The Daily for Thursday 04/21/2022

richwmn

24 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@USN59-79, My favorite SIL has been receiving the injections in both eyes for the last 2 years as well.She was excited to hear about the medication that you started.I am so glad you told us about it, thanks.

I am glad to help.  That is a primary purpose of the Daily.  I had taken Eylea 27 times, then switched to Beovu for 3 times with no significant change, then one injection of Vabysmo last month.  The Dr. said it was just approved and apparently had less side effects than the other two.  She should ask her doctor about it.

Ray

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon, all!

I have missed being here, I haven’t even been keeping up with reading so I am way behind on everyone’s news. 

So first off I had two visits to the hospital to prepare for my upcoming drug trial. My first dose is next Wednesday, wish me luck. I have four doses the first two months and then once a month after. My first two will be with my favorite neurologist, but he is leaving soon. He is from Maine (he did not like summer in St Louis AT ALL!) and he is taking a job at a hospital on the east coast.  I will miss him. I also had several other doctor visits to catch up on as well as a visit from occupational therapy and several phone visits with the pulmonologist. Enough!

The second reason I have been so busy is we decided to adopt another dog. We’ve been missing our Fritz so much and the house was so quiet. DH and I have been married almost 52 years and never been without a dog (or two and one cat and a lot of birds). Open Door Animal Sanctuary, a local no-kill shelter posted a picture of a dachshund named Fritz whose owner died last month and he was looking for a new home. There were several applications for him and we made our age and handicaps clear,  but they chose us, probably because we have no other pets, a fenced in backyard and experience with dachshunds. It was meant to be! We’ve named him Fritz Ernst, he’s a brown mini, 13 years old. He was a little nervous the first few days, but he’s settled in nicely. 

I will try to get back on track and catch up. In the meantime sending prayers for all who need them and a celebration toast!

St Louis Sal

E008DD2B-F84E-4A38-9521-1CF158627DA8.jpeg

CE6653B9-B1E9-4CAD-9228-2DFFE877E7F4.jpeg

7C54BE2C-14AC-41CC-B85F-4D2EE07A1E2E.jpeg

F5E0DA05-389D-4317-B987-29E48EE976C0.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6

29 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

I have missed being here, I haven’t even been keeping up with reading so I am way behind on everyone’s news. 

Good to see your post, you've been missed.  Prayers and best wishes for your upcoming drug trial, and enjoy Fritz Ernst -- he's a cutie.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good afternoon, all!

So first off I had two visits to the hospital to prepare for my upcoming drug trial. My first dose is next Wednesday, wish me luck. I have four doses the first two months and then once a month after. My first two will be with my favorite neurologist, but he is leaving soon. He is from Maine (he did not like summer in St Louis AT ALL!) and he is taking a job at a hospital on the east coast.  I will miss him. I also had several other doctor visits to catch up on as well as a visit from occupational therapy and several phone visits with the pulmonologist. Enough!

The second reason I have been so busy is we decided to adopt another dog. We’ve been missing our Fritz so much and the house was so quiet. DH and I have been married almost 52 years and never been without a dog (or two and one cat and a lot of birds). Open Door Animal Sanctuary, a local no-kill shelter posted a picture of a dachshund named Fritz whose owner died last month and he was looking for a new home. There were several applications for him and we made our age and handicaps clear,  but they chose us, probably because we have no other pets, a fenced in backyard and experience with dachshunds. It was meant to be! We’ve named him Fritz Ernst, he’s a brown mini, 13 years old. He was a little nervous the first few days, but he’s settled in nicely. 

I will try to get back on track and catch up. In the meantime sending prayers for all who need them and a celebration toast!

St Louis Sal

It was good to see your post.  Several Dailyites have been asking about you recently.  Best wishes on the drug trial.  I hope it helps.  Good to see the pictures of the newest member of the family.  He is a handsome senior citizen, but then I'm partial to dachshunds.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good afternoon, all!

St Louis Sal

God bless you @St. Louis Sal what happy news, it’s a win-win!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

All this talk of reubens and delis reminds me of a big name deli in Ann Arbor where DS lives.  Ever hear of Zingerman's?  Their food is to die for but boy the prices!  Whenever DS suggests going there to eat, or ordering sandwiches we say "you buying?".  😄

Here's a photo of their reuben on this link to that portion of the menu.  Looks pretty good to me, but I've never been a fan of corned beef so don't order it.

https://www.zingermansdeli.com/menus/corned-beef-sandwiches/

Yes they are delicious and expensive. My sister sends us a box every Christmas which we love. Their breads are awesome. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good afternoon, all!

St Louis Sal

The dog looks lovely.

Good luck with the drug trial.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I am glad to help.  That is a primary purpose of the Daily.  I had taken Eylea 27 times, then switched to Beovu for 3 times with no significant change, then one injection of Vabysmo last month.  The Dr. said it was just approved and apparently had less side effects than the other two.  She should ask her doctor about it.

Ray

I also get shots for macular degeneration. It has been stable but no real improvement. I was switched to a different Doctor in the same practice and he changed the medication. Had to get special approval from the insurance company. Anyway I have had 2 and it is improving. He thinks I will be able to eventually stop the injections. Something I was once told would never happen. I cant think of the name but I will look it up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1