Anne Frank house

TYTY

13 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

The absolute best canal tour IMO is as follows:

https://www.thosedamboatguys.com/#new-page

You can purchase tickets on line where you can get directions to meeting location which is walkable from Anne Frank house.

Question 

Our flight arrives @10:00.

What is the earliest recommendation for booking the canal tour and Anne Frank house?

2 hours ago, trixiee said:

Question 

Our flight arrives @10:00.

What is the earliest recommendation for booking the canal tour and Anne Frank house?

Try to book AF house first. It can be 11.30/ 12 noon or after that. Best chance is on the 1st Tuesday of the month before you arrive. Tickets sell fast. https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ine said:

Try to book AF house first. It can be 11.30/ 12 noon or after that. Best chance is on the 1st Tuesday of the month before you arrive. Tickets sell fast. https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

11:30?? Arrive at 10. Go through passport control, collect luggage (if checked) and get to the Anne Frank House for 11:30? What about their luggage?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

11:30?? Arrive at 10. Go through passport control, collect luggage (if checked) and get to the Anne Frank House for 11:30? What about their luggage?

Our hotel is about a 15 min. walk from AF House.  Thinking we can store it until check-in time.  I'll factor in an additional hour.

1:00 pm for AFH

3:00 for Canal Tour

Workable?

10 hours ago, trixiee said:

Our hotel is about a 15 min. walk from AF House.  Thinking we can store it until check-in time.  I'll factor in an additional hour.

1:00 pm for AFH

3:00 for Canal Tour

Workable?

Yes.   I would be uncomfortable with 11:30 even though you may make it.  1:00 much better.   The airport has had major problems this last summer and passport control could be an hour.  I understand that is getting better however....  

• Thanks 1

For anyone who has walked from the cruise terminal to the Anne Frank house, is there anything tricky about the route? I googled it and it looks OK, but it's kind of hard to tell if there's any complicated walking situations (like crossing roads that are hard to cross). Thank you!

24 minutes ago, DMP609 said:

For anyone who has walked from the cruise terminal to the Anne Frank house, is there anything tricky about the route? I googled it and it looks OK, but it's kind of hard to tell if there's any complicated walking situations (like crossing roads that are hard to cross). Thank you!

Watch out for bicycles!

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

Watch

2 hours ago, DMP609 said:

It's more than Ok, it is a beautiful and interesting walk.   No issues at all.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DMP609 said:

I walked it (with luggage). It takes awhile - maybe  an hour?  & the sidewalks can be narrow but it was a great way to see the city. They also have a tram that goes from the train station(short walk from the ship).I believe the canal tours are actually close to the train station. If you have tickets to the Anne Frank house & you happen to get there early they may let you in - they did for me.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 2:10 PM, cyntil8ing said:

Our arrival/departure port was Ijmuiden. Because the port was so far out (about 40 minutes), we pre-booked a taxi for pick-up and return. Used a consolidator - https://city-airport-taxis.com

On the off-chance you might see this post, what did you think of City Airport Taxis?  We will be arriving in IJmuiden and will need to make our way to Amsterdam.  Right now, it’s looking like a taxi to Haarlem Station and then the train might be the best bet but I sure would like other options.

Thank you to anyone who can offer information.  Posts on transportation from IJmuiden to Amsterdam don’t seem to contain much information.

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

On the off-chance you might see this post, what did you think of City Airport Taxis?  We will be arriving in IJmuiden and will need to make our way to Amsterdam.  Right now, it’s looking like a taxi to Haarlem Station and then the train might be the best bet but I sure would like other options.

Thank you to anyone who can offer information.  Posts on transportation from IJmuiden to Amsterdam don’t seem to contain much information.

I get notification. 🙂 

Honestly, City Airport Taxis is just a booking company. They run the web site, when they get a request, they broker it to local taxi drivers, so I imagine there's some luck involved. We got a great driver. Are they all? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

1 hour ago, cyntil8ing said:

I get notification. 🙂 

Honestly, City Airport Taxis is just a booking company. They run the web site, when they get a request, they broker it to local taxi drivers, so I imagine there's some luck involved. We got a great driver. Are they all? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Thank you for that.  When I looked at their website, that was the impression I got so I didn’t go further.  Your reply was helpful.

On 2/9/2023 at 3:48 AM, DMP609 said:

I've walked it - maybe 45 minutes? Sidewalks can be narrow & you have to watch for bikes. I did it with luggage

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you can, watch the series A Small Voice about Miep Gies, who worked for Otto Frank and was the family's lifeline while they were in hiding. It is on demand on the National Geographic Channel and streaming on Hulu and Disney. @Grumpella A Small Voice highlighted the work of Jan Gies and other resistors to the occupiers in Holland, which has put the Dutch Resistance Museum on our itinerary for our time in Amsterdam. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

If you can, watch the series A Small Voice about Miep Gies, who worked for Otto Frank and was the family's lifeline while they were in hiding. It is on demand on the National Geographic Channel and streaming on Hulu and Disney. @Grumpella A Small Voice highlighted the work of Jan Gies and other resistors to the occupiers in Holland, which has put the Dutch Resistance Museum on our itinerary for our time in Amsterdam. 

Watched...just an amazing series !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Just in case, the title is A Small Light, not A Small Voice. 

• Thanks 2