Live from Royal Princess sailing May 2, 2022 for 12 nights rountrip from Vancouver to Alaska

lks

2 hours ago, Yehootu said:

We plan on doing our eMed test in Victoria. Can someone please let us know if the internet is good enough, I guess if not we'll just do it in a pub with wifi.

By the posts here made daily, it seems as if the internet is working good on this sailing.

Mahalo

That’s something I’d like to see. A pub full of people doing Covid tests… that ought to clear the pub out. Not what the pub owner was hoping for, either.😉

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I have not seen any reference to reimbursement fo testing

"Unless otherwise noted, if a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs of tests, provided guests can show proof that their flight arrangements are the same day as they disembark the ship. Guests will need to make their own test arrangements if onward travel is not the day they disembark."

I added the italics and the bold font. You can find this statement here:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Currently it's the first topic listed under "After You Sail"

image.png.bd16bc98c222feaf328e68ab9dcb7874.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Senga said:

Why didn’t you send the food back?  Being served cold food, even if we weren’t paying a surcharge, is not acceptable.

We're not drama people and we are not interested in making a scene. We had no intention of waiting for another round of food to arrive. They did bring me hot mushrooms after asking. We ate what we wanted and we dealt with this issue in our way through other channels. We just hope others don't have this issue.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

"Unless otherwise noted, if a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs of tests, provided guests can show proof that their flight arrangements are the same day as they disembark the ship. Guests will need to make their own test arrangements if onward travel is not the day they disembark."

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Hmmm I see what you mean. I interpreted it as Canada being an exception to all of the other policies but I would be happy to be wrong. I will find out next week!

2 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

That’s something I’d like to see. A pub full of people doing Covid tests… that ought to clear the pub out. Not what the pub owner was hoping for, either.😉

We were at a scuba diving resort in the Caribbean a month ago.  Everyone was tested at noon on Friday in their conference/meeting room.   Reservations are Saturday to Saturday.     They had large tables with 4 chairs at each.  We all were at least 6 week apart.    There was a test kit at each chair and we were told to leave our masks on until told to take them off.    We were told when to take our mask off and swab our nose.  Then we were suppose to immediately put the mask back on before we did anything else.    The nurse walked around and looked at all of our kits.   Then we were told to leave.

I was very impressed as to how organized it was.

4 hours ago, Yehootu said:

We plan on doing our eMed test in Victoria. Can someone please let us know if the internet is good enough, I guess if not we'll just do it in a pub with wifi.

By the posts here made daily, it seems as if the internet is working good on this sailing.

Mahalo

doing a covid test in a pub ought to go over real well.......LOL

1 hour ago, compozer said:

We were at a scuba diving resort in the Caribbean a month ago.  Everyone was tested at noon on Friday in their conference/meeting room.   Reservations are Saturday to Saturday.     They had large tables with 4 chairs at each.  We all were at least 6 week apart.    There was a test kit at each chair and we were told to leave our masks on until told to take them off.    We were told when to take our mask off and swab our nose.  Then we were suppose to immediately put the mask back on before we did anything else.    The nurse walked around and looked at all of our kits.   Then we were told to leave.

I was very impressed as to how organized it was.

What a fun trip that would be. That’s sounds like a smooth operation they had going on there. 
Did you have to wear a mask for your whole vacation at the resort, or just for the test? Was this for guests flying back to the countries that still need it? 
How did you get the results for flying if she just looked at them? 

Edited by Happiest when cruising

Hi, Also on this cruise and just checking in.  I think someone asked about the live music and my daughter and I are really enjoying the Sound - great selection of songs.  We have also really enjoyed the food, burgers and cookies are much smaller than they used to be (so we just get extra lol).  Alfredos is also fabulous. The free charms and bracelet in the Effy store are wonderful to collect.  Loved the Beatles tribute, David Meyer (electric xylophone) and the Colors of the World show.  Internet is absolutely horrible - going to look for some wifi when we get off the ship in Ketchikan tomorrow so I can catch up on some very important emails.  Crew is excellent - very friendly and helpful.  Comfy beds, great selection of movies on t.v. to go to sleep to.  Also have a feeling Covid may be starting to spread, my neighbours have "disappeared" after seeing a nurse covered head to toe and swabbing them.

• Thanks 1

We are not on this cruise but will be on the next one.  Everyone keeps commenting about the internet speed.  We took a cruise to Greenland on Princess a few years ago.  We were told then, that the farther north we went the internet would get worse.  Greenland and Alaska are similar in latitude.  At least in Greenland we were warned when the internet was going to be out.  

I have enjoyed reading about your cruise. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

3 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Oh..so you think Princess will reimburse those getting off in Vancouver. Maybe by submitting a claim of some sort. 
Covering the cost and reimbursing are very different things. Interpretation is everything, and obviously many of us interpret it differently. 
Why wouldn’t they add that bit into the line about voyages ending in Canada, instead of making people guess and being upset? Having to find a location is rough enough, if you don’t want to do a proctored one. 

45 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

What a fun trip that would be. That’s sounds like a smooth operation they had going on there. 
Did you have to wear a mask for your whole vacation at the resort, or just for the test? Was this for guests flying back to the countries that still need it? 
How did you get the results for flying if she just looked at them? 

