PASSED the proctored covid test ... what do I show at the port?

Just now, BuckeyeMark said:

What do I need to show at the port?  Printed results?  Are they happy to look at the app?  Does this load into the RCI app tomorrow when I can answer the health questions and so I don't need anything?

Either one will work.  No loading into the app. 

• Like 1

Either will work, BUT I would have a hard copy in my hand and rely on just the email in case there are issues with puling up the info on your phone in the terminal. My son ran into this issue during a recent cruise and almost didn't get on board.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Cell reception can be poor in some terminals (Miami and Bayonne).  Bring printed results, save the file to your phone, or take a screenshot.

I had a horrible time in December in Miami with cell reception.  Glad I had printed just about everything.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

I had a horrible time in December in Miami with cell reception.  Glad I had printed just about everything.

In my post cruise surveys, I always mention bad cell reception at the terminal, if I experience it.  A picocell or metrocell could easily resolve the problem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, travelhound said:

We were already in a hotel in FL when we took the tests so it wasn't easy to print. However, we took screenshots on our phone and had the app. We had cell reception and that worked.

how did you get a screenshot of something on the phone app?

do you mean you had a computer and took a photo of something.?

I hope the emed routine does includes an email that I can send to a printer

You don't need to worry about cell reception if you save it as a pdf on your phone. I love paperless boarding. Boarding pass on the app. Proof of vaccination saved as pdf through Docket app. eMed negative test saved to phone. The staff are very comfortable reading phones. Very fast process. Just need a passport app next.

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

depending on the device you have it various and its always a button combination you need to press

on iphone/ipad it is usually the home button and power button pressed together at the same time

on android it is usually the volume down button and power button pressed together at the same time

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Every phone is different, just Google screen shot for your type of phone.

12 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

What do I need to show at the port?  Printed results?  Are they happy to look at the app?  Does this load into the RCI app tomorrow when I can answer the health questions and so I don't need anything?

Hardcopy is always a lot better. The "silliest" people in line are those families with Techno-Expert dad trying to open a family's worth of password protected test results, followed by vaccine cards, followed by sea pass cards. The rest of us just flash our old-fashion paper at the checkers and walk right by. Or those who go into the terminal and lose phone signal, fighting to pull stuff up from apps. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

As many suggested, bring both.  We had terrible reception at the Port Canaveral pier last November and had to get out of the line and see what we could do.  Finally got it and took a picture as the internet kept dropping.  Not the biggest problem in the world, just frustrating.   Enjoy.

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Hardcopy is always a lot better. The "silliest" people in line are those families with Techno-Expert dad trying to open a family's worth of password protected test results, followed by vaccine cards, followed by sea pass cards. The rest of us just flash our old-fashion paper at the checkers and walk right by. Or those who go into the terminal and lose phone signal, fighting to pull stuff up from apps. 

yup agree and those who love technology are a bit annoyed with paper but in the end, it is best.

I feel cell phones are expensive and folks just whip them out for everything and then if they drop it - oh well then what.  I keep my iphone in my purse 90% of the time.   and even on the ship app, gets funny just like sometimes at Disney (bless their hearts they try).

and paper can be recycled so no need to be anti paper folks.  

I will use paper next week when getting on Symphony.

If you go to settings on phone and look for shortcut keys it will tell you what to press for screenshots.  Mine is the power/fingerprint sensor pressed twice quickly.  And it gets saved to a strange folder I can't find easily. 

What I usually do is create a folder on computer and phone for that cruise and store everything there.  Copy computer folder to phone just before the cruise.  Then at least I can find the stuff.

23 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

the Emed routine will send your results to the NAVICA app and also to your email.  It is very easy to print out.

Last cruise we did our test at the hotel and then went to their business center and printed our results….easy peasy!!

21 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

the Emed routine will send your results to the NAVICA app and also to your email.  It is very easy to print out.

Last cruise we did our test at the hotel and then went to their business center and printed our results….easy peasy!!

That was our plan also, unfortunately the hotel printer was not working!!  Too much stress for a vacation.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 5:42 PM, GTO-Girl said:

oh good to know.  I do not travel with computer so I would do it at home.

For now Walgreens is still doing the 2 hours turn around

I have heard that CVS is trying to change web to price out the antigen but then again, CVS has stopped a lot of locations and does continue to be annoying.  oh well.

16 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh good to know.  I do not travel with computer so I would do it at home.

For now Walgreens is still doing the 2 hours turn around

I have heard that CVS is trying to change web to price out the antigen but then again, CVS has stopped a lot of locations and does continue to be annoying.  oh well.

On 11 March and yesterday (22 April) we did the Rapid NAAT Test at Walgreens and both times we had our test results emailed to us within 20 to 30 minutes of testing. 

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

On 11 March and yesterday (22 April) we did the Rapid NAAT Test at Walgreens and both times we had our test results emailed to us within 20 to 30 minutes of testing. 

excellent - wish me luck on Thursday so I can get to Symphony on SAT.  First time in a junior suite as well.  I did the Wonder, but I think I will also like SOS.

Capt Rob at captain corner who left SOS to do Wonder, said the SOS is just perfect. It will be nice to compare the ice and water shows.  BUT, still no Hairspray - oh well.