The Daily for Wednesday 05/11/2022

richwmn

Good morning!   An interesting group of days.  I practice daily fasting so I usually eat from noon and full stop at 6 pm.   That means when I can eat I can eat what I want.  School nurses are a rare breed these days.   I don't know how school systems handled all the testing and screening for Covid.    My mother was a secretary who also welcomed people to the building so she had some receptionist duties also.  She studied for and took that job so she could earn money for us to have an in ground pool.   I will pass on the dish.   The drink kind of reminds me of something we had on the NS this winter.  I recall it was called Double O ______.  Can't remember the name but the bartenders made some dandies.    

The wine is especially interesting because if all goes to plan we will be in Punte del Este Uruguay so I am looking for local wines and wineries.  It looks like quite the operation.  I hope it isn't too far from the port.   Have never been to Falmouth. 

Prayers for all on Roy's care list and for the remaining souls holding on in Mariupol.   Prayers for all involved in this conflict.   🙏

Puerta Caldera, Costa Rice HA Shorex to Pura Vida Gardens

mountain view Pura vida CR 31218.jpg

• Like 28

@dfishThank you for the recipes.  They all look healthy except for the grains. My mom discovered Green Goddess Dressing in the early 70's and I can remember that being served with every salad.  I never see it in the stores now, could be I had so much of it, I'm not really looking for it.  Be safe with the heat in Ohio.  I see it is really overly warm there!

@JAM37 The vacation was fantastic. We kept saying we wish we had rented the condo for two weeks, but that may happen another day (as soon as we win the lottery...LOL.)  Next vacation- a 10 day cruise in September.  Cant wait!  However the cats were so traumatized by their sitter, they hid for four hours after we walked in the door.

@cat shepard  I really laughed at your meme today.  Furnando Kimi has ended up being called Nandi Pandi, to which he does answer to.  

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 28

Good morning friends!  We went for a nice walk early this morning, then I grabbed some breakfast and went back outside to trim off some of the lower branches and sprouts on our crape myrtle tree.  Now we can see down our street from the living room window.  It should be nice today and 81F for a high.

Thanks Rich for the Daily!  I like eat what you want day.  Half the time I'm eating what DH wants because he prepares the meals now.  I was a receptionist in the past when I worked at the University DH went to.  It's harder than you think because in my case I had many other duties besides greeting people.  I'm pretty sure they have a school nurse at DD's school she teaches at.  She's busy with her homeroom and math class now or I would be able to find out for sure.  I have no idea who the author of the quote is today.  The Green Goddess Grain bowl looks interesting.  I never knew there were so many dishes/recipes I'd never heard of or had!  

Thank you to Roy for the Care and Celebration lists.  I said my prayers bright and early this morning, for all our Daily members, my family members, the people of Ukraine and all who assist them, and a new mention for me.  My friend Joyce who we met on the Best Norway Cruise Ever in 2016 on the Prinsendam.  She was a tablemate and such an energetic, fun person.   In January 2021 she informed her friends she was diagnosed with ALS.  The last time I contacted her was December 22, 2021 but I never heard back from her.  So last night I looked her up online and found her obituary.  She passed of ALS on March 8, 2022.  So I'm praying for her soul and her dear family today.  What a bad year we've had with losing family and friends.  So many!  I'm therefore glad to have a Celebration list to salute each day.  We have to remember there are good things happening out there even though all we hear about is the bad.  

DH has an appointment tomorrow with his oral surgeon as they start preparations for his implant.  I hope everything goes smoothly.

@StPeteCruiserthank you for the great photos taken from your Venice sailaway on the Wind Surf.  I thought the same thing, it brings back happy memories of our times spent there.  We will all have to look for smaller ships if we want to do that again!  Ann @marshhawkwelcome back!  We missed you too!  We had the port of Falmouth, England on Dec. 20, 2021 and I will post those photos again for you.  Have a great day everyone!

