Deluxe Beverage Package on Oasis

Hi there,

Longtime Celebrity cruiser that just booked a 7 days cruise on the Oasis of the Seas from Bayonne this July. Looking in the planner, I see the Deluxe Beverage Package at a discount (!) of $73/day/guest + tips,  feel it's rather expensive, but I'm new to RCCL...is this average cost ? Should I wait for a better sale pre-boarding ? Also, in the cabin are a C&A Gold member and a Diamond member. Thanks for the help 😉

• Like 1

the Diamond member will have 4 drinks loaded daily on their Seapass card to use anytime anywhere (except Bionic bar and one other place (can't remember) for drinks up to $13. On board, the drink package sells for $89 per day, not including 18% gratuity so that's $105 per day per person. $73 is a deal, buy it and keep checking. If it does drop you simply cancel it and repurchase at the lower sale price

I wish mine was showing $73/pp/d.  We are going to Alaska on the Quantum of the Seas in June 2023.  Current price is $90/pp/d.  I would have to go straight from the ship to rehab if I was trying to break even on that.  Since out cruise is so far out, I will just keep checking for a drop.  Others have said that "Black Friday" is a time for some good discounts.  Also, if I don't get the package, RCL supposedly offer a 10 drink card during the last third of the cruise (day 4 or 5 of a 7 day sailing) and that card is shareable.  So just order drinks ala carte, then maybe buy the drink card.

• Like 1

Thanks, because I'm not familiar with RCCL I was trying to see if it was worth it but honestly I always take it to just not have to think about it and sign pieces of paper all the time ... simplicity and convenience has value to me and always had it on my journeys on a Celebrity vessels so I will book it and still check from time to time. Happy to just be cruising again after the last 2 years...

• Like 1

We figured out it's 6 to 8 drinks per/day to break even. I bought the "refreshment package" when it was on sale. Prices have gone up since then. I rarely drink. My husband is buying drinks as he goes. He said he could not drink 6plus drinks a day. You cannot share. If one person(21 or older) in your cabin buys a alcohol package then the adult needs to too. And if you go up  to the bar to get a drink, then you have to wait 20mins to get another. 

1 hour ago, eabplus2 said:

We figured out it's 6 to 8 drinks per/day to break even. I bought the "refreshment package" when it was on sale. Prices have gone up since then. I rarely drink. My husband is buying drinks as he goes. He said he could not drink 6plus drinks a day. You cannot share. If one person(21 or older) in your cabin buys a alcohol package then the adult needs to too. And if you go up  to the bar to get a drink, then you have to wait 20mins to get another. 

No wait time to order a second drink. If only one in the cabin drinks then the second person only needs the refreshment package, you must call Royal to purchase only one package.  Six drinks a days is easy as specialty coffee, water,  juice drinks from the spa and fresh OJ for breakfast is included. 

• Thanks 1

I do not see what your sail date is but keep watching especially around holidays.  Memorial Day is coming up if you do not sail before then.  We kept watching because ours was $70 for our May 1st cruise and finally found it for a price we were willing to pay.  If you purchase and the price drops before your cruise you can always call and cancel it and repurchase.  You will have to pay again and then they will refund you the first purchase.  We have never found a price drop after purchase that was worth the hassle of cancel and repurchase, for me it would have to be $100 cheaper for me to do it.

Humm about the diamond vouchers. If we can share them then Diamond member could give the vouchers to say kids if the Diamond member purchase the beverage  package and is not using the vouchers for himself ? How does this actually work ?

3 minutes ago, Limonadier said:

Humm about the diamond vouchers. If we can share them then Diamond member could give the vouchers to say kids if the Diamond member purchase the beverage  package and is not using the vouchers for himself ? How does this actually work ?

I bought a drink for a kid, hot chocolate. I've also bought a couple of drinks for people I meet onboard at dinner. I just say use my vouchers and they do. 

I've bought drinks for other people and nothing is said.

2 hours ago, Limonadier said:

The vouchers are not actually paper coupons, they are credits that are loaded onto your ship card. So the person who is Diamond would have to use their card to buy the drink, but they are allowed to give the drink to another person. You can also buy multiple "Diamond" drinks at one time, for example we went to the theater and I used my card to buy 4 drinks at once for the four of us. Can only buy one drink at a time with the beverage package because they all need to be for one person. 

It's amazing. They have UDP prices with 30% off, buy one get one 50%off, but they all come very close in price, and to me not worth it. Between my wife and myself ( I have the 4 drink Diamond vouchers), it's just not worth paying about $1100.00 for a 7 night cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

Do people just invent this stuff up for no reason?

It's not an invention, probably just a confusion with another cruise line. There is a beverage package on another cruise line that requires a timed wait between drinks, from the time you buy one drink until the time you can buy the next drink. There are also cruise lines that have limits on the total number of drinks you can buy per day using their beverage package. RC has neither of these restrictions.

With your drink vouchers, it may be worth it to get just the refreshment package and then use vouchers or pay as you go for the alcoholic beverages. This all depends on how much you plan to drink, of course. 

On 4/22/2022 at 11:49 PM, Jasukkie said:

The Diamond vouchers can be openly shared if that helps. 

So if I have a drinking package I can share my 4 drink Diamond vouchers with my parents who do not have the drinking package?? Really?..

2 hours ago, smaheu11 said:

So if I have a drinking package I can share my 4 drink Diamond vouchers with my parents who do not have the drinking package?? Really?..

Yes. I did this every night at dinner on one sailing, getting cocktails for my family who didn't have the package and were new to Royal. Just tell your server to use your diamond vouchers.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have to specifically tell them to use the vouchers? I am thinking about getting the refreshment package but wasn't sure how it works if I go get a specialty coffee and keep them from using a voucher so I can save them for more expensive alcohol drinks later.