Muster drill

It's GREAT.  Most people go as soon as they board, since you're on the proper deck anyway. Watch the video on the app so that's checked off, and just walk to your muster station, check in and get the little 2-minute lecture, and go on about your cruise. I hope it ALWAYS stays this way.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, flamingos said:

It's GREAT.  Most people go as soon as they board, since you're on the proper deck anyway. Watch the video on the app so that's checked off, and just walk to your muster station, check in and get the little 2-minute lecture, and go on about your cruise. I hope it ALWAYS stays this way.

can you watch the video on the app before you are on the ship? 

5 minutes ago, tropical83 said:

Yes.  I've done the videos (there are two of them) for each of the 17 cruises I've done since last summer before I got to the ship.  Then when the muster stations open for checking in, I go and I'm done.  You need to wait until the app shows that the muster time countdown clock has started or you won't get credit for seeing the videos.  The first one ends with a check box for you to attest that you watched.

Edited by Anton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Yes, you can do it from the terminal while waiting to board.

1 minute ago, Anton said:

Yes.  I've done the videos (there are two of them) for each of the 17 cruises I've done since last summer before I got to the ship.  Then when the muster stations open for checking in, I go and I'm done.

Thank You!

• Like 1

While not much positive came out of the last couple of years, the change in the muster drill program might be the one exception to the rule. That and they debarkation process of staying in the stateroom until your number is called on the TV. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anton said:

Yes.  I've done the videos (there are two of them) for each of the 17 cruises I've done since last summer before I got to the ship.  Then when the muster stations open for checking in, I go and I'm done.  You need to wait until the app shows that the muster time countdown clock has started or you won't get credit for seeing the videos.  The first one ends with a check box for you to attest that you watched.

I don't recall seeing a countdown clock on the app.  I guess since I always went after I boarded and never paid attention to the app after I was done the check in at muster station.

But definitely like the new process!

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't recall seeing a countdown clock on the app.  I guess since I always went after I boarded and never paid attention to the app after I was done the check in at muster station.

But definitely like the new process!

It usually opens on the embarkation morning, and I've done the videos at my hotel and even in the shuttle enroute to the port.  But people have done them too early and not received a "complete" bar (I think it's green) on the right side at the top of each video, so I look at the top of the safety briefing section in the app and see a countdown clock that can be several hours away but it's ticking down.  Then I know I should get the green complete bar.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if they still blast the alarm on the ship, or do you only have to listen to the alarm on the app? I've read conflicting things about this, and my noise-sensitive kid would like to know. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, jmw1975 said:

Can anyone tell me if they still blast the alarm on the ship, or do you only have to listen to the alarm on the app? I've read conflicting things about this, and my noise-sensitive kid would like to know. Thanks!

They certainly do and yes, it is loud. They are required to do so.  They also blast it as they are leaving port.

25 minutes ago, flamingos said:

They certainly do and yes, it is loud. They are required to do so.  They also blast it as they are leaving port.

Good to know. Thank you! This will allow me to prepare my son (and get his noise cancelling headphones ready!).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tropical83 said:

you are technically required to watch the video before you board. We were getting an email a day the week of cruise reminding us to watch the video. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

you are technically required to watch the video before you board. We were getting an email a day the week of cruise reminding us to watch the video. 

Actually, if someone doesn't have a cellphone, or is tech challenged, they will get the briefing in person when they report to their muster station.

I was on the Explorer of the Seas last week, and the second I boarded the people at the gangway told me to report to my muster station right away. Which for me was easy, since it was in the dining room adjacent to the gangway location. At check in people were given a paper wrist band to identify who had already reported. 

Aloha,

John 

2 hours ago, jmw1975 said:

The captain will come over the PA and explain that the alarm will sound but no action is necessary, so you'll know when it's going to happen.  

2 hours ago, flamingos said:

Two different sounds.  

The alarm is different than the ship's horn.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

The captain will come over the PA and explain that the alarm will sound but no action is necessary, so you'll know when it's going to happen.  

Oh great! That was going to be my next question. Thank you!

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Required to watch before boarding... I don't think so. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Now if everyone just would go.  There are still people who don't show and there are announcements begging people to appear.

It is actually pretty disgusting. RCI has made this a painless as possible. I don't understand why guests can't reciprocate and make it easy for the ship.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

...or on your cabin TV. 

• Like 1