On May 8, 2019 we enjoyed a little visit to Falmouth, England.  It was cloudy with a chance of rain but we had found if we took our Prinsendam umbrella (which was conveniently placed in the walk-in closet) the raindrops stayed away.  That's what happened this day, too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ2rNG1wTxFI22OpADYWmVu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787182

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgFzqHdJxC4Az4WNGdlLU1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787189

I was surprised to see an American flag on the dock.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLQhxHpR1giKXBH4rH4b_hq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787202

We walked downtown enjoying the scenes along the main street of town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCeFQ8Ji0Xmz3eNIqo8GFV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787218

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPflNKRZAQlaRa1MNQzKbT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794250

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX059BRxbIACsvyJyMqz-O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794253

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCLU1wNHqYfQkumgwEoYPT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788892

According to the sign on the window, this shop had award-winning pasties  They looked good to me!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8enN14iIP-6JrR8hkKu6r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794260

At the far end of the street we came upon a lovely little wharf area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdm5fCG7I8NDFPIWiSvr0k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794263

Across the water was this view which I just loved.  The varying colors of green on the hillside, the large homes along the water, and all the beautiful sailboats made a very pleasing picture.  I used this photo as the cover of my Shutterfly photo book of this cruise.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLf9ApRElcJau3VLx7Z1sok?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794264

And here we have a local ferry!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPrQRhDH4PGfLLEMQKpjBX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788933

Not so big, is it?  I wonder how far the ride was?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVID7B2-PkZqDcK6LPxwKf-T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788939

We walked around a little further.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIzUuwvqaJap4bNYtmeYEZc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788968

I noticed this little fella had a band around his leg.  They're keeping track of seagulls?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9pkAv5irSonwLu09NqbT2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788984

We went up to this point in town and turned back towards our home away from home, the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXRNYXDq387ynRhUDV5Nh8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794279

Nearer the ship was this line of row homes, all of different colors.  They really caught your eye.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS8XQ3x0wkjGuxTT3jkHt8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794286

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKi1-HpCcw-83W1pzt7UERE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794284

And a boat full of rowers00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIo-Lm-VpYOsrXQbf_T-BQ1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789036

Leaving port that evening we sailed by this manor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEEAquU5VGtP-0Qr9trEnA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789100

And this lighthouse.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJvMCA1vJMc9T-jEQmQytM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789121

An enjoyable day was had by all!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We pretty much eat what we want every day - within limits, of course.  A good receptionist is worth their weight in gold . . . ever try to get past one to see someone in an office?  Bless the school nurses, although there are very few of them around any more due to budget cutbacks.   Not so sure I agree with today's quote; sometimes it's just the exact opposite.

Well I think we're done with the outdoor furniture for this year.  DH and I put together the pieces we purchased the day before and are pleased with our selection.  We ended up shuffling sets around and now we'll be able to enjoy the lovely rockers while sitting at our front entry reading the morning paper and enjoying our coffee.  Now we just have to wait for the guy to come and repair the roof of our deck so we can have the entire deck to ourselves, rather than sharing it with buckets to contain the leaks when it rains.

Welcome back @marshhawk; we tried not to have too much fun while you were away.  @kazuit's good to see you posting with memes.  I know how much red tape there is when dealing with estate issues and it makes it even harder when there are so many emotions involved. @St Pete Cruiserthanks for the photos of sail away from Venice; we've been fortunate to have sailed from there twice, and have such lovely memories.

Today's menu suggestion really brought back some memories - I recall my Mom making Green Goddess salad dressing at home using sour cream and an assortment of herbs that she grew in our garden.  Of course there weren't any food processors then, so all the herbs had to be chopped by hand - it was truly a labour of love.  I like today's menu suggestion, but there's still chicken in the fridge so we'll finish it off tonight by having chicken Caesar salads for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for our Daily family with health issues and personal struggles.  We'll raise our glasses together to salute all on the celebration list.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear masks when you need to, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 31

Good morning!!

I love that today is Eat What You Want - I'm going out to lunch with my DSIL for my birthday, so plan to eat all the goodies!  I've been celebrating all week - I brought goodies to work on Monday to start the celebration, then went out to dinner for an early family celebration (DS's schedules wouldn't work for going out today).  It's a BIG birthday, but I don't feel any different from the last decade!!

