The Daily for Tuesday 05/24/2022

richwmn

24 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Please wish your DH a very Happy Birthday with many returns of the day.

On another matter, it's absolutely heartbreaking hearing the news of the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas.  May those little souls and the soul of their teacher rest in eternal peace.

@TiogaCruiserhappy birthday wishes to your DH!

Gerry, I know, I am devastated to hear of that sick person killing so many innocent people, mostly small children.  Your sentiments are exactly right and said so well.  Thank you for that.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I just turned on the TV and was shocked by the news. Those poor babies and the teacher. My heart breaks. Obviously something needs to change, as this is happening all too frequently.

Thanks for the good thoughts for my friend. I texted her and she's at the hospital; her surgery is tomorrow.

@HAL Sailer That's a very cute picture.

@TiogaCruiser Happy Birthday to your DH!

@NextOne Welcome home. That's a lot of people who tested positive. I wonder if the tour helped with them finding places to stay or if they were on their own?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Please excuse my silly Tiara Day post suggesting hilarity. I had not had the news on and did not realize children had been murdered in a school today. I would never have made such an insensitive post nor invited giggles had I known -- especially as a former First Grade and Third Grade teacher.

Prayers for all effected,

-Melisa

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HAL Sailer said:

Please excuse my silly Tiara Day post suggesting hilarity. I had not had the news on and did not realize children had been murdered in a school today. I would never have made such an insensitive post nor invited giggles had I known -- especially as a former First Grade and Third Grade teacher.

Prayers for all effected,

-Melisa

No apologies needed; not everyone has the radio/tv on to hear the news as it happens.     As an elementary school teacher, you will certainly feel the impact more than most.

• Like 16

I too feel my silly memes are now inappropriate but I didn’t know about the shooting either.  It is such a tragedy that affects me deeply.  I have been in a school with an active shooter and was locked in a classroom with students while the SWAT team searched for the student.  We need more than thoughts and prayers.  

Edited by 0106
  • Like 24

Such tragic news from Texas.  Prayers for the little ones and the teacher.  May they rest in peace.  Prayers for the families and friends at this most difficult time.   I hear there are many others in hospital.  I hope they recover (at least physically).

• Like 13

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Okay, DH called and waited on hold for the pharmacy, and finally the woman answers.  He asks her if she knows what happened to his results since I already had mine.  She said "Oh I just got busy.  You'll get the results soon!"  

Can you believe it?  Busy doing the front register and delaying sending out Covid test results.  Obviously just a technician and not the pharmacist.  

I always tell them I am testing for a cruise and to please make sure to email with all the required details and I wink as I say ASAP please.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, puppycanducruise said:

Such tragic news from Texas.  Prayers for the little ones and the teacher.  May they rest in peace.  Prayers for the families and friends at this most difficult time.   I hear there are many others in hospital.  I hope they recover (at least physically).

to think children are not safe in s school these days.  so very sad.

I want to hide in my home forever, but I have to go out for chores and errands and oh yes for cruise ships.

• Like 12

Busy day for me today. Deep Cleaned the Liter Robot, filled one container with liter and the other with dry cat food. Checked and made sure there is enough wet cat food for the time I will be away, Did 1 load of laundry, swept out the utility room and kitchen.

Then I turned on the news and heard about the horrific shooting in Texas. Killing innocent children, our world has become so evil. Praying for their souls along with the Ukraine and our suffering dailyites.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Afternoon All,

We have a lovely day here.  Love escargot. Made some faux escargot a few weeks ago with mushrooms and they were good ( and tasted like the real thing.)  But not good enough for DH to say he’d try the real thing.

It happens to be DH’s BD, so I’m preparing a few favorites for him. He decided on tacos from a stand near where I used to work, so will get take out from there.
There just happened to be enough supplies in house to mix up margaritas, so they are freezing now.

Decided that a passion fruit cake would finish off things nicely, so I made fresh passion fruit curd and frosting. A few weeks ago I had made extra Meyer lemon cake and froze it. I decided to use one of those, the one that had not been frosted. Well, surprise! It was stuck together with the last of the lemon curd. 
So that meant I have extra “stuff”. I tried soaking in the passion fruit syrup from the bottom. The lemon frosting on top became a crumb coat, the new passion fruit frosting is now covering the sides, and next the passion fruit curd will go on top. It’s sort of a sticky, sorry looking mess. Hope it isn’t too sweet or “ overdone”.

Our Little Guest has one chick, who hatched the end of last week. We’re assuming the other egg is non-viable. 

Have a great day everyone!

Last Friday 

31438C12-95FC-4B81-8351-448EBA9C4629.thumb.jpeg.3380fd617ed3cd8ee93c3edd54a966fe.jpeg

Sunday

4BAA67D5-80AA-4D14-B667-C4543A8C7F73.thumb.jpeg.daf3d20d459fcacc7387fd621c5f91da.jpeg

Today

ED22E584-0A65-424C-AD13-FF4FD421D99C.thumb.jpeg.3738b01808106ee2a2db4a2c52b893e3.jpeg

Happy birthday to-your DH!  Lucky guy,  Would love to know how to make the passion fruit cake?  

46 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I too feel my silly memes are now inappropriate but I didn’t know about the shooting either.  It is such a tragedy that affects me deeply.  I have been in a school with an active shooter and was locked in a classroom with students while the SWAT team searched for the student.  We need more than thoughts and prayers.  

