Princess Fare v Princess Plus Fare

teralin

I am new to Princess. I have been offered two different cruise fares for the same cruise on Princess's own website.  Can anyone confirm that the Princess Plus fare includes grats, drinks package and wifi?  The reason for my question is that there isn't much difference between the standard fare and the Plus fare.  Thanks

Thank you for your rapid response.  I am looking at a 21 day cruise where the difference between the standard fare and the Plus fare is only £40 for the entire cruise.  I thought it was too good to be true.

1 minute ago, teralin said:

Thank you for your rapid response.  I am looking at a 21 day cruise where the difference between the standard fare and the Plus fare is only £40 for the entire cruise.  I thought it was too good to be true.

Wow! Book that immediately! 🤩

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, teralin said:

Nice. You might also look at the pricing and additional benefits for Princess Premier Fare.

Additional notes: OBC is available for military vets and for those that own shares of Carnival Corp. stock. Look up Princess Military Benefit Program as well as Carnival Corp. Shareholder Benefit on line.

1 hour ago, teralin said:

I am new to Princess. I have been offered two different cruise fares for the same cruise on Princess's own website.  Can anyone confirm that the Princess Plus fare includes grats, drinks package and wifi?  The reason for my question is that there isn't much difference between the standard fare and the Plus fare.  Thanks

Then go for Princess Plus includes all drinks up to 12dollars, wi-fi and gratuities it is a bargain.

Not knowing the exact prices, it's hard to say that is not just Princess marketing and positioning.  Clearly the Princess Plus deal is better than the vanilla one, but you still have to compare that Princess Plus fare vs. other cruise lines and other cruises to see if that is truly a good deal--not just a better one than the vanilla fare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Nice. You might also look at the pricing and additional benefits for Princess Premier Fare.

Additional notes: OBC is available for military vets and for those that own shares of Carnival Corp. stock. Look up Princess Military Benefit Program as well as Carnival Corp. Shareholder Benefit on line.

Do you know if this is all true for someone outside of the USA

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

On the US website it is for US and Canadians. Someone from the UK might be able to post a website link for UK vets.

13 hours ago, teralin said:

Which cruise? is that through the UK site?

I noticed some cruises P+ are still at the old £30pppd not the new £40pppd

if the princess fair is reasonable for the cruise then just £40 looks like an error maybe 1 day rather than the 21 days

have you gone through to payment pages as sometimes the search prices are wrong.

We have had princess honour a major misprice before saving £1000s

..... had a look at the UK offerings I think I found it( 7n/14n showing similar pattern)

bets not to alert Princess just book in case it is an error 

P+ at £1,500 for 21nights inside that's a good price  balcony is £2.3k.

those insides are GTY only and only 2 balcony selectable,  getting full .....

That cruise was regular fare £1,600 earlier this year when I tracked all the princess in Europe for a couple of months

I checked some others options  and they are still applying £30pppd for P+ so the inside are closer to £2k for 21n

11 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

1.  Military: To thank the brave men and women of the American and Canadian militaries for their service, Princess Cruises® offers up to $250 free onboard spending money* for veterans as well as active, retired or disabled military personnel. This special military benefit is eligible on any cruise, any time of the year and can be used to purchase a wide variety of amenities and experiences including Lotus Spa® treatments; dining in our specialty restaurants; gifts, jewelry and clothing in our onboard boutiques; and Princess Cruises shore excursions.

NOTE: Not sure if it is still active, but there was a similar program for Australia and New Zealand. Also, the British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, and Reserves.  

2.  Shareholder: https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

3. Also, don't forget the referral OBC: https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/referralRewards.page

Edited by Gretchendz

On 6/2/2022 at 9:57 AM, teralin said:

Wow!! Not sure what the conversion rate is, but in the US the Plus fare was usually $40/day/pp. With the addition of the Premium fare, it's now $50/day/pp.

That's a deal...if it's for the entire cruise, grab it.

I had received an offer for the new cruises out of Galveston for this Christmas and New Years.  I didn't pay much attention until I received a follow up about it saying I had 2 days left to take advantage of it.  That's when I realized the fare for our favorite aft facing corner balcony cabin with Princess Plus was the same as the regular fare!  I booked the 11 day Christmas cruise 🙂

• Like 1