Final post (from Don’s wife)

dkjretired

We are so sorry to hear of your loss.  His posts were always so helpful and informative, and we appreciate you taking the time to share with the CC community (many of us would have noticed his absence and wondered what happened).

Edited by pawmtweez

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and my condolences to you and your family.

Your husband was a true gentleman on these boards, treating everyone with respect and posting with humour, knowledge and a real desire to make everyone's cruising experience a good one.

• Like 2

My thanks to you for posting of your dear husband's passing.  There are times when many of us wonder what happened to certain posters, and never have answers.  He and I joined these forums way back when....  several decades ago.  He was always generous with his knowledge and will be missed.  My sincere condolences on your loss.

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your loss.  I will light a candle and say a prayer for you, your family and friends. May God give you all the strength to carry on. I have one suggestion for you. I know it's hard, but talk to him like you did when he was with you.  After my mom passed away I talked to her every day. Sometimes all day.  It helped me out tremendously.  My mom as been gone since 2017 and I still talk to her, but I don't talk to her all day like I did when it first happened. I hope it helps.  God bless and keep you safe and well.

Sheila  

OMG, I just saw this post.  I met Don, his lovely wife, and his son on a Summit cruise to Bermuda several years back, and later sailed with Don and his son on another Summit sailing to Bermuda.  We are currently on Summit sailing to Bermuda.  We have fond memories of meeting Don and his wonderful family.  My deepest condolences.

On 5/22/2022 at 3:37 PM, dkjretired said:

My husband Don (dkjretired) was very active on this forum for many years. I wanted to let everyone know that he passed away on Tuesday, May 17. His obituary is below:

https://obits.nj.com/us/obituaries/starledger/name/donald-johnson-obituary?pid=202029975

Jeanne Johnson

Jeanne,

I am so sorry to see this news.   

Thank you for reaching out to us b/c this forum is not just about cruising but a forum for support and friendships.   I don't know you but I send you many blessings!

Just saw this.  Sorry about your loss.  I had not been on cruise critic for a long time and when I went on, I saw a post from your husband.  I said to him, wow, one of the originals.

So sorry, my he Rest In Peace.