So glad to see some of our friends back - @marshhawkglad you enjoyed your vacation.  @kazuI know you have a lot on your plate right now, but the memes really brightened my day, along with your posting.  All who have issues are always in my prayers, with hopes for better days ahead.  Happy to celebrate with those on the Celebrations list.  Take care of yourselves everyone, this is the first place I go in the morning to visit with our Daily friends.

Enjoy,

Laura

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

--Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

I certainly don't always agree with the quote, but today I do!

Late last week, my DH's doctors cleared him for travel. Knowing my DB & DSIL were at our family place in SW Florida, I decided to see if I could quickly put together a road trip to join them for a mini-reunion.

Neighbors happily agreed to keep an eye on our condo and my mechanic did a last minute 'travel worthy' check-up as our SUV hasn't gone far the past two years.

And, so, with the universe conspiring to help me, we set off...

With DH no longer able to drive, I knew it would be a test for me to make the 1,500 mile journey. Four days of driving later, I got us here safely and in time to join them waiting for sunset:

469783922_VID_20220510_195256743_exported_334.thumb.jpg.44a6e329f670008b54b739cc278bb169.jpg

So good to be with family after these past two years...

-Melisa

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kplady said:

Good morning!!

I love that today is Eat What You Want - I'm going out to lunch with my DSIL for my birthday, so plan to eat all the goodies!  I've been celebrating all week - I brought goodies to work on Monday to start the celebration, then went out to dinner for an early family celebration (DS's schedules wouldn't work for going out today).  It's a BIG birthday, but I don't feel any different from the last decade!!

So glad to see some of our friends back - @marshhawkglad you enjoyed your vacation.  @kazuI know you have a lot on your plate right now, but the memes really brightened my day, along with your posting.  All who have issues are always in my prayers, with hopes for better days ahead.  Happy to celebrate with those on the Celebrations list.  Take care of yourselves everyone, this is the first place I go in the morning to visit with our Daily friends.

Enjoy,

Laura

Happy Birthday Laura!  Enjoy your lunch today.

@ottahand7 Melisa, so glad you made that long trip safely.  Have fun with the family.

Sorry to @St Pete Cruiser, earlier I tagged a different StPeteCruiser.  I didn't know there was two of you!😄

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Buon Giorno from the next to the last day in Rome.

We fly home on Friday.

Today we did some things Jim wanted to do.  We went to the Pantheon.  They have a new system where the center is cordoned off and so is the Church area.  They just keep you moving around the perimeter.  They really get you in and out of there quickly.

Then we went to the Church of Santa Maria Sopre Minerva.  Jim has some fascination with this Church.  It has an obelisk with an elephant outside of it in the piazza.  Well the church doors were open but then there was a grate and you could not go in.  We walked all the way over there for nothing.

Then we walked to the Piazza Navona and spent some time there and had some pizza and wine.  It was an opportunity to sit down and rest.  

After taking some photos of the fountains—especially Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi), we found a taxi stand and headed back to the hotel for a rest.

Tonight we will have a light dinner at the hotel because at 8 pm we have a tour set up with RomeCabs.com for a 2-hour NIGHT TOUR OF ROME.  We have done this in the past with this company and it is always fun. Rome is so different at night.

Tomorrow we have to be tested for our trip home. We are going to get antigen tests just to be on the safe side.  Oceania told us we did not need to be tested and provided us with the copies of the positive and negative Covid tests showing that we recovered from Covid.  

The concierge at the hotel thinks we should also be tested just so we don’t have any problems at the airport.  We tend to agree with her.  For 22 euros each we feel it is worth it.

Afterward we plan to do a Golf Cart Tour of Rome for three hours.  The golf carts can go where the cars and buses cannot and it gives you a whole different perspective.  So if the weather cooperates, and I think it will, this is our plan.

Then we have to pack so that we can be picked up at 7 am on Friday morning.

Busy time ahead but finally some fun.

Thank you for all the lists to both Rich and Roy.  

