Infinity vs Millenium

gordylad

I would pick either based on the itinerary and price.  Frankly, it's a toss-up between refurbished (revolutionized) or not in my book.  The room updates are nice.  The common area updates are no big deal.  The lack of a proper canopy at the Sunset Bar is very disappointing.  

• Like 1

Personally, I love the M class ships. Sailed Infinity in 2018 and Constellation in 2019. (Our 2020 cruise on Millenium in 2020 was cancelled; however, we are booked on the Millenium in 2023.).

I agree with DC, I would also pick a cruise based on itinerary and price.

The only thing that S Class ships have that I missed on the M Class is the Murano restaurant. This, said, I prefer the elevators concept and MDR concept on M Class.

Of note, none of the ships we were on, had been refurbished yet, so I can't comment on that difference.  

I spent 39 nights on the refurbished Millennium recently. I would not travel on one of the ships that hasn't received the same treatment unless the fare was wildly, wildly less or the itinerary was just amazing. 

having not been on a M class only the other Celebrity ships I have to say the way they were before refurbishment was nice and agree that the refurb makes them sparkle....but I'm not sure we want to base our decision on a refurb or not.

I suppose my slight concern is that I believe the Infinity has been used to hold the staff during covid time therefore it must be down the pecking order probably due to no refurb?

5 hours ago, gordylad said:

having not been on a M class only the other Celebrity ships I have to say the way they were before refurbishment was nice and agree that the refurb makes them sparkle....but I'm not sure we want to base our decision on a refurb or not.

I suppose my slight concern is that I believe the Infinity has been used to hold the staff during covid time therefore it must be down the pecking order probably due to no refurb?

The Millennium and Summit have been refurbished through the Revolution program (pre-COVID).  The Infinity, and also the Constellation, did not undergo those extensive changes, but some refurbishment and improvements have been reported anyway.  All of these ships are well maintained by Celebrity.

19 minutes ago, gordylad said:

thanks everyone....does anyone know what refurbishment took place on the Infinity? I've tried to find it but no success

Minor changes to some public areas.

Itinerary and cost would be far more important than choosing Millie just because she's had a refurb  though. 

1 hour ago, gordylad said:

thanks everyone....does anyone know what refurbishment took place on the Infinity? I've tried to find it but no success

Annual maintenance and possibly the hull has been repainted.

so I found the following which is interesting as we are considering a suite: In November 2020, Celebrity Infinity under went an extensive refurbishment as part of the Celebrity Revolution. She was revolutionised, with exclusive new sanctuaries for Suite guests, new boutiques featuring the most desirable designer names, luxuriously updated restaurants, bars and lounges.

Anyone know if the suites were refurbished and balcony furniture update [and especially those ugly frosted glass dividers] the solid while looks much better?

thanks

20 minutes ago, gordylad said:

so I found the following which is interesting as we are considering a suite: In November 2020, Celebrity Infinity under went an extensive refurbishment as part of the Celebrity Revolution. She was revolutionised, with exclusive new sanctuaries for Suite guests, new boutiques featuring the most desirable designer names, luxuriously updated restaurants, bars and lounges.

Anyone know if the suites were refurbished and balcony furniture update [and especially those ugly frosted glass dividers] the solid while looks much better?

thanks

I note that you don't cite or link to the source of this information.  I don't believe it's correct.  

According to Celebrity's "revolution" schedule, the Infinity has not been revolutionized, nor have I read any comments here on CC that she has been 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-revolution?cid=ps_mest_goog_rtlgnr_1702_dtak_albr_us_4966&&cid=ps_mest_goog_rtlgnr_1702_ship_albr_us_8029&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhfX0iu3N9wIVC7LICh3-0g1AEAAYASAAEgKUIPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also, if you go to Celebrity's home page and click on each specific ship, you will not see a revolution date for the Infinity, but you will for the revolutionized ships, like the Summit.

43 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Link?

I just watched a you tube video from last month April 2022 from a crew member showing his cabin because he was sent to the Infinity to be quarantined. Might not sound much but we have to think about the cost of a cruise on the Infinity being not refurbished and currently used as a quarantine ship vs  refurbished ship and out sailing now.