Wi Fi package options?

Kitty Ellas Mom

This will sound silly, but I can't get the Princess website to tell me about the wi fi package.  It might be b/c my travel agent gifted me a package that is about $70.  My question is, is this the only wi fi package you can buy, or are there different levels?  I used to see on their website where it would prompt me to buy the wi fi package but that doesn't appear anymore.  I'm on the Majestic in June to Alaska, if it matters.

Edited by Kitty Ellas Mom

Don't count on it being a "gift from your TA".  When people book with Princess Plus - a Princess benefit package - the Cruise Personalizer often shows the perks as coming from the TA.

This is from our upcoming cruise. Please note that every one of these perks is from Princess but they are all listed as being from our TA.

image.thumb.png.876e01c6a800899e7fe1a66d6839807e.png

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Don't count on it being a "gift from your TA".  When people book with Princess Plus - a Princess benefit package - the Cruise Personalizer often shows the perks as coming from the TA.

This is from our upcoming cruise. Please note that every one of these perks is from Princess but they are all listed as being from our TA.

image.thumb.png.876e01c6a800899e7fe1a66d6839807e.png

And they are not a gift from your TA or from Princess.. You paid for them as part of the extra $40/day/person for Princess Plus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

This will sound silly, but I can't get the Princess website to tell me about the wi fi package.  It might be b/c my travel agent gifted me a package that is about $70.  My question is, is this the only wi fi package you can buy, or are there different levels?  I used to see on their website where it would prompt me to buy the wi fi package but that doesn't appear anymore.  I'm on the Majestic in June to Alaska, if it matters.

I'm on the Majestic RIGHT NOW, though we're nowhere near Alaska.

There's only one WiFi plan offered with different prices at different times:

* Before the cruise, buy it through the app at $10/day 

* During the cruise, it's $15/day to purchase for the rest of the cruise, or $20 for a single day.

BTW, the Internet speed has been good for a cruise ship. This is a test I just did in my cabin. We're close to Ensenada. YMMV.

Screenshot_20220429-040414.png

If you have the Plus Fare you have unlimited wifi connection to the internet, daily gratuities and the Premier beverage package all rolled into one. It is a fare offered by Princess, not your T.A. The so called value/pp/day of the plus fare if items are purchased separately is $70 for the beverage package, around $10 for the wifi internet, and between $14.50 and $16.50 for the gratuities. Plus fares are $40/pp/day additional to the no frills fares and are a good value. The breakeven is around two alcoholic beverages per day.

Are you speaking about the plus fare or something else?

I, too, was looking to purchase the unlimited wifi before my cruise in November.  I cannot find it anywhere on my cruise personalizer.   Someone on an earlier thread said that you have to call in to get the wifi before the cruise.

For someone (me) with 42 Princess Cruises under our belt, getting this first “Post Covid” cruise booked has sure been a nightmare. Of course some of this stems from us having done 8 times the number of cruises to get a free internet package yet we now have to pay for it.

Is this how it works, purchasing before boarding is less expensive than once onboard? If so I better decide and get it done as I will skip it completely when I learn that it is now even more expensive to purchase onboard. I know that Platinum/Elite get the package for half price. Is the “one device” plan now $10 (before half price reduction for Platinum/Elite) per day based on number of days of the cruise? And $15/$7.50 if purchased onboard? When they say “one device” is that one online at any given time or one device gets registered and that is the only device that can be used? And I know that for $20/$10 a day there is the 4 device plan.

I know that the internet is vastly improved for the most part and some of our last several cruises in 2018/2019 we’re on ships that had the new internet “system” in service. It’s just that we really don’t need always on internet service, I was fine with the free per minute packages in the past but agree they didn’t work well along side the new always online packages they were selling. 

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector
Clarification

Just now, AE_Collector said:

For someone (me) with 42 Princess Cruises under our belt, getting this first “Post Covid” cruise booked has sure been a nightmare. Of course some of this stems from us having done 8 times the number of cruises to get a free internet package yet we now have to pay for it.

Is this how it works, purchasing before boarding is less expensive than once onboard? If so I better decide and get it done as I will skip it completely when I learn that it is now even more expensive to purchase onboard. I know that Platinum/Elite get the package for half price. Is the “one device” plan now $10 (before half price reduction for Platinum/Elite) per day based on number of days of the cruise? And $15/$7.50 if purchased onboard? When they say “one device” is that one online at any given time or one device gets registered and that is the only device that can be used? And I know that for $20/$10 a day there is the 4 device plan.

I know that the internet is vastly improved for the most part and some of our last several cruises in 2018/2019 we’re on ships that had the new internet “system” in service. It’s just that we really don’t need always on internet service, I was fine with the free per minute packages in the past but agree they didn’t work well along side the new always online packages they were selling. 

Terry

You have my respect for doing 42 cruises on Princess. This current one is my second. I'll answer your questions as well as I can.

Purchasing before boarding is less expensive. 

All rates are before the status discount.

The way I understand things, if you purchase prior to boarding, you'll pay the full rate with the discount given to you as OBC onboard. If you purchase onboard, you'll pay the discounted rate. 

One device means only one device can be logged into that account at a time. You can use any number of devices with it, but you'll have to log off one, then log into the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I purchased the WIFI pkg. yesterday via phone.  I got the 1-device $10.00/day, but got the Elite 50% discount.  I'm on an 18-day TA, so the price was $90 which was charged/posted to my Visa account w/in 30 min.

I asked the rep handling my transaction to send me a confirmation email.  She agreed.  The email that came said NOTHING about the WIFI purchase.  She sent it again; same nothing message.

Where should I expect to see notification of my WIFI purchase/  It shows no where on my account!  I don't want to be arguing w/Customer Service on the ship on May 26!

Thanks.

I believe you can see your onboard pre-purchases if you log in to what we used to (may still) call the cruise personalizer. I always pre-purchase Onboard Credits to my account which I can see online so that should be similar to anything else pre-purchased including the internet package.

Edited by AE_Collector
Clarity