I keep all of you in my daily prayers—especially with all the churches I visit.  I really like to visit churches. @kazuhappy to see you posting.

Thank you all for contributing every day and making this such a positive and caring place.

Stay well and safe.

God Bless, 

Terri

• Like 30

Good morning from overcast central Texas. It will be hot again today, but hotter as the week progresses.  I'm going to try to get outside and trim and mow the grass as early as possible.

We usually eat what I want since I do the cooking.  Fortunately, we generally like the same things.  A big salute to receptionists and school nurses.

I am not a fan of the quote either.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I remember green goddess dressing was big in the 1950s.  The wine sounds nice.

We have not been to Falmouth.  Thank you, @StLouisCruisers Sandi for the pictures.

@summer slope  I hope your allergies give you a break soon.

@St Pete CruiserThank you for the sailway pictures and the memories.  We sailed from and to Venice several times on the Prinsendam and Veendam.

@kazu   Jacqui, after the estate work yesterday, I hope getting outside and working in the garden will be therapeutic.  Love the memes.

@Overhead Fred  Glad you made it safely to the cottage.

@marshhawk  Ann, welcome home.  I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation.

@smitty34877  Terry, sending good thoughts for your DD's surgery and that Tana has some good nights.

@ger_77  Garry, enjoy your patio furniture.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, our condolences on the loss of your friend.

@HAL Sailer  Glad you made the trip safely.  Have a good time.

@kplady  🎉🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA! 🥂🎊

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

DSIL that lives with Sue and I contracted COVID this week. She has quarantined herself in her bedroom and just feeling lousy with a modest fever. All three of us are now wearing masks in the house plus avoiding being near each other. So far Sue and I have been okay. Sue did take a test that was negative yesterday as the two of them ran a few errands together last week.,  I have been suffering with allergies off and on (tree pollen which I never suffered with living in Chicago!) so difficult to tell. The important part is no fever. It may put a crimp on Sue's travel plans to visit her son in Ashland, WI this weekend, and also our visit to Chicago in a little over a week.

Today's port is scheduled on our British Isles cruise next May. Looking forward to the photos that will be posted.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

@HeartgroveJack, I'm sorry to hear your DSIL is positive for Covid now.  I hope that it stays far away from you and Sue!

My DD texted a reply to me about nurses at their schools, and she says all schools in their district have a nurse on duty every day.  Her school alone has 700 students and the other schools in the district are large too.  She mentioned they have 4 or 5 diabetic children in the school and must keep a close eye on them.  DD says she usually has a diabetic child in her class every year so she is always on the alert and having them check their levels if something seems off.  It takes a village, as they say!

Glad to hear you're having fun @Cruzin Terri!  Enjoy your upcoming night tour and golf cart tour of Rome.  And good luck on those Covid tests.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

It will be a beautiful day today, around 60 F.  Two nice days in a row, I'm getting spoiled lol.

I usually eat what I want but within reason for a Diabetic.  There's always the treadmill if I dig too much into the chocolate 😉  Cheers to receptionists and school nurses.  I'll pass on the wine and drink, and would like the last recipe Debbie posted (but minus the cilantro). I also disagree with the quote. Have never been to this port, thank you for photos!

Last night I got upsetting news that a friend in VA is in the hospital with Covid 😞  I'm sure she's vaccinated and has been careful.  Praying she'll be ok.  She said she's getting antibodies.  I'm going to contact my doctor today and ask when I should get my 2nd booster.  I had planned on waiting closer to our early October cruise, but now this has me wondering...

Happy Birthday Laura @kplady!

@HeartgroveJack I'm very sorry to hear that your DSIL has Covid.  I hope you and Sue can keep from getting it.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.   I'll pass on today's meal suggestion.   We are having leftover chicken and rice.  Spring seems to really be taking hold.

20220511_100300.thumb.jpg.c6c53aa336853c78b31efc6c67bf467d.jpg

20220511_100321.thumb.jpg.75ac66758034d4170cc168e5eafe0926.jpg

20220511_100419.thumb.jpg.28f3e631cd00fe1913673617fc2133b1.jpg

Moms and dads are busy feeding their babies.  The older the gourd the better they seem to like it.

