Change to Bermuda Travel Authorization

BND

43 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Going next week. Did you do any excursions?  I Was just going to take ferry to Hamilton 

We took a Private Tour with Heidi Cowan and her dog Buddy of Bermuda Byways (Bermudabyways.com).   There were 11 of us in a very comfortable mini-bus.

I had no idea how much history Bermuda had.  There are 144 bridges (who knew) and the most beautiful beaches we’ve ever seen.  It was an all day tour around the Island and so worth it!  We had delicious, freshly baked scones for our breakfast snack and one of the best (and unique) fish sandwiches we’ve ever tasted for lunch!  Everything was included!  We highly recommend Heidi!

Edited by pstone1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Make sure  you get a  Bermuda Rum Swizzle while you are in Bermuda

https://www.swizzleinn.com/

The Swizzle Inn's Rum Swizzle Recipe, which is famous for this drink, but I think just about any bar there sells one.

4 ounces Goslings Black Seal Rum.
4 ounces Goslings Gold Seal Rum.
3 ounces Triple sec.
5 ounces pineapple juice.
5 0unces orange juice.
Juice of 2 lemons.
2 ounces Bermuda falernum or sugar syrup.
6 dashes of Angostura Bitters.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The Swizzle Inn's Rum Swizzle Recipe, which is famous for this drink, but I think just about any bar there sells one.

3 ounces Triple sec.
5 0unces orange juice.
Juice of 2 lemons.

Heidi also stopped at the Swizzle Inn so we could all get Rum Swizzles!  The Swizzles were not included, but we were grateful for the added stop!  Thanks for the recipe!  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

3 ounces Triple sec.
5 0unces orange juice.
Juice of 2 lemons.

I think swizzle Inn is the place you can write your name on the wall.  If it's the place, many years ago my Father wrote a message to our family and I always love to go see it since he passed away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pstone1 said:

It was actually worth all the hassle!  Bermuda was wonderful and we are so glad we went!

Hope you and Bucky have a great time on Harmony!  😀

I agree it was a beautiful stop, one that we’ll do again. Didn’t find it a hassle or frustrating, just took a little time out of our day. 

17 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!   So happy you had a good time in Bermuda.  I also want to go there, have never been.  Hopefully next year sometime...I think may be going there on Jewel or Serenade...but not sure.  Will have to look.  🙂 

Bermuda truly is a beautiful place to visit. It was the first cruise we ever did.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BND said:

You mean, that's what you thought.  There are changes and they are for the better.  $40 is not a big deal.  The last minute hassle of uploading your test results were.  Also, I'm assuming the requirement of applying at least two weeks ahead of time came out of so many people having to call and ask for their authorization to be sent.     

It was a big factor as to why I cancelled my Carnival Magic NYC 4 nighter to Bermuda.  All that inconvenience for 7.5 hours in port made it not worth it to us.   (Sailed to Bermuda 5 times already too)

23 hours ago, BND said:

Geez guys I am just the messenger.  Take it up with Bermuda.

Thanks for the heads up.
You have to know that there are some here who will ALWAYS find it necessary to say something contrary. If you say it gets dark at night, they’ll surely bring up night conditions near the north pole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/21/2022 at 11:45 AM, BND said:

You mean, that's what you thought.  There are changes and they are for the better.  $40 is not a big deal.  The last minute hassle of uploading your test results were.  Also, I'm assuming the requirement of applying at least two weeks ahead of time came out of so many people having to call and ask for their authorization to be sent.     

Uploading test results is not a big deal.  It can be done anywhere from a phone in 3 minutes

1 hour ago, rjrpar said:

Uploading test results is not a big deal.  It can be done anywhere from a phone in 3 minutes

The problem was getting the final approval from Bermuda.  Many, many people ran into issues including not getting them before they got to the terminal and it was because the test results couldn't be added until the last day or two.  But, let's nitpick the fact they made changes and I posted it.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rjrpar said:

It wasn't the uploading time it was the fact that after that Bermuda had to authorize thousands of them within a 2 day period.  For something that was already provided to the cruise line in order to board

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We can say, "This Saturday!"

