Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

Love your reports and blessings that you are ok but Ive been there done that and will not take a cruise for now because of the craziness between people wearing and not wearing masks, rules and rules, elevator nonesense, port rules etc. No disrespect but I can afford to wait it out even if forever but on a lighter note i love your food pictures. I wish you and my fellow cc all smooth sailing and good health!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Well, one positive thing about testing positive, you can go on a ship for the next 90 days and NOT have to submit a negative test. Just a copy of your positive results.

That would be nice since I’m less than 90 days out from Magic but it would require some work. I don’t have a positive test Carnival would accept. I just took a home test. What’s a document of recovery? A letter from a doctor? I haven’t seen a doctor. I do have a video appointment with my doctor this week. I guess I could ask her about it then.  I don’t know if I want to put a positive test on my official record though. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That would be nice since I’m less than 90 days out from Magic but it would require some work. I don’t have a positive test Carnival would accept. I just took a home test. What’s a document of recovery? A letter from a doctor? I haven’t seen a doctor. I do have a video appointment with my doctor this week. I guess I could ask her about it then.  I don’t know if I want to put a positive test on my official record though. 

Yea, I’d just keep quiet about that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Not sure why you wouldn't want a positive test on your record?? 

You could do a proctored test using your own home tests with companies like Azova . $20

My cousin just used them to get an official negative test to fly home.

• Like 1

Tested positive 12-29…cruised on 2-20…had letter from doc stating  I had Covid within 3 months of cruising in case a pcr test showed positive….but didn’t need touse it as the antigen test I took was negative.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Telemed with a doctor could work. A document of recovery is  document from a doctor saying it is okay for you to travel, go on a cruise, whatever. She should have experience with that. A home test, if proctored and documented should also be okay, but not an unmonitored test.

It could subject you to delay and questions at embarkation.

Since you are vaccinated, I would take a self-antigen test a few weeks before the next cruise to verify negative, and then again within the cruise testing window. The PCR tests could show a false positive. If the antigen test says you are positive, you almost certainly are. Since this may start a spirited discussion, ask your doctor during your appointment.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Telemed with a doctor could work. A document of recovery is  document from a doctor saying it is okay for you to travel, go on a cruise, whatever. She should have experience with that. A home test, if proctored and documented should also be okay, but not an unmonitored test.

Yeah that’s the point I didn’t do a monitored test. My work didn’t require it. What I have is not good. I would have to test again and test positive.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah that’s the point I didn’t do a monitored test. My work didn’t require it. What I have is not good. I would have to test again and test positive.

I think you will test negative, antigen in August. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think I could still test positive. Spicy ketchup still smells and tastes bad. Something is wrong.

Dr Google says smell/taste should return within 6 weeks, but could last for months. It depends on what Covid damaged. Another good question for the doc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think I could still test positive. Spicy ketchup still smells and tastes bad. Something is wrong.

When my wife and I had Covid over a year ago, I thought I was going to die. 102 fever, continuous cough, aching everywhere. I think I had 2 cans of soup in 4 days. My wife did not have any of the symptoms except loss of taste and smell. She felt worse after her second Covid vac shot than any other time.. She still has days with no taste.

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I'd get an official test so you can get the letter, if necessary. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

From what I've read, there really isn't a specific document of recovery. You need a valid test from a testing facility (one that you can get an email from like you do for cruising) that shows a positive result. Then you just need to be 10 days past that test date. 

From their protocols: 

Document of Recovery

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within 3 months of their sailing date do not need the required pre-cruise test if they are at least 10 days past their positive test result date, have no symptoms and produce document of recovery from COVID-19. A Document of Recovery is accepted from both fully vaccinated and unvaccinated guests (with a Carnival-approved exemption) and consists of a paper or electronic copy of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days prior to the sailing date).

You should be able to use your iHealth test kits (if you still have any) because there's some group that will do the electronic monitoring & provide the test results electronically for about $20. I'll hunt up the link I hopefully saved.

ETA: Link:

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

ETA: Well, it looks like that isn't available right now, showing Sold Out. 

Maybe CVS/Walgreens to the rescue? Or your doctor? Just tell them you are still having symptoms. 

Edited by Wanna_Cruize
link

On 5/30/2022 at 2:43 PM, sanmarcosman said:

This has the potential of being a security risk. There's a reason when you check in bags at airports they ask if your bags have been under your immediate control since you packed them. 

Port Valet is/was a TSA approved luggage handler.  They also do not ask under you are in front of Customs for "additional screening".

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Grandson and his wife tested positive in Feb. Both say food still doesn't taste right/good and have both lost weight. Hope you don't have long term effects.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

The day after we got back from the 5/2 Splendor sailing, I had a sore throat and tested positive the next day. I only had mild cold symptoms for a couple of days.  It took almost 3 weeks to test negative on an antigen test for me. Hubby never got it. Glad you're feeling better and enjoyed the great review. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, xkritter said:

I was on the May 14 Mardi Gras sailing and our social media site poll is trending at about 30 percent positive as well.

12 hours ago, xkritter said:

I meant May 21...need more coffee.

4 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I was on that sailing and had no issues

On a social media site doing a poll a couple days after the May 14 cruise ended: out of about 170 votes 52 people said they were positive.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

This whole convo made me nervous. I just tested negative. 😆

I could’ve saved you some time. Just smell your ranch dressing. If smells funky…and it isn’t expired…smell your ketchup and jalapeños. If your ketchup and jalapeños smell the same as your ranch, COVID positive. If they don’t, COVID negative…but throw throw that funky ranch away!

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 9

57 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

On a social media site doing a poll a couple days after the May 14 cruise ended: out of about 170 votes 52 people said they were positive.

I don't belong to that group but if I did, I would polled no illnesses here

• Like 1