Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't play bingo, but I saw on the last cruise I was on, they played bingo on tablets rather than with paper tickets.

They had both on the 2019 Hawaii/Tahiti cruise we did but for some strange reason it was the people using the expensive tablets, who were not in the majority, who won 75% of the time. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They had both on the 2019 Hawaii/Tahiti cruise we did but for some strange reason it was the people using the expensive tablets, who were not in the majority, who won 75% of the time. 

On the Sea Princess in February-March 2020, I am pretty sure only tablets were used. I don't play bingo, but it was immediately before trivia.🙂

22 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

On the Sea Princess in February-March 2020, I am pretty sure only tablets were used. I don't play bingo, but it was immediately before trivia.🙂

We don't normally play it either but had a couple of goes on the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.of afternoons when the weather was a bit iffy. The first time was fun as it was all new to us but after the second time we decided it was too boring. 

It would be interesting to know if there is a cost difference between the tablet and paper games? We have only played once on board. We had a small win that was enough to cover what was owing on our on board bill with about $20 left over.

Edited by sj_cavy

1 hour ago, sj_cavy said:

It would be interesting to know if there is a cost difference between the tablet and paper games? We have only played once on board. We had a small win that was enough to cover what was owing on our on board bill with about $20 left over.

Yes, quite a significant difference. I can't remember exactly how much. The paper ones depended on how many "cards" you bought - we just had the cheapest. The tablet must have had quite a few more "cards" on it as I remember it was significantly more expensive. Too expensive for us.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 2:38 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

It showed up as $29 when I was doing my Sabatinis booking. Sabatinis was $25.

has anyone noticed going into dining in the app today that prices have gone up? Sabatinis now $29 and Bayou $35

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, quite a significant difference. I can't remember exactly how much. The paper ones depended on how many "cards" you bought - we just had the cheapest. The tablet must have had quite a few more "cards" on it as I remember it was significantly more expensive. Too expensive for us.

Bingo is ok for a rainy and windy sea day. Last Princess cruises we were on in mid 2018, tablets or cards. I never have much luck.

Good morning @Cbtours - this might already be on your list, but could you please let us know if when doing suites B2B, is specialty dining complimentary on the first night of the second cruise? (On the app I’ve only been able to book the very first night for free). Thank you! 😊

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cbtours said:

has anyone noticed going into dining in the app today that prices have gone up? Sabatinis now $29 and Bayou $35

Now that someone has noticed, yes it has in my app but the prices haven’t changed on the Princess website when you open the menu. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nz1 said:

Good morning @Cbtours - this might already be on your list, but could you please let us know if when doing suites B2B, is specialty dining complimentary on the first night of the second cruise? (On the app I’ve only been able to book the very first night for free). Thank you! 😊

I’ll def be finding out because we’re in a suite too for 4!!! We were able to book first night only too.

our PvP double checked and told us it was definitely embarkation night each itinerary and that we didn’t need to book as our cabin steward would have all the paperwork in our cabin. I even mentioned to him that the official suite benefit brochure stated that it’s only for cruises 6 nights or longer. He double checked up the command chain and said we would def get it.

on a live chat line over a different question another time, I threw the question in and was told it’s only for cruises 6 days.

so I guess I’ll see and will def let you know 🥰

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sj_cavy said:

Now that someone has noticed, yes it has in my app but the prices haven’t changed on the Princess website when you open the menu. 

I’ll check on the 16th 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

I’ll def be finding out because we’re in a suite too for 4!!! We were able to book first night only too.

our PvP double checked and told us it was definitely embarkation night each itinerary and that we didn’t need to book as our cabin steward would have all the paperwork in our cabin. I even mentioned to him that the official suite benefit brochure stated that it’s only for cruises 6 nights or longer. He double checked up the command chain and said we would def get it.

on a live chat line over a different question another time, I threw the question in and was told it’s only for cruises 6 days.

so I guess I’ll see and will def let you know 🥰

Thank you very much! Will look forward to your updates! Fingers crossed 😊🤞

• Like 1