Live from the Caribbean Princess: Panama Canal - Apr 26 to May 14 - SF to FTL

Ken the cruiser

11 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here is the Wednesday, Apr 27, Princess Patter

0D9E2F12-E3BF-4FC3-84DA-66D682C4091A.thumb.jpeg.9b5ca7626eef1820f0e159ccb0afeb03.jpeg

Attention Ken the cruiser and everyone else on the CB right now.  If you missed Freddie the Astronomer at 10:15 AM in the Princess Theater you missed a great presentation.  Freddie is going to be your enrichment lecturer the whole cruise and if you want to see mind-blowing presentations about space with plenty of beautiful pictures presented by a knowledgeable and passionate presenter, go to his lectures.

I met Freddie on the Enchanted Princess on the 20 Nov 2021 sailing and enjoyed his presentations immensely.  If you want personal follow up his favorite haunt is Crooner's in the evening.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, dickinson said:

@Ken the cruiserWe cruised in February on the Regal.  I didn't turn off cellular data but just turned on airplane mode and had wifi on.  I discovered I could text to other iPhone users but also do FaceTime.  I have read on here that one can also turn on wifi calling to talk to someone on the phone but don't know if your carrier has to allow it.

I made phone calls on the CB with Wi-Fi calling turned on last month.  I am on T-Mobile.

• Like 3

We just got back from going to the first of many astronomy lectures scheduled for this cruise and all I can think of to say is that Fred Cink, the guest lecturer, is great and very knowledgeable at presenting some very interesting information!! It also goes without saying we’ll be going to all of his lectures on this cruise. 😁

A352FDA2-5748-4B66-BD00-5925F1851F81.thumb.jpeg.71b3584b78ef7e1e6c22eb4aa27e9579.jpeg

1F182B9E-788A-47FC-8E73-00046A7DFD6F.thumb.jpeg.5e3ef4ff208ae5647c258f976e2a9bca.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, dickinson said:

@Ken the cruiserWe cruised in February on the Regal.  I didn't turn off cellular data but just turned on airplane mode and had wifi on.  I discovered I could text to other iPhone users but also do FaceTime.  I have read on here that one can also turn on wifi calling to talk to someone on the phone but don't know if your carrier has to allow it.

One question. Was the device you were using the “one device” authorized by MedallionNet to also access the internet?

In my case I can text with other iPhones with my one MedallionNet “authorized” device, but can’t with my iPhone if my “authorized” device is my iPad, even if my iPhone is in Airplane Mode, with Cellular Data left on prior to turning on Airplane mode, as well as connected to the onboard MedallionNet intranet. 

6 hours ago, sp2 said:

Hi Ken,

How do you find out the passenger count? Do they post it or do you need to ask them at Guest Services? Do they give any upgrades since the ship is only half full?

Sharon

We just went up to Guest Services, when there was no line (just after we ate dinner at 5:15) and asked the question which they confirmed by looking up on their computer. 

As far as upgrades go, no idea. Maybe someone onboard following this thread might have more insight on that issue. For us as we are in an aft-facing cabin and have no desire to be upgraded. 

• Like 3

I, too, make a chilled piña colada soup at home: 

Combine:

2 oz silver rum

0.5 oz Jamaican overproof white rum

1 oz cream of coconut

3 oz pineapple juice 

Blend with ice. 

It’s frequently the soup of the day at our house. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Ken thank you soo much...if you have a moment would love to see the room service main items...is that on the tv now...not sure if Caribbean princess is all done up like the new royal class ships...as all menus and stuff were on the tv on the Majestic.....and again only if you have time please and thank you. 

As we are in a suite, here’s the room service menu I found in our cabin. Don’t know if it has the same items that are listed on a non-suite cabin menu. If not, may someone can post the non-suite room service menu. 

55D6BCC7-6A62-4891-9F0F-921B71A302FA.thumb.jpeg.f3c93b4ea206f3c5278cd601fb1dba11.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kopy said:

Thank for posting, I would love it if you could post some of the patters so i could see which bands are playing and which venues are being used if possible and not too  much trouble

I posted the first 2 days (Tue/Wed) at posts 57 and 58 and will try to post them every evening once we receive them for the following day.

8 hours ago, sp2 said:

Ken, I also wondered if they are requiring masking indoors and specifically in the theatre. Thanks!

No, masks are not mandatory indoors, but are recommended in certain areas. For example there is a sign posted in the theater as well as at the various restaurant entrances that state “Masks Recommended”.

6A12C038-8C6B-4384-A7F9-9A39844D4C0E.thumb.jpeg.1aa9f58731f2f5a2594b23777d2f48f7.jpeg

8 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Ken thank you soo much...if you have a moment would love to see the room service main items...is that on the tv now...not sure if Caribbean princess is all done up like the new royal class ships...as all menus and stuff were on the tv on the Majestic.....and again only if you have time please and thank you. 

I checked the TV and the MDR and Room Service entries, as well as other areas were listed, but no references were provided to any specific menu items.

8 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Hi Ken, 

Thanks so much for all the great info. If you have a moment could you see if they left one of those little blue tote bags in the room?  We had one on our trip in Jan on Regal hanging up in the closet  and were hoping there was one this time around also. 

Nope, the only blue bags in the closed were laundry bags. There were slippers and bathrobes, but no blue tote bags that we could find. 

So sorry to have missed this voyage.  It is not often the Caribbean Princess is on this side (West) of the world.  Hope they fixed her propulsion problem that has been plaguing her for years.  AND at 50%.  Delightful cruise.

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

@Ken the cruiser Really like your posting style and that everything is here on CC and not offsite.

we've been on CB before, and will be again at the end of November.  No requests, maybe the staff names in Vines or Crooners?  no worries as in 7 months who knows anyway.

True. Our steward’s first day was the same day we boarded the ship and one of our CC dining waiters, Francis, will leave the ship in June after his 9 month contract ends. No telling who’s going to be on the ship in 7 months. Now, if they had a staff picture outside of Vines or Crooners I could take a picture of, that would work. But, unfortunately, I haven’t seen any yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I’m surprised that no one has asked @Ken the cruiser THE QUESTION OF ALL QUESTIONS - did they fix the clocks??? 

They must have since I thought it was 7:30 this morning when I went to get some coffee, but noticed it was 8:30 when I looked at a clock near an elevator. We were supposed to move our clocks forward an hour last night, but I forgot to update my phone. 😂😂

Edited by Ken the cruiser

21 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I checked the TV and the MDR and Room Service entries, as well as other areas were listed, but no references were provided to any specific menu items.

Ok great thanks. 

Is the buffet still being served by the crew?