Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

11 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not really, it just happens that way. We mostly eat in the MDR where the portions aren't big and if any are too big I just leave some. I'm a plus size but trying to lose weight at my age just ends up with me feeling hungry, grumpy, and eventually I gain the weight back again and then some. 

We definitely prefer mdr too. Then off to a show, and must admit we often meander up to the buffet to check if there are any tempting snacks to round off the night.

however there might be a difference with the current cautions.

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

@Cbtours Another super serious one. 😉

Can you still get a free deck of playing cards from the customer service desk, and are you supposed to return them at the end of the cruise?

I thought Princess discontinued the playing cards several years ago. I can remember asking on one cruise and they suggested I check to see if there was a deck in the library.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sj_cavy said:

Not enough time between now and our cruise to get to my happy healthy weight. Will just do the best I can between now and then. I want to do at least one Afternoon Tea. I will be in the MDR for that.

Agreed re the weight issue. 🙂 I find the idea of afternoon tea on our balcony rather tempting.

• Like 1

Hello, and my apologies if I have missed the question already asked and answered! I cannot seem to find if it has been confirmed whether the Coral Princess will be sailing to full capacity immediately or  the company is still holding back on numbers for a while. Thank you. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sj_cavy said:

We have only done one other cruise but I probably over pack. I will take any medication we used regularly, probably 3 weeks worth of prescription medication for a week (just in case, I did say I over pack), occasional medications like antihistamines etc.

I have been to the Dr and he has given me a script for sea sickness tablets that he says are very good. I read an article someone had shared on another form and this one was listed as one of the most effective. I get sea sick standing on a jetty so I need to be prepared. Our first cruise the over the counter stuff wasn’t effective for me, I was the first person that cruise to visit the medical centre. We were told there was also 12 metre swells (remains of a cyclone in north QLD) after we left Sydney harbour and almost half the crew also felt sea sick.

Some doctors prescribe Stemetil for seasickness. My doctor did for our first cruise and I found that it didn't ease the feelings of seasickness in the slightest bit. Stemetil is an anti-emetic - it stops a person from throwing up. When I became seasick I felt terrible. I was sure that if I could throw up I would feel a bit better for a while but the Stemetil stopped me. Since then I used Avomine (fantastic but no longer available). The nearest product available is phenergan (taken at night because it can make a person drowsy).

A ship-board doctor I spoke to was totally against Kwells. I won't go into his reasons because I only have his word for it. Therefore it would be second hand info.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pagan said:

Hello, and my apologies if I have missed the question already asked and answered! I cannot seem to find if it has been confirmed whether the Coral Princess will be sailing to full capacity immediately or  the company is still holding back on numbers for a while. Thank you. 

Someone quoted first two sailings are at 50% but I haven’t seen anything officially from princess

1 minute ago, Pagan said:

Coral Princess will have 50% capacity for the first three cruises. They are very short cruises. Then they revert to nearly 100%. However, several cabins will remain empty in case they are needed to quarantine guests with COVID.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Some doctors prescribe Stemetil for seasickness. My doctor did for our first cruise and I found that it didn't ease the feelings of seasickness in the slightest bit. Stemetil is an anti-emetic - it stops a person from throwing up. When I became seasick I felt terrible. I was sure that if I could throw up I would feel a bit better for a while but the Stemetil stopped me. Since then I used Avomine (fantastic but no longer available). The nearest product available is phenergan (taken at night because it can make a person drowsy).

A ship-board doctor I spoke to was totally against Kwells. I won't go into his reasons because I only have his word for it. Therefore it would be second hand info.

Thanks for the info.  I’ll definitely speak to my dr for recommendations. I’ve never been seasick since the morning after we boarded 2011!

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Whereas Stemetil works brilliantly for both of us. I find the seasickness disappears within 30 minutes of taking a tablet and I like how I can just take it when needed, like during/after a bouncy tender ride, rather than having to take it in advance.

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Whereas Stemetil works brilliantly for both of us. I find the seasickness disappears within 30 minutes of taking a tablet and I like how I can just take it when needed, like during/after a bouncy tender ride, rather than having to take it in advance.

That's great. Stemetil was a disaster for me. I could take Avomine or Phenergan at the first sign of symptoms. I didn't have to take it in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Someone quoted first two sailings are at 50% but I haven’t seen anything officially from princess

Thank you, I will keep my eye out, I was going to do an on line chat query with Princess but have to wait until tonight out time. 

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Coral Princess will have 50% capacity for the first three cruises. They are very short cruises. Then they revert to nearly 100%. However, several cabins will remain empty in case they are needed to quarantine guests with COVID.

That’s great thank you, we are looking from July onwards so it looks like capacity will be up by then. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pagan said:

That’s great thank you, we are looking from July onwards so it looks like capacity will be up by then. 

Definitely. Our first cruise is 26th June. It, and the one on the 19th will be at close to full capacity, just allowing for quarantine cabins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That's great. Stemetil was a disaster for me. I could take Avomine or Phenergan at the first sign of symptoms. I didn't have to take it in advance.

Im interested in the phenergen one? So that actually helps seasickness? Ive only known it as pain relief???

Just now, Cbtours said:

Im interested in the phenergen one? So that actually helps seasickness? Ive only known it as pain relief???

Phenergan is an anti-histimine, as is Avomine. They also work on receptors in the brain that sense the movement, the cause of motion sickness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Phenergan is an anti-histimine, as is Avomine. They also work on receptors in the brain that sense the movement, the cause of motion sickness.

Ill be putting a bottle on my list then lol

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I start on Phernergan low dose for a couple of days in advance the ramp it up and take each night as a preventative as zinc get motion sick just driving round a roundabout if I’m not doing the driving.

Cheers  Carole

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It dulls things down. Our daughter was prescribed phenergan for vertigo, and it works wonderfully for that too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

DW will take 10mg of Phenergan on the first night of a cruise. It not only settles her tummy but also guarantees a good nights sleep. 

I always have Claratyne on hand for my hives. I wonder if it’s helpful for motion sickness. 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparky74 said:

DW will take 10mg of Phenergan on the first night of a cruise. It not only settles her tummy but also guarantees a good nights sleep. 

I always have Claratyne on hand for my hives. I wonder if it’s helpful for motion sickness. 🤔

Sounds interesting!!!! I think I'll be adding to my list to check out with the doc.

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

Dr Google says the non-sedating antihistimines such as Claratyne are NOT effective in preventing/treating motion sickness. Only some antihistimines work because of their effect on the part of the brain that detects motion.

• Thanks 1

I guess the new burning question for @Cbtours is this:
Have Princess changed their protocol from Attesting to a Negative Self Administered RAT to a Supervised RAT. Or do we just to upload a photo of our Negative RAT? And is it 24 or 48 hours now?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

I guess the new burning question for @Cbtours is this:
Have Princess changed their protocol from Attesting to a Negative Self Administered RAT to a Supervised RAT. Or do we just to upload a photo of our Negative RAT? And is it 24 or 48 hours now?

Lets hope we get that one answered before 14th June which is 48 hours before we sail.

• Like 2