HOW FAR OUT CAN DINING RESERVATIONS BE BOOKED

mauimary

13 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Definitely not too early. I have ours booked for our July sailing and just did them for our March 2023 sailing today.

I have booked ours for our July Alaskan cruise. Just went to celebrity.com and logged in. Have booked our dining times in MDR and Tuscan.

I am so glad you asked, since I have just been watching the app for our Nov 2022 cruise.  

Another question, if I may pile on....We are staying in a Villa (unlimited specialty dining) and when I try to book specialty dining, it is asking for OBC or CC#.  If I book now, will that be reimbursed to our account?  Is it OK to wait to have the shoreside concierge or our retreat host book for us, or is it risky.  We are Type A planners, so we are used to having details wrapped up long before traveling.  Thanks in advance!

Edited by Daneenm

1 hour ago, Daneenm said:

I am so glad you asked, since I have just been watching the app for our Nov 2022 cruise.  

Another question, if I may pile on....We are staying in a Villa (unlimited specialty dining) and when I try to book specialty dining, it is asking for OBC or CC#.  If I book now, will that be reimbursed to our account?  Is it OK to wait to have the shoreside concierge or our retreat host book for us, or is it risky.  We are Type A planners, so we are used to having details wrapped up long before traveling.  Thanks in advance!

I was able to use our onboard credit when I booked a restaurant.  After I did the reservation time and it also gave me the price.  I had to put the $$ amt in there with tip included.  I did not need to put in any credit card info.  Since you have specialty dining included is the tip included as well otherwise you could pull the suggested tip amt from your OBC.  

14 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I believe once you’re onboard you can make reservations in the app…precruise reservations need to be made in the cruise planner. 

I would not recommend this for any Eden reservations.  Do it well in advance...

I have found that not all restaurant availability can be booked online.  On the Silhouette sailing of March 28th, we booked the Tuscan Grill for the first night.  The only online availability was 8PM so we booked it.  When we got there, the place was almost empty and we could have been seated almost anytime.  We also tried to book and had our travel agent try to book another special  restaurant pre-cruise without success.  When we boarded, we were able to book without a problem. 

If you don't see what you want online, inquire onboard.

Mike in Ohio

I was able to book specialty restaurants early on by mailing a crew member who was in charge of this.  It took quite a few emails, but it did work.  The reservations were for six of us.  However, this was before Covid.  I do not know if Donny Valdez is still with Celebrity, or if this is even possible.