Live from Pacific Explorer - 31st May - Australia is Cruising Again

Re show entry , $20 is nothing when your paying a lot of $ for the.cruise, p and o prices are low compared to other lines, so open thy wallets and enjoy. Safe journey  back to steak and kiddly.

Geoff you have done great job with your on board live.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Did you break something? 14th June  10 night is now 8night 🤔

Screenshot_20220602-193258_Gmail.thumb.jpg.7b257e33f96087f561f9ce888836c5b0.jpg

Wasn't me!! 

I think you deserve a bit more depth to the explanation, and it might be they are reviewing the way they handle their protocols.

They may also be nervous about managing infections on a 10 nighter.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

There is no way I will be paying extra to see any guest entertainer. P&O seem to be trying to charge for lots of things (food, shows, P&O Edge). I believe the show is $20pp.
Then issue I see is if these shows are sell outs, then P&O will continue to charge and charge for more and more things. If the show hardly has anyone at it, then maybe they will re-think charging a fee. So people need to boycott these ticketed events or it will only escalate.

4 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Thanks for update Geoff, yeah go P&O🙄upcharge for everything.

The 3 night cruise I have booked next year is a comedy cruise.....hope I am not paying to see the comedy haha! Only booked because it was $250 and I want to see how they have changed the Golden Princess, not particularly for the P&O experience.

I have seen Han's for free on Sunrise😂

Sorry to say, there was a line-up to get the good seats to Hans tonight, all the way through the photo lounge.

It is looking like there were enough takers for it to be more than a flash in the pan.

Reading this thread with interest. 

On our last cruise 2019, so long ago, we spoke with people on board who loved P O UK cruise experience. They were from the UK and we were all on a Cunard cruise.

Wonder how the UK and Australian PO differ?

Agree would not pay to see that particular show but each to their own. 

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Sorry to say, there was a line-up to get the good seats to Hans tonight, all the way through the photo lounge.

It is looking like there were enough takers for it to be more than a flash in the pan.

As they say, the market will decide the price.

The Cruise lines are obviously testing the waters on many things like drink packages and specialty restaurants, using cheap cruise fares to get people back and then milk what they can to recover their losses.

They need to be careful though as many long time repeat Cruisers are repeat customers because of the all inclusive pricing plus Bar costs.

We moved on from the P&O experience a few years ago but we booked the Encounter in December because we liked the sister ship the Golden Princess when we were on her.

If P&O are going to move forward with gouging what they can from their customers we will stick with RC or perhaps reconsider Cruising as an option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Re show entry , $20 is nothing when your paying a lot of $ for the.cruise, p and o prices are low compared to other lines, so open thy wallets and enjoy. Safe journey  back to steak and kiddly.

Geoff you have done great job with your on board live.

Sorry NSWP I disagree.

I don’t find P&O any cheaper than other lines out of Australia.

They have had the poorest onboard appearance of any Ships I have ever sailed with.

Their strong suite has always been happy and cheerful and in the past the pricing reflected older ships with limited balconies that kept pricing down.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, pully8 said:

Reading this thread with interest. 

On our last cruise 2019, so long ago, we spoke with people on board who loved P O UK cruise experience. They were from the UK and we were all on a Cunard cruise.

Wonder how the UK and Australian PO differ?

Agree would not pay to see that particular show but each to their own. 

I have done both. Like chalk and cheese. On board spend is in gb pounds, reasonable prices. You can take a bottle or two of wine on board. Dress standards are close to Cunard, formal nights it is tuxedo or dark suit for men and enforced. Different style of cuisine, more British. Black pudding and kippers even. Several British beers on tap. I really liked P and o uk, but not so p and o  straya.

It is pretty close to cunard imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I have done both. Like chalk and cheese. On board spend is in gb pounds, reasonable prices. You can take a bottle or two of wine on board. Dress standards are close to Cunard, formal nights it is tuxedo or dark suit for men and enforced. Different style of cuisine, more British. Black pudding and kippers even. Several British beers on tap. I really liked P and o uk, but not so p and o  straya.

It is pretty close to cunard imo.

The black pudding and kippers would get me on board!!!!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

@arxcards would you please take a photo of today's Good Times and post here please. Love Sea Days (as my name suggests lol). Thanks.

If I can't get a good pic on the phone, I will be scanning them all when I get home.

37 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Just the pointy bits. Visibility is good.

A short time ago on the promenade.

20220603_102808.thumb.jpg.afca58dfa8502c18482747542889187c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, arxcards said:

If I can't get a good pic on the phone, I will be scanning them all when I get home.

No worries, I have seen today's Good Times now. One of the TA's onboard just posted it. Thanks