Are you thinking about cancelling your cruise?

gordylad

15 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Your food choices when originally quarantined allow for all the dining options you would have access to based on your originally booked cabin. If you elect to stay on board after your original cruise ends then you are limited to only the typical room service menu.  

Do you know this for a fact? I haven’t seen it written anywhere, in fact there seems to be very little information about what happens if you test positive except you will be quarantined. No information about where or amenities provided except from passengers who have unfortunately found themselves in this position. If it is correct, it’s  not a good way to treat passengers. A company stands on its reputation of how it treats people when things go wrong. Sadly in my opinion Celebrity are not helping their reputation by treating passengers so poorly. Surely a basic standard  of care regarding nutrition is required for passengers if Celebrity allows  them to quarantine aboard after their cruise has ended. 

53 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

That was my understanding with regard to food choices too. However the OP posted that her husband has only room service menu and not dining room menu and also mentioned the lack of vegetables. I have no reason to doubt her account. 

I do doubt her account since no one else who was quarantined has said the same thing. Jim Lain who has a very long live Silhouette live thread was quarantined with his partner and he reported that they could order from any MDR or Luminae menu, he just said it was not very appetizing served in Styrofoam boxes. He also said they were not furnished paper copies of the menu and had to order from the Celebrity app, maybe that is where the confusion with the OP comes from.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

Do you know this for a fact? I haven’t seen it written anywhere, in fact there seems to be very little information about what happens if you test positive except you will be quarantined. No information about where or amenities provided except from passengers who have unfortunately found themselves in this position. If it is correct, it’s  not a good way to treat passengers. A company stands on its reputation of how it treats people when things go wrong. Sadly in my opinion Celebrity are not helping their reputation by treating passengers so poorly. Surely a basic standard  of care regarding nutrition is required for passengers if Celebrity allows  them to quarantine aboard after their cruise has ended. 

I am only repeating what was reported by Bananavan as he and his spouse (Covid +) elected to stay on the ship to complete quarantine.  It is also my understanding from several reports that quarantine procedures (cabin location, etc) are not dictated by Corporate but decided by individual ship captains.  So that is why you won’t find any of this is writing. 

30 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I do doubt her account since no one else who was quarantined has said the same thing. Jim Lain who has a very long live Silhouette live thread was quarantined with his partner and he reported that they could order from any MDR or Luminae menu, he just said it was not very appetizing served in Styrofoam boxes. He also said they were not furnished paper copies of the menu and had to order from the Celebrity app, maybe that is where the confusion with the OP comes from.

But the difference is original cruise quarantine and electing to stay on the ship for the next cruise to complete quarantine. They probably don’t want to make it too attractive for Covid+ passengers to stay on board although they do “offer”;that option. 

33 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

But the difference is original cruise quarantine and electing to stay on the ship for the next cruise to complete quarantine. They probably don’t want to make it too attractive for Covid+ passengers to stay on board although they do “offer”;that option. 

And Therein lies the rub. Either offer it and look after pax or don’t offer it at all. Sitting on the fence is not an option. 

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I do doubt her account since no one else who was quarantined has said the same thing.

To be fair, this is the first account we have seen by someone who has chosen to remain on board the next sailing (they were not booked on the current cruise) to finish out their isolation.

• Thanks 1

The original poster has updated her post since speaking to an officer and things seem to have improved considerably. A little kindness and common sense had been applied today, it doesn’t take much but has changed this ladies experience considerably. I’m so glad for them both. 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 1:56 PM, TeeRick said:

No we will not cancel.  The Covid concern will be with us for many years to come.  You are either comfortable cruising with it around or not.  Next year will not make a difference.  It will be around.  Ships will have cases.  There is no waiting for pre-pandemic normalcy.  Just keep Up To Date with vaccines or don't cruise if you are concerned.  All we can do.

Agree, but the testing to fly back home to the USA needs to stop. We sailed on the Edge TA and are in Italy now. The test to come home is irksome as neither the UK nor Canada require it-we can fly domestically throughout the US with no masks, no proof of vaccination, no testing! We can cross the border from Canada or Mexico without testing! Life has returned. So why still this ridiculous test to fly home? 😖

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lexmiller said:

Agree, but the testing to fly back home to the USA needs to stop. We sailed on the Edge TA and are in Italy now. The test to come home is irksome as neither the UK nor Canada require it-we can fly domestically throughout the US with no masks, no proof of vaccination, no testing! We can cross the border from Canada or Mexico without testing! Life has returned. So why still this ridiculous test to fly home? 😖

Yes all true.  The 1-day testing requirement to enter the US by air hopefully will be eliminated very soon.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Yes all true.  The 1-day testing requirement to enter the US by air hopefully will be eliminated very soon.

From your lips to God’s ears! We embark in less than a week and I know already I’m not going to enjoy the trip worrying about flying home.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 9:49 AM, TeeRick said:

From what I have been reading, the US entry testing requirement for vaccinated, up to date travelers might be going away soon.  Just like what the UK did.  Let's hope!

I wish that were true, but I just heard today that the CDC is now SUGGESTING that passengers flying DOMESTICALLY this summer test three days before their flight. I think this hints that they would not drop the international testing requirement. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MDTrip said:

I wish that were true, but I just heard today that the CDC is now SUGGESTING that passengers flying DOMESTICALLY this summer test three days before their flight. I think this hints that they would not drop the international testing requirement. 

Yes, this is true. They would require it if they felt it had any chance of flying with the public, excuse the pun.

We are on the Apex now and I was really hoping that this requirement would be rescinded, it makes no sense, you are flying in many cases from an area of lower incidence to an area (the US) with higher incidence,

I do not think the requirement will be dropped until the CDCs hand is forced, either by the courts or a change in administration, maybe the end of the year at the earliest?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Yes, this is true. They would require it if they felt it had any chance of flying with the public, excuse the pun.

We are on the Apex now and I was really hoping that this requirement would be rescinded, it makes no sense, you are flying in many cases from an area of lower incidence to an area (the US) with higher incidence,

I do not think the requirement will be dropped until the CDCs hand is forced, either by the courts or a change in administration, maybe the end of the year at the earliest?

I’m anticipating the return to US test requirement to change in 2023, not this year. Reason why I changed my Greek Island cruise from August 2022 to September 2023.  The discussions I have read is the CDC says the entry 1 day testing is not even on the table for change. With cases spiking in US it will not.