Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

27 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Prices on Princess Australian cruises are in AUD. 

I actually have a collection of costume jewellery that I've built up over the years. I don't wear a lot of jewellery though but have some nice pieces that suit my various outfits. I've just got to find them. I think they are buried in a drawer somewhere, in my jewellery wrap.

I used to love stopping at Darwin. There used to be a really nice costume jewellery stand inside the cruise terminal and I always managed to find something there to add to my collection. 

Good to know

3 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

That's what I am doing, running everyday and getting myself "Back to Cruising Weight" - LOL.

I’m trying to lose my covid lockdown curves 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cbtours said:

How many rat tests are you all taking with you? I know there’s are complimentary but I was thinking I’d take some of our own! 

I have a couple of 5 packs in the medicine cupboard. I’ll pack them plus antibacterial wipes, masks and hand sanitiser. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Oh dear, better try and get my kg down more than I planned lol

5 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

That's what I am doing, running everyday and getting myself "Back to Cruising Weight" - LOL.

Not enough time between now and our cruise to get to my happy healthy weight. Will just do the best I can between now and then. I want to do at least one Afternoon Tea. I will be in the MDR for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

I have a couple of 5 packs in the medicine cupboard. I’ll pack them plus antibacterial wipes, masks and hand sanitiser. 

Yes they’re on my list too. Do you all take basic meds too? I normally have Panadol type and q wells just in case motion sickness which has only happened once our very first cruise.

wonder if something bit more covering cold symptoms be adequate just in case?

50 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Not enough time between now and our cruise to get to my happy healthy weight. Will just do the best I can between now and then. I want to do at least one Afternoon Tea. I will be in the MDR for that.

Honestly however I am once I leave home to holiday, that’s it! I’m on holiday and I enjoy it to the max! I never take my scales so I don’t think of my weight! Time enough to diet when I get home! Enjoy afternoon tea every day! You only live once. And just so we not drifting off again, I’m going to add “check afternoon tea” to the questions. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sj_cavy said:

I have given up trying to lose weight but I rarely put on weight on a cruise as we tend to do a lot of walking around the ship and try not to overeat.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Yes they’re on my list too. Do you all take basic meds too? I normally have Panadol type and q wells just in case motion sickness which has only happened once our very first cruise.

I take a very well stocked medical kit these days. As well as the usual painkillers (Panadol and Nurofen) and seasickness meds I take antihistamines, antibiotics as recommended by my GP, imodium, gastrolyte, cough tablets, throat lozenges, bandages and dressings, Betadine wipes, etc, some of which I'll have to replace as they'll be past their use by dates by now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Probably a box of five, or maybe two. We'll need two RATs for our pre-embarkation test plus spares in case we stuff one up, and as we're driving and stopping off at Coffs Harbour on the way home we'll probably want to do one at the end of the cruise which may not be supplied by the ship.

That’s good thinking

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

@Cbtours Another super serious one. 😉

Can you still get a free deck of playing cards from the customer service desk, and are you supposed to return them at the end of the cruise?

Never knew you could but I’ll be asking 🥰🥰

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have given up trying to lose weight but I rarely put on weight on a cruise as we tend to do a lot of walking around the ship and try not to overeat.

You’re very disciplined 😇

Just now, Cbtours said:

Never knew you could but I’ll be asking 🥰🥰

We were tipped-off about it before our first cruise. When I asked, she grabbed a pack from the drawer and asked - another from Cruise Critic? She said to make sure we returned them, with a wink.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We were tipped-off about it before our first cruise. When I asked, she grabbed a pack from the drawer and asked - another from Cruise Critic? She said to make sure we returned them, with a wink.

Love it 🥳

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

You’re very disciplined 😇

Not really, it just happens that way. We mostly eat in the MDR where the portions aren't big and if any are too big I just leave some. I'm a plus size but trying to lose weight at my age just ends up with me feeling hungry, grumpy, and eventually I gain the weight back again and then some. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, arxcards said:

@Cbtours Another super serious one. 😉

Can you still get a free deck of playing cards from the customer service desk, and are you supposed to return them at the end of the cruise?

I doubt they would be allowed to accept them back these days.

41 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We have only done one other cruise but I probably over pack. I will take any medication we used regularly, probably 3 weeks worth of prescription medication for a week (just in case, I did say I over pack), occasional medications like antihistamines etc.

I have been to the Dr and he has given me a script for sea sickness tablets that he says are very good. I read an article someone had shared on another form and this one was listed as one of the most effective. I get sea sick standing on a jetty so I need to be prepared. Our first cruise the over the counter stuff wasn’t effective for me, I was the first person that cruise to visit the medical centre. We were told there was also 12 metre swells (remains of a cyclone in north QLD) after we left Sydney harbour and almost half the crew also felt sea sick.

Do we have any club class on 19th sailing at all?

Asking this as I never saw that popped up when I was making the booking, under mini-suite or suite.

Myself is booked in suite tho 😄

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang

22 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

We have only done one other cruise but I probably over pack. I will take any medication we used regularly, probably 3 weeks worth of prescription medication for a week (just in case, I did say I over pack), occasional medications like antihistamines etc.

I have been to the Dr and he has given me a script for sea sickness tablets that he says are very good. I read an article someone had shared on another form and this one was listed as one of the most effective. I get sea sick standing on a jetty so I need to be prepared. Our first cruise the over the counter stuff wasn’t effective for me, I was the first person that cruise to visit the medical centre. We were told there was also 12 metre swells (remains of a cyclone in north QLD) after we left Sydney harbour and almost half the crew also felt sea sick.

Sounds like our first cruise, except we got lucky with the seasick side of things - sigh of relief.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Sounds like our first cruise, except we got lucky with the seasick side of things - sigh of relief.

All sound good. I think I’ll do a call to the dr! Didn’t think antihistamine 

34 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I doubt they would be allowed to accept them back these days.

I don't think they ever expected them back even then. Curious whether they still have them at all, as we are down to our last deck.

14 hours ago, LC1950 said:

Another question (and a little "silly" one) Cbtours to add to your list please ...

Will there still be Princess pens in the cabin?

LOL I always bring my Princess pen home and they usually last me a year or 2.  My pen from my 2019 cruise is still going strong and I use it every day.  It reminds me of the good old days pre-pandemic.

I'll make sure its top of my list LC1950 lol

17 hours ago, arxcards said:

@Cbtours

A serious one, and one they might be a bit coy about.

At present, there is a crew shortage around the world of cruising. In the UK, passengers are complaining about being bumped from a cruise because they want to maintain a service standard on Cunard etc. In the US, they are blowing-up deluxe about ships failing full with a significantly reduced number of staff. In the past, Princess had trouble getting crew to apply for Aussie contracts, as the good ones made plenty of extras from cash tips in the Caribbean.

The early cruises are touting reduced numbers, so that might not be an issue to start with, but could you please Compare the service levels to past cruises, and find out if they are short staffed? Signs such as cabins being done once per day by default, waiting longer for meals & drinks etc. Thanks!

Staffing could still be an issue, but maybe not as much as what is affecting the US at present. A bit of extra context to their predicament via John Heald last night.

Their ships in the US were fully crewed, but their initial contracts are now expiring. As those crew head home, they are unable to replace many of them due to US visa delays. I presume Coral's day in the Bahamas prior to departing was to board their crew and bypass the US visa system. There should be a better chance that Coral will have a suitable compliment amid the current shortage.

• Like 1