20220511_100347.thumb.jpg.e32895fdf79a5a40c47f48de0fb682b9.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Cool here, but is supposed to heat up rapidly and the winds will come mid-morning. I have the doors open to get lots of fresh air before I have to close up. The dust has been terrible. Fortunately we are not getting smoke. I feel terrible for the people in New Mexico. I am very familiar with those wonderful little towns that dot that region. Many of the families there go back several centuries in the same area. 

Little new here. I am working on getting things ready for the kitchen replacements and find I have lots of stuff that needs to be junked. I need to pay attention to what is in the cabinets before buying more of whatever it is I thought I needed. Some very expired spices are hitting the trash. I have friend coming Friday morning to trim my hair, give me a pedicure, and.... help me reach the top cabinets. I do not climb ladders any more. Especially when I am here alone. Sigh..... my sister complains of the same thing.

Off to work. On the plus side, our lilacs are blooming and Ralph's Iris bed looks happy and healthy. Now if the winds will just stay down.

Take care all. Looks like Covid is beginning to sneak up again. 

Susan 

Edited by durangoscots
typos
  • Like 29

@StLouisCruisers Sorry to hear  that your friend passed.  I hope you have lots of happy memories to bring you comfort.

@marshhawkWelcome back, glad you enjoyed your vacation.

@kplady Happy Birthday!🎂

@HAL Sailer Enjoy the time with the family. 

@Heartgrove Hoping you don't get COVID.🤞

@Crazy For Cats Love the garden pictures, thanks for posting.

@grapau27Yummy looking dinner.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We went for a nice walk early this morning, then I grabbed some breakfast and went back outside to trim off some of the lower branches and sprouts on our crape myrtle tree.  Now we can see down our street from the living room window.  It should be nice today and 81F for a high.

Thanks Rich for the Daily!  I like eat what you want day.  Half the time I'm eating what DH wants because he prepares the meals now.  I was a receptionist in the past when I worked at the University DH went to.  It's harder than you think because in my case I had many other duties besides greeting people.  I'm pretty sure they have a school nurse at DD's school she teaches at.  She's busy with her homeroom and math class now or I would be able to find out for sure.  I have no idea who the author of the quote is today.  The Green Goddess Grain bowl looks interesting.  I never knew there were so many dishes/recipes I'd never heard of or had!  

Thank you to Roy for the Care and Celebration lists.  I said my prayers bright and early this morning, for all our Daily members, my family members, the people of Ukraine and all who assist them, and a new mention for me.  My friend Joyce who we met on the Best Norway Cruise Ever in 2016 on the Prinsendam.  She was a tablemate and such an energetic, fun person.   In January 2021 she informed her friends she was diagnosed with ALS.  The last time I contacted her was December 22, 2021 but I never heard back from her.  So last night I looked her up online and found her obituary.  She passed of ALS on March 8, 2022.  So I'm praying for her soul and her dear family today.  What a bad year we've had with losing family and friends.  So many!  I'm therefore glad to have a Celebration list to salute each day.  We have to remember there are good things happening out there even though all we hear about is the bad.  

DH has an appointment tomorrow with his oral surgeon as they start preparations for his implant.  I hope everything goes smoothly.

@StPeteCruiserthank you for the great photos taken from your Venice sailaway on the Wind Surf.  I thought the same thing, it brings back happy memories of our times spent there.  We will all have to look for smaller ships if we want to do that again!  Ann @marshhawkwelcome back!  We missed you too!  We had the port of Falmouth, England on Dec. 20, 2021 and I will post those photos again for you.  Have a great day everyone!

