Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

4 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Don't judge me, but could you please check if food, ie cookies, fruit, bread roll, can be taken off the ship at ports of call since it is a domestic cruise? Brekkie and dinner are more than enough food for us but we have a late flight home on disembarkation day and I wondered if some snacks could taken off for our long wait at the airport. Many, many thanks 😊 

I'm fairly certain that will be a resounding NO, especially for fruit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Don't judge me, but could you please check if food, ie cookies, fruit, bread roll, can be taken off the ship at ports of call since it is a domestic cruise? Brekkie and dinner are more than enough food for us but we have a late flight home on disembarkation day and I wondered if some snacks could taken off for our long wait at the airport. Many, many thanks 😊 

If you are able to get sealed packs of biscuits or chocolates, they are acceptable at disembarkation. For anything else, especially fruit, watch out for the beagle.

I have some interesting friends. One was picked out by the quarantine dog at each port, and after emptying her pockets and handbag, she was allowed to continue to the port. Quite a few were in on the joke, and were waiting for the daily show. After a few days, she caught her partner polishing his daily apple on her pants. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

No. No food can be taken ashore in Australian ports. Quarantine officials will  hang, draw and quarter you. 😁 It is irrelevant that it is a domestic cruise. I have been on many domestic cruises and it is always stressed that no food can be taken ashore.

Thank you all for your responses, it's helpful just to know. Cheers.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

If you are able to get sealed packs of biscuits or chocolates, they are acceptable at disembarkation. For anything else, especially fruit, watch out for the beagle.

I have some interesting friends. One was picked out by the quarantine dog at each port, and after emptying her pockets and handbag, she was allowed to continue to the port. Quite a few were in on the joke, and were waiting for the daily show. After a few days, she caught her partner polishing his daily apple on her pants. 

hhmmmmm i can try and check but maybe the only way to verify it is to actually try and take something"sealed" off, and I dont want to get in trouble lol

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

hhmmmmm i can try and check but maybe the only way to verify it is to actually try and take something"sealed" off, and I dont want to get in trouble lol

No, don't risk getting into trouble. I'm sure we will be able to sneak a couple of the yummy cookies off, as you say we can "test" the waters at port stops and take note of any announcements. Thanks 🙂 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jean C said:

No, don't risk getting into trouble. I'm sure we will be able to sneak a couple of the yummy cookies off, as you say we can "test" the waters at port stops and take note of any announcements. Thanks 🙂 

You should be OK with anything sealed, as in sealed from the factory. They used to have crackers in little packets. Another option would be to bring from home some muesli bars sealed in individual packets. But is it worth the bother?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

You should be OK with anything sealed, as in sealed from the factory. They used to have crackers in little packets. Another option would be to bring from home some muesli bars sealed in individual packets. But is it worth the bother?

No I wouldn't be worrying personally esp as we are QFF gold , so go into the lounges at the airports. However if anyone is going on same flight we can take two visitors with us lol

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

Don't count on being able to take those cookies off. It they aren't in a factory sealed pack they could get you in trouble.

BTW if you have a really long wait at the airport why not head into the city for a few hours? Either check your bags in early if possible or the airport might have a left luggage area, then get the train in.

Hi guys, another query for you 🤔 I know that Princess now advertise themselves as "cashless" but - we are NZ'ers and both have a lot of AUD left over from our South America cruse many moons ago and would prefer to use some of this on the Princess Airlie Beach Whitehaven Beach shore tour (booking on board). Even though they're "cashless", can you still pay cash on your Princess folio account? Probably a silly question but worth asking just in case 💰 Many thanks 😊 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hi guys, another query for you 🤔 I know that Princess now advertise themselves as "cashless" but - we are NZ'ers and both have a lot of AUD left over from our South America cruse many moons ago and would prefer to use some of this on the Princess Airlie Beach Whitehaven Beach shore tour (booking on board). Even though they're "cashless", can you still pay cash on your Princess folio account? Probably a silly question but worth asking just in case 💰 Many thanks 😊 

Someone else might know and answer however I’ve put it on my question list in case, and I’ll let you know after 16th 🥰

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jean C said:

I'm pretty sure you can still do that.

Cashless just refers to onboard purchases ie anything you buy onboard goes on to your account, cash is not accepted in the bars, shops etc.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Yes, you can use cash to pay your on-board account. We have done that in the past. Just go to the reception desk and tell them you want to pay the money into your account. It will be used for whatever charges you have - shore tours, drinks etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes, you can use cash to pay your on-board account. We have done that in the past. Just go to the reception desk and tell them you want to pay the money into your account. It will be used for whatever charges you have - shore tours, drinks etc.

There you go Jean C. However I can also confirm this is still the case after covid once I get on 🥳

• Like 1

On a cruise to Tahiti and Hawaii several years ago, we paid quite a reasonable amount of money into our on-board account. When we were in Papeete, I wanted to buy some pearls, but the shop wouldn't accept a credit card - it had to be cash. We went back to the ship and got all our remaining cash from our safe, but it wasn't quite enough. I then went to the reception desk and withdrew the amount still in credit in our account. I got my pearls. 😁

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

There you go Jean C. However I can also confirm this is still the case after covid once I get on 🥳

I posted a reply but it hasn't appeared. Thanks so much, greatly appreciated 😋

• Like 2

Hi everyone, on the book of faces just now they were talking about verifying the RAT test by an upload ………… of what I’m not sure? How do you understand this one 🤔

06026AB3-84DA-4A83-B8CF-87AB4263DF0E.jpeg

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Hi everyone, on the book of faces just now they were talking about verifying the RAT test by an upload ………… of what I’m not sure? How do you understand this one 🤔

This was in the 17 may update. PvP has verified that it’s arresting only for rat test up to 24 hrs ahead of embarking. Proof is for vac only.

11 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Hi, there is a very good Webinar detailing protocols for cruising from Australia that you can find in the Australia & NZ section under Forums and the thread headed "I WAS going to book a Princess cruise". This put my mind to rest. Also on the main Princess website under health protocols and cruises from Australia it says that we just need to attest to a negative test.  

When I first went into the Medallion app 2 or 3 weeks ago there was a check box to attest. With their fiddling with site and updates that's been replaced with "upload proof" - I wonder how people are going to deal with that, ignore it or to upload something maybe a photo of the negative test result?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cbtours said:

This was in the 17 may update. PvP has verified that it’s arresting only for rat test up to 24 hrs ahead of embarking. Proof is for vac only.

Arresting?! 😱🤣
Attesting, surely! Gotta love autocorrect! 🙄

• Haha 2