Anyone been quarantined?

sallybrown2012

8 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I would like to know if any of you who tested positive (either before embarking or on the cruise) had no symptoms. 

Both my hubs and I were positives, I had zero symptoms and my hubs had a mild headache and stuffiness for a day or two. That was it for us...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was really wiped-out feeling after what had been, objectively, a very easy travel day.  Boom. Never more than a stuffy nose from a respiratory perspective but I felt like I had mono on top of the flu on top of a hangover. 

In a departure from what was done on the Ruby Princess, I’m reading on Facebook that 300 out of 800 in transit passengers on the Emerald Princess tested positive yesterday and are being disembarked for quarantine on turnaround day. Regardless of how many additional cruises they have booked, they are not being allowed to re-board the ship at a future date (per the posts I’m seeing on Facebook). I do wonder how many disembarking passengers will test positive and be unable to immediately continue their onward travel. Apparently internet has been sketchy onboard, which may be why we’re not seeing posts on Cruise Critic. Friends on board were able to text me last night that they tested negative. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

In a departure from what was done on the Ruby Princess, I’m reading on Facebook that 300 out of 800 in transit passengers on the Emerald Princess tested positive yesterday and are being disembarked for quarantine on turnaround day. Regardless of how many additional cruises they have booked, they are not being allowed to re-board the ship at a future date (per the posts I’m seeing on Facebook). I do wonder how many disembarking passengers will test positive and be unable to immediately continue their onward travel. Apparently internet has been sketchy onboard, which may be why we’re not seeing posts on Cruise Critic. Friends on board were able to text me last night that they tested negative. 

If these numbers are correct that is 38% of passengers.  I wonder how many crew are infected?  

A tough ending for those passengers, but their convalescence will likely be more comfortable on land.  But geeze, that’s a big number… wonder how many more untested passengers were actually positive, and hope they keep those masks on tight for the flights home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Regardless of how many additional cruises they have booked, they are not being allowed to re-board the ship at a future date (per the posts I’m seeing on Facebook).

What? Like... indefinitely? I get it if they can't board during [whatever the quarantine period is], but that sounds like they're nixing bookings that might be weeks or months later, as long it was a single continuous trip.

When we left on the 23rd of April after being on the ruby princess, there was 37 cases : (there was around 2500 on the ship excluding staff)

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Ruby-Princess-cruise-ship-reports-37-coronavirus-17135277.php

Whilst we was in L.A., we was on a coach tour and saw the Grand princess in port and the tour guide said they was in quarentine as they had an outbreak there? No issues on the Ruby, they relaxed the rules on mask wearing (i think a rule changed about half way through?) but noticed people still wore them in the lifts and places that were enclosed like the corridors still.

Edited by sammyjoanne
extra sentence

14 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I would like to know if any of you who tested positive (either before embarking or on the cruise) had no symptoms. 

There is a YouTuber, Port Monkey's that is on the Enchanted Princess who has been posting about testing positive with Covid but no symptoms. He reported it and is now quarantined for the remainder of the cruise.

He only tested because he was meeting people on shore and wanted to be safe. He was shocked he tested positive, the ship tested him and confirmed the positive result. His wife was negative and got to go about her cruise as normal.

17 hours ago, dickinson said:

No.  I read this morning that with Omicron (January -February) that about 42% of people who died because of it were vaccinated and boosted.  There are lots of people who don't seem to care if they get it because many people have a "mild" case.  Problem is, not every case is mild.

I read that article, and I'm afraid you are misquoting, the bulk of those who died were elderly, and vaccinated, but not boosted.  

"The bulk of vaccinated deaths are among people who did not get a booster shot, according to state data provided to The Post. In two of the states, California and Mississippi, three-quarters of the vaccinated senior citizens who died in January and February did not have booster doses. "

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2022/04/29/covid-deaths-no-longer-overwhelmingly-among-unvaccinated-as-toll-on-elderly-grows/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, sammyjoanne said:

When we left on the 23rd of April after being on the ruby princess, there was 37 cases : (there was around 2500 on the ship excluding staff)

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Ruby-Princess-cruise-ship-reports-37-coronavirus-17135277.php

Whilst we was in L.A., we was on a coach tour and saw the Grand princess in port and the tour guide said they was in quarentine as they had an outbreak there? No issues on the Ruby, they relaxed the rules on mask wearing (i think a rule changed about half way through?) but noticed people still wore them in the lifts and places that were enclosed like the corridors still.

Pretty sure the Grand is currently undergoing a drydock in Victoria... she starts sailing again on May 11 for the Alaska season from Vancouver. 

13 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Wouldn’t Princess need to report the positive cases to the port? I would think any port would be hesitant to have a ship dock with so many cases. 
I do think Princess should release the correct numbers. Social media posts might not be accurate.😏

4 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Wouldn’t Princess need to report the positive cases to the port? I would think any port would be hesitant to have a ship dock with so many cases. 
I do think Princess should release the correct numbers. Social media posts might not be accurate.😏

If that many people arrived in the UK with covid I would think it would have made the news - I've searched UK papers and have seen nothing.  And the related fb groups are all private so don't want to sign up for those....Without a link to actual info, at this point would have to consider it hearsay...

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2022/04/19/princess-cruises-ship-docks-in-la-as-passengers-test-positive-for-covid-19/

The ship Grand princess was in port on the LA excursion we was on and saw it there 19th of April, thats why we had to dock elsewhere on the Ruby. I dont know if they had to quarentine on the ship, however tour guide on our coach said they were.