On May 8, 2019 we enjoyed a little visit to Falmouth, England.  It was cloudy with a chance of rain but we had found if we took our Prinsendam umbrella (which was conveniently placed in the walk-in closet) the raindrops stayed away.  That's what happened this day, too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ2rNG1wTxFI22OpADYWmVu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787182

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgFzqHdJxC4Az4WNGdlLU1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787189

I was surprised to see an American flag on the dock.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLQhxHpR1giKXBH4rH4b_hq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787202

We walked downtown enjoying the scenes along the main street of town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCeFQ8Ji0Xmz3eNIqo8GFV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787218

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPflNKRZAQlaRa1MNQzKbT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794250

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX059BRxbIACsvyJyMqz-O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794253

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCLU1wNHqYfQkumgwEoYPT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788892

According to the sign on the window, this shop had award-winning pasties  They looked good to me!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8enN14iIP-6JrR8hkKu6r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794260

At the far end of the street we came upon a lovely little wharf area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdm5fCG7I8NDFPIWiSvr0k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794263

Across the water was this view which I just loved.  The varying colors of green on the hillside, the large homes along the water, and all the beautiful sailboats made a very pleasing picture.  I used this photo as the cover of my Shutterfly photo book of this cruise.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLf9ApRElcJau3VLx7Z1sok?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794264

And here we have a local ferry!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPrQRhDH4PGfLLEMQKpjBX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788933

Not so big, is it?  I wonder how far the ride was?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVID7B2-PkZqDcK6LPxwKf-T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788939

We walked around a little further.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIzUuwvqaJap4bNYtmeYEZc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788968

I noticed this little fella had a band around his leg.  They're keeping track of seagulls?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9pkAv5irSonwLu09NqbT2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788984

We went up to this point in town and turned back towards our home away from home, the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXRNYXDq387ynRhUDV5Nh8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794279

Nearer the ship was this line of row homes, all of different colors.  They really caught your eye.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS8XQ3x0wkjGuxTT3jkHt8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794286

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKi1-HpCcw-83W1pzt7UERE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794284

And a boat full of rowers00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIo-Lm-VpYOsrXQbf_T-BQ1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789036

Leaving port that evening we sailed by this manor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEEAquU5VGtP-0Qr9trEnA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789100

And this lighthouse.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJvMCA1vJMc9T-jEQmQytM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789121

An enjoyable day was had by all!

Lovely photos as always Sandi.

So sorry to hear about your friend.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

I certainly don't always agree with the quote, but today I do!

Late last week, my DH's doctors cleared him for travel. Knowing my DB & DSIL were at our family place in SW Florida, I decided to see if I could quickly put together a road trip to join them for a mini-reunion.

Neighbors happily agreed to keep an eye on our condo and my mechanic did a last minute 'travel worthy' check-up as our SUV hasn't gone far the past two years.

And, so, with the universe conspiring to help me, we set off...

With DH no longer able to drive, I knew it would be a test for me to make the 1,500 mile journey. Four days of driving later, I got us here safely and in time to join them waiting for sunset:

469783922_VID_20220510_195256743_exported_334.thumb.jpg.44a6e329f670008b54b739cc278bb169.jpg

So good to be with family after these past two years...

-Melisa

Well done driving that distance Melisa.

Nice family photo.

Graham.

• Like 15

Good morning, Dailyites.  I am sore today, did a lot of walking yesterday.  In the afternoon we, with DS and his partner, went out to Butchart's.  Puppy Oskar is very good at posing for pictures.

IMG_0526.thumb.jpeg.83570756082f97e19cb93b170b1dcbba.jpeg

IMG_0489.thumb.jpeg.03c72e2f28dbf4d128528ecb3ed60b1e.jpeg

I was fascinated with the different "faces" in some of the tulips.

IMG_6952.thumb.JPG.bb5174085c25fe5fa1c4de9fbbb95b3c.JPG

IMG_6958.thumb.JPG.8963e3280a7bdf6387e8e82fa8e5f60a.JPG

IMG_6961.thumb.JPG.4b0b82ab16f22a4da97c219717c4be54.JPG

IMG_6963.thumb.JPG.2b640896b8ac3911cf39581fc27eed06.JPG

IMG_6981.thumb.JPG.4ca636aeebd27ca81d953376aae920d5.JPG

The place was just buzzing with bees, I was happy to see them all.  There has been news that many died over this past winter.

Many prayers today for Jacqui and Tana  and all who need them.

• Like 36