M

Now I can head straight to the beach after getting tested Thursday instead of going back home and uploading my test results.  YIPPEE!!  See you next weekend

On 5/21/2022 at 12:02 PM, BND said:

Geez guys I am just the messenger.  Take it up with Bermuda.

Probably your statement about 40 bucks being no big deal...turned a few people off. Quite a few people are paying for the required pre-cruise covid tests, tips are higher, transportation to the ship itself is dramatically higher...it all adds up...thanks for your update but the added opinion...not so much.... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Probably your statement about 40 bucks being no big deal...turned a few people off. Quite a few people are paying for the required pre-cruise covid tests, tips are higher, transportation to the ship itself is dramatically higher...it all adds up...thanks for your update but the added opinion...not so much.... 

We've done 4 cruises since the restart and gladly paid for all. If people don't like the costs, then they maybe need to rethink cruising.  No one is making them go.  I originally posted for information and then only responded to those whining about the cost, which I have nothing to do with.  "Turned them off".. LOL. They can either read the change and understand it or not.  Their choice.  If feelings are hurt because I don't find $40 to be a lot, then I can't do anything about it.

My opinion after someone else posted theirs.  Okay then, you do realize you just did the same, right?

Edited by BND
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2022 at 11:21 AM, BND said:

As of May 21, 2022, you no longer have to upload your test results for a cruise to Bermuda.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Thanks for the heads up!

Since we are going on Mariner to Bermuda on the 28th with stops in the Bahamas before Bermuda we are only in the Pending pool with the Bermuda Authorities. 

I have emailed them requesting clarification since we sail in less than a week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BND said:

We've done 4 cruises since the restart and gladly paid for all. If people don't like the costs, then they maybe need to rethink cruising.  No one is making them go.  I originally posted for information and then only responded to those whining about the cost, which I have nothing to do with.  "Turned them off".. LOL. They can either read the change and understand it or not.  Their choice.  If feelings are hurt because I don't find $40 to be a lot, then I can't do anything about it.

My opinion after someone else posted theirs.  Okay then, you do realize you just did the same, right?

Good for you that you have been on 4 recent cruises... obviously not a record by any stretch of the imagination... however, some people save their whole lives to go on one cruise...costs add up and I am confident most don't appreciate cheerleading for other countries to create tax through various means like as Bermuda has. Anyway good for you...how awesome is it that you have the ability to scoff at rising prices and throw shade on those who as you say should probably "rethink" their idea of going on a single cruise...(eye roll)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We can say, "This Saturday!"

M

On 5/21/2022 at 11:25 AM, molly361 said:

Thanks. I sail to Bermuda next Saturday

We sail on Saturday also. We did our applications and paid the $40pp on May 2. With these changes, I'm hoping our approvals will come early this week since we no longer have to upload results two days before. We had planned to upload our pre-cruise results Thursday knowing they would not be the actual results to disembark in Bermuda since they'll do onboard testing on Day 4. Kind of frustrating to see there have been reports of people not receiving their approvals. Hoping that this week they'll just do mass approvals and send them since they won't be waiting for uploaded test results.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

It wasn't the uploading time it was the fact that after that Bermuda had to authorize thousands of them within a 2 day period.  For something that was already provided to the cruise line in order to board

Which just goes to show that this is basically a Bermuda money grab.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rolloman said:

Good for you that you have been on 4 recent cruises... obviously not a record by any stretch of the imagination... however, some people save their whole lives to go on one cruise...costs add up and I am confident most don't appreciate cheerleading for other countries to create tax through various means like as Bermuda has. Anyway good for you...how awesome is it that you have the ability to scoff at rising prices and throw shade on those who as you say should probably "rethink" their idea of going on a single cruise...(eye roll)

Get over yourself.  You are just trying to start something.

This thread is about the changes in the Bermuda Travel Authorization.  Let's just understand that, okay?

Edited by BND
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which just goes to show that this is basically a Bermuda money grab.

How is it different than visas for other countries?

Edited by BND