Royal just dropped testing for back to backs…hope Celebrity follows!

cruisestitch

28 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Its a step forward for sure 

How so?  If people test negative they have nothing to worry about. If they test positive they should either be put off the ship or isolated.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The uncertainty of the false positive, for one thing

Have we heard of Celebrity passengers being isolated or disembarked based on false positives? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

How so?  If people test negative they have nothing to worry about. If they test positive they should either be put off the ship or isolated.  

Because even if you tested negative, if you were tested due to a 'contact trace', you didn't get to reboard for the next leg of your B2B.  Not nice.  Perhaps that will be changed now as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Why? Because they’re asymptomatic or have the snivels? Sorry, it’s time to move on.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Dollar short and day late for us as I tested positive last 6 days ago on a B2B test.  

On the positive side,  we were forced to disembark in Southampton and have had a wonderful staying Southampton .    If we had remained I would probably still be in an Ocean View Room on deck 3.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, canderson said:

Because even if you tested negative, if you were tested due to a 'contact trace', you didn't get to reboard for the next leg of your B2B.  Not nice.  Perhaps that will be changed now as well.

Yikes - didn't know that (definitely "not nice"!)

Tom

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I am guessing not

they are two independent cruises, one after the other, on two different cruise lines. That’s not really back to back.

Yah, we'll see. The only reason why I thought it might is because as it stands now, Celebrity is arranging (and not requiring payment) for our between cruise testing as Celebrity and RCL are owned by same company.  So their current testing policy does treat it as a B2B. 

• Like 1

I am hoping that our S2S - (side to side) will not require testing. We are currently on the Eclipse (Hawaii to Vancouver) - arrive on 5/15 and walk across the pier to embark on the Serenade for a 7 night Alaska itinerary.

I see where Celebrity will be cancelling a couple of Alaska cruises after their 5/15 abbreviated itinerary. I am so glad that we are going on the Serenade (needed to use FCC's) and aren't staying on the Eclipse.

Now I wonder if RCCL will do testing on board for those who are flying back to the US???

On 5/5/2022 at 2:03 AM, cruisestitch said:

Currently on Explorer OTS but it is happening on other Royal ships as well, no testing for back to back passengers between cruises!

Disembarked Edge this morning. Ran into Captain Costas at Al Bacio who said that yesterday was the last testing for B2B passengers. 

• Like 4

It seems pre-embarkation testing isn’t effective if 100 people can have Covid a few days after sailing. 
Testing 2 days before sailing only catches those with high viral load 2 days before sailing. 
What about those who are getting sicker from -48hours to 0hour?  
Those people are still boarding. 

4 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I am hoping that our S2S - (side to side) will not require testing. We are currently on the Eclipse (Hawaii to Vancouver) - arrive on 5/15 and walk across the pier to embark on the Serenade for a 7 night Alaska itinerary.

I see where Celebrity will be cancelling a couple of Alaska cruises after their 5/15 abbreviated itinerary. I am so glad that we are going on the Serenade (needed to use FCC's) and aren't staying on the Eclipse.

Now I wonder if RCCL will do testing on board for those who are flying back to the US???

People on the RCL boards were reporting still needing to do S2S testing after the B2B testing was lifted. 

Edited by AbbyCruiser45