Edited by sammyjoanne

1 hour ago, Loveh2ofl said:

If that many people arrived in the UK with covid I would think it would have made the news - I've searched UK papers and have seen nothing.  And the related fb groups are all private so don't want to sign up for those....Without a link to actual info, at this point would have to consider it hearsay...

Currently any travellers from the UK have to do an observed lateral flow test in order to fly the USA and verify the results with the airline. We did April 13th. We had to wear masks on the way to the USA, but coming home, the rules changed and we no longer had to wear a mask on the flight. I think the testing rules to come to the USA may change soon though.

Edited by sammyjoanne

7 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I am on Emerald Princess now and was on the Transatlantic portion and now doing the British isle cruise. Yes there was a high outbreak onboard Emerald during TA portion. They tested everyone 2 days after embarkation and took some people to Covid cabins on 12th floor. I would say about 6-7 days into cruise before our first port more people got sick. After first port even more. By the time we hit Bilbao there were a lot more infected. At that point they started requiring masks indoors and stopped all bar counter service. When we docked in Southampton they reques all transit passengers to go thru immigration in Club Fusion abs then go to the dining room to get their Covid test for returning to US. Problem was they were very backed up with Covid tests and only able to email results to you an hour later. So you didn’t know until you were at airport if you were positive. Lots and lots were positive. You then had to figure out what hotel to go to- they are using Ibis abs Radison Blu. At the Radison the hotel was trying to put strangers together in the same room with one bed and if you refused they said you had to pay for room yourself. There is suppose to be a Princess Rep at the hotels but they are non existent. No clear instructions on whether you are there 5 or 10 days. A lot of People are very unhappy with IBIS hotel and leaving to find another hotel. No real support from Princess and poor communication. They should have tested the day before disembarkation since they would still have been within 24 hour deadline but then they would have had to deal with all the positive people. They are deliberating waiting to last minute to test abs not giving you results until you are off the ship so it is t their problem. They ran out of Covid rooms on 12 th floor and started isolating people in their own rooms.

There were a lot of upset people who where missing shuttles to airports due to long Covid testing line on ship this AM. They were telling people to get tested at airport but when they got to airport their were no appointment available in time to meet their flight times. This happened to our traveling companion who ended up testing positive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

20 hours ago, dickinson said:

No.  I read this morning that with Omicron (January -February) that about 42% of people who died because of it were vaccinated and boosted.  There are lots of people who don't seem to care if they get it because many people have a "mild" case.  Problem is, not every case is mild.

I read that almost all of those had pre-existing conditions or were elderly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mrobinson said:

I am on Emerald Princess now and was on the Transatlantic portion and now doing the British isle cruise. Yes there was a high outbreak onboard Emerald during TA portion. They tested everyone 2 days after embarkation and took some people to Covid cabins on 12th floor. I would say about 6-7 days into cruise before our first port more people got sick. After first port even more. By the time we hit Bilbao there were a lot more infected. At that point they started requiring masks indoors and stopped all bar counter service. When we docked in Southampton they reques all transit passengers to go thru immigration in Club Fusion abs then go to the dining room to get their Covid test for returning to US. Problem was they were very backed up with Covid tests and only able to email results to you an hour later. So you didn’t know until you were at airport if you were positive. Lots and lots were positive. You then had to figure out what hotel to go to- they are using Ibis abs Radison Blu. At the Radison the hotel was trying to put strangers together in the same room with one bed and if you refused they said you had to pay for room yourself. There is suppose to be a Princess Rep at the hotels but they are non existent. No clear instructions on whether you are there 5 or 10 days. A lot of People are very unhappy with IBIS hotel and leaving to find another hotel. No real support from Princess and poor communication. They should have tested the day before disembarkation since they would still have been within 24 hour deadline but then they would have had to deal with all the positive people. They are deliberating waiting to last minute to test abs not giving you results until you are off the ship so it is t their problem. They ran out of Covid rooms on 12 th floor and started isolating people in their own rooms.

There were a lot of upset people who where missing shuttles to airports due to long Covid testing line on ship this AM. They were telling people to get tested at airport but when they got to airport their were no appointment available in time to meet their flight times. This happened to our traveling companion who ended up testing positive.

WOW!!!!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I read that almost all of those had pre-existing conditions or were elderly.

I'll bet that a very good portion of people going on these cruises have some pre-existing conditions and/or are "elderly".  

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, mrobinson said:

This is absolutely crazy!  This should get the attention of the press or put on social media (Princess Twitter or Facebook).  It is not right to put strangers in the same room with one bed.

Is Princess paying for quarantine rooms at the Radison Blu?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrobinson said:

Stay safe and healthy.  WOW!  For me, I would be trying to get off the ship at the next port and go home!!

• Like 3

Just got off the Majestic & I thought Princess did a bad job of social distancing & reminding people to wear masks in crowded places. lots of people were coughing. I'm healthy & boosted but was very uncomfortable in the overcrowded areas - which were many. I'm going to test tomorrow just in case

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

This is absolutely crazy!  This should get the attention of the press or put on social media (Princess Twitter or Facebook).  It is not right to put strangers in the same room with one bed.

Is Princess paying for quarantine rooms at the Radison Blu?

I believe so and you get a per diem for food. Was told you can stay anywhere and then submit for insurance reimbursement. But there must be a limit on what they will reimburse. Ibis and Radison Blu at Heathrow are the designated Princess Covid hotels

• Thanks 1