I too so agree,   After Dunblane precautions were put in place in Scotland.   After 9/11 things changed for flying.  I have been in schools after a crisis when students have died from tragic accidents.  That was heartbreaking enough.    But this is just so senseless.  Is not the doing the same thing over and over again with the same outcome not the definition of insanity?  

• Like 16

57 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Happy birthday to-your DH!  Lucky guy,  Would love to know how to make the passion fruit cake?  

I too so agree,   After Dunblane precautions were put in place in Scotland.   After 9/11 things changed for flying.  I have been in schools after a crisis when students have died from tragic accidents.  That was heartbreaking enough.    But this is just so senseless.  Is not the doing the same thing over and over again with the same outcome not the definition of insanity?  

They will talk a lot about gun control, and that's a good discussion, but nobody ever seems to want to talk about our lack of mental health care.  Even if family knows a person is a danger to others, nothing will be done until an actual crime is committed.  A few years ago a friend of ours and his wife were killed by their son.  They had tried to get him help.  Things like this don't need to happen.  They rarely come out of nowhere.  What a sad day.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Good evening,

It was a busy day. Jim’s surgery went well and it appears that the Doc got all of the cancerous lesion.  I am the nurse who will change the dressing.

Also had the house power washed today. Our community requires that we have this done every spring to get rid of the pollen that accumulates.  It has to be done by May 31 or we get fined.  Well, it got done along with the patio and furniture, driveway, etc. and we are $400 poorer.

When I finally got to sit down and turn on the TV, I saw the horrific news of the shooting in Texas.  When is this going to stop?

Did the best I could with dinner today.  I didn’t eat all of it, but most of it.  I am very tired.  Still trying to cope.

As for the days.  i never had a tiara, Had escargots on a cruise.  Take it or leave it.  And a half-brother who hasn’t been in touch for quite a while.  Oh well.

Finally a port i have been to.  I like Grenada.  Especially Grand Anse beach.  Nice calm water.

Hope to get there on our Christmas cruise.  If we actually get there.

Thank you all for your prayers for Jim’s surgery and for my continuing health problems.  i am doing the best i can.  Taking each day as it comes.  Some better than others.

Prayers for everyone. Especially those parents who have lost children today in Uvalde, Texas.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening,

It was a busy day. Jim’s surgery went well and it appears that the Doc got all of the cancerous lesion.  I am the nurse who will change the dressing.

Also had the house power washed today. Our community requires that we have this done every spring to get rid of the pollen that accumulates.  It has to be done by May 31 or we get fined.  Well, it got done along with the patio and furniture, driveway, etc. and we are $400 poorer.

When I finally got to sit down and turn on the TV, I saw the horrific news of the shooting in Texas.  When is this going to stop?

Did the best I could with dinner today.  I didn’t eat all of it, but most of it.  I am very tired.  Still trying to cope.

As for the days.  i never had a tiara, Had escargots on a cruise.  Take it or leave it.  And a half-brother who hasn’t been in touch for quite a while.  Oh well.

Finally a port i have been to.  I like Grenada.  Especially Grand Anse beach.  Nice calm water.

Thank you all for your prayers for Jim’s surgery and for my continuing health problems.  i am doing the best i can.  Taking each day as it comes.  Some better than others.

Prayers for everyone. Especially those parents who have lost children today in Uvalde, Texas.

God Bless,

Terri

+1

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening,

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad the surgery went well and the surgeon gpt all the lesion.  It sounds like you are eating better.  Take it easy.

Lenda

• Like 9

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

They will talk a lot about gun control, and that's a good discussion, but nobody ever seems to want to talk about our lack of mental health care.  Even if family knows a person is a danger to others, nothing will be done until an actual crime is committed.  A few years ago a friend of ours and his wife were killed by their son.  They had tried to get him help.  Things like this don't need to happen.  They rarely come out of nowhere.  What a sad day.

I am so very sorry the hear this.  Mental health is so important and mental illness  needs timely treatment.   I most definitely agree that there is not enough mental health care.    I hope that improved  gun control and mental health care together can improve this tragic situation. 

• Like 11

Just now catching up. Heard the horrific news a few hours ago on the way to pick up dinner. So so sad.

@bennybear I’ll pull the recipes together and post them tomorrow or by the end of the week. The cake was a hit, and there’s enough frosting and curd to make another when Dad comes.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Five excruciating minutes later the results arrived.  NEGATIVE like mine.  So finally I can relax a little bit.  My poor stomach with all this stress!

8294EC80-542A-4391-9623-16817E6A5FE4.gif.3574745ac7af0bdeef87676d2edb7e81.gif

12 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

It happens to be DH’s BD, so I’m preparing a few favorites for him. He decided on tacos from a stand near where I used to work, so will get take out from there.

A very happy birthday to your DH 🙂 

4CBA553B-9433-4D00-9899-F936572EBA3F.jpeg.43b96f7d333aaf19053a291bcf393185.jpeg

8 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Jim’s surgery went well and it appears that the Doc got all of the cancerous lesion.  

Excellent news 🙂 

8 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I didn’t eat all of it, but most of it.  I am very tired.  Still trying to cope.

Hang in there and try to rest and take care of yourself. Recovery takes time sadly.

11 hours ago, ger_77 said:

On another matter, it's absolutely heartbreaking hearing the news of the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas.  May those little souls and the soul of their teacher rest in eternal peace.

So agree - 19 children murdered along with a teacher.  Truly heartbreaking 💔 

• Like 8