Thanks.   The first week of diving was great - our dive team had it booked in 2020 and 2021.   We had to wear masks whenever we were in any of their buildings and to and from the airport in their vehicles.   All meals were buffet - divers get very hungry!!   You wore your mask until you started to eat.   If you got up without it to get something, one of the staff was right on you.  Outdoor bar, pool and on the boats did not require masks.    Last year in Cozumel, you wore them all over town and even on the dive boats until you put your reg in your mouth.          

We all had to register before taking the test.    The test result was emailed to you a couple hours later and the resort would print it out if you need a printed one.   

Unfortunately, I was the only one in the resort that tested positive - no symptoms.   They were very strict about their quarantine requirements.    You could not step out of your room until your CT Value was above 32.   No idea how I picked it up.   When I was able to leave, one of the dive staff told me two hotel staff were in quarantine just before me.  They get tested every two days.    

5 minutes ago, Wulfwyn said:

I di not get tonight's dinner menu,  I had already decided to eat at crown grill.  It was good.  So hear is a updated  crown grill and tomorrow's  dinner  menu 

I20220510_203649.jpg

Interesting that Crown Grill had so many up charges.  Usually only for surf and turf.  Peaked my interest…what is this dessert?

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Interesting that Crown Grill had so many up charges.  Usually only for surf and turf.  Peaked my interest…what is this dessert?

the dessert was what hubby had.  I would have to go  relook at menu.  He said it was good

• Like 2

On 5/9/2022 at 2:47 AM, Fisherwoman said:

We are on this cruise.  I am impressed with the crew, they are all happy to be back and doing a great job.  The only complaint I have is the internet.  The speed is pathetic and it's very frustrating.  I can't even open a pdf on an email.  I cannot send any pictures on gmail but what works great is What's App.

On another thread, posters are saying they need to use the Internet on the last day before disembarking in Vancouver to do proctored Covid-19 tests for flying back to the USA.

Do you think the Internet speeds you are experiencing will be sufficient for someone doing this?

13 hours ago, Sudoku said:

Does anyone know how much a Princess transfer is from Vancouver to the Vancouver airport?

On this thread ( post 233) somebody posted a picture of their disembarkation paper that they turned in and it’s $29 for a princess transfer to the Vancouver airport  and it could be charged to your onboard account if you wanted it to. I do believe your travel agent can add it prior to cruising as well .

2EE9D9EB-E9E1-43D4-A0C5-A525FA61E056.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson

13 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Oh..so you think Princess will reimburse those getting off in Vancouver. Maybe by submitting a claim of some sort. 

I didn't say reimburse that was another poster. I'll first try a claim at Passenger Services - will go from there.
Covering the cost and reimbursing are very different things. Interpretation is everything, and obviously many of us interpret it differently. 

I personally don't see much difference, especially since Princess isn't paying for them in advance and this isn't insurance. Maybe you could explain the finer distinctions.
Why wouldn’t they add that bit into the line about voyages ending in Canada, instead of making people guess and being upset? Having to find a location is rough enough, if you don’t want to do a proctored one. 

I think the cost covering statement is first as it applies to all voyages, not just the Canadian ones. The Canadian statement is there because of the recent change in their procedure where they will no longer be providing tests on the cruises ending in Canada.

See my individual responses in bold blue font.

Edited by beg3yrs

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

the dessert was what hubby had.  I would have to go  relook at menu.  He said it was good

8 hours ago, caribill said:

On another thread, posters are saying they need to use the Internet on the last day before disembarking in Vancouver to do proctored Covid-19 tests for flying back to the USA.

Do you think the Internet speeds you are experiencing will be sufficient for someone doing this?

The current Royal Princess MedallionNet internet is  absolutely not going to work for a proctored video chat COVID test. Oddly, upload speeds have been significantly better than download speeds, so I don’t buy the “going north” explanation. We shouldn’t be getting a download speed that is a fraction of the upload speed if the issues are based on latitude. I think something is out of whack with the onboard system, but no one has figured it out. 

7 hours ago, snoopylife said:

No one has mentioned the Crab Shack onboard where you get bowls of crab legs etc, like a crab boil. Is there such a thing?

No. 

13 hours ago, Sudoku said:

Does anyone know how much a Princess transfer is from Vancouver to the Vancouver airport?

It’s $29. The SkyTrain is 1/10th of that in USD, and usually much faster.  

Side note, re: the PA system failing for half of our day in Glacier Bay. With the exception of the captain, the staff has been tripping over themselves to apologize for this screwup. The cruise director apologized to the audience after the show the other night, and I actually received a call from guest services yesterday apologizing (since I’d reached out via crew chat during the failure). The captain has not mentioned the snafu during any of his announcements, only referencing the great weather we had in the park. 

It was previously posted that before your cruise people were moved due to the Covid quarantine deck was Dolphin deck. On our cruise in 2 weeks, deck 9 rooms never showed up in any search. Now it looks just by open rooms we will be at 60% without open Carib deck rooms. Any idea how much of that deck is held. Have they said what % you are sailing at.