. It should be fun to have the cruise approaching!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I will get any boosters recommended if there is a good chance of avoiding, or lessening the severity of, a covid infection. It's what I do for DPT, pneumonia, etc, plus a flu shot every year.

What I probably won't do is stay glued for months to X's website trying to decipher everything that seems to be somewhat-partially-sortof-mostly-significantly-completely changed and rechanged every couple of weeks. If the testing protocol changes don't settle down, eventually I will lose interest in booking cruises. It should be fun to have the cruise approaching!

I could not agree more. I too am getting tired of the constant changing winds !

• Like 2

My experience of travelling in Europe this Winter was that a booster was essential if the initial two vacc. course was 270 prior to travelling. No booster = = no ski pass as example in Italy. 

If  over 270 days just get one. There is a reason. The initial immunity will be waning. 

Celebrity should consider changing their Caribbean rules to ‘up to date’. 

24 minutes ago, runningtide said:

I agree the statement is somewhat confusing. I called Celebrity and the agent stated boosters were not required, but she could not explain what the 270 day parameter was meant to imply. She had no copy of this notification, and kept saying I didnt require a booster if I was fully vaccinated. Im sorry....Im still not comfortable with an OK on the phone. For me and Linda, it doesn't matter. Im boosted, and she just went to CVS to get her booster anyway, just to be safe. I just wish Celebrity would clearly state the minimum requirement to board. Im sure other passengers will also be confused. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/mx/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements