Laundry Turn Around

kasowell2

28 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

Can anyone tell me the time it takes to get laundry back? We are trying to decide on the clothes to take as this is the first time we are flying to a cruise 

We usually send out for laundry 2-3 times per sailing using our Capt Club benefit (free).  We usually set it out the laundry bag in our cabin before we go to dinner (early seating) and it is back (clean) in our cabin in the afternoon of the next day.  Once in while it takes two days.  This information is all pre-pandemic.

Edited by mahdnc

On our post pandemic sailings if it was to the laundry by 9 a.m it would be returned the following afternoon.  So if the cabin attendant picked it up and had it to the laundry by 9 on Tuesday you would have it Wednesday afternoon.  If it got  to the laundry  after 9 on Tuesday it wouldn’t be returned until Thursday. afternoon.   

6 hours ago, CTSandy said:

I used the laundry bag on my March sailing on Constellation and again on my April sailing on Apex.  In both cases it was returned in two days.

Two days was also my experience on Millennium in April.

My experience has been similar.   If I send it out before 9:00 AM I get it back next day.  I usually leave it out in the evening and the butler gets it either that evening or next morning when he deliverers breakfast.

I've heard of some taking 2 days but haven't experienced that on Silhouette, Equinox and  Medellin

On 6/3/2022 at 2:06 AM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Post pandemic, they are short staffed.  It took two days to get the laundry back on both of my Summit cruises in April and May.

Linda,
A little off topic, but what was Summit like? We’re considering a cruise on her next year, however, it’s the only ship in that class we’ve not sailed on - Connie has always been one of our favourites ☺️. I realise she’s been revolutionised, just wondered what your opinion of her was post-Covid and post-revamp. TIA.

8 minutes ago, Jenjohncourt said:

Do they have a laundry special? 

Yes, Celebrity will usually run a laundry special once every sailing.  They would advertise $xx per bag in the Celebrity Today daily newsletter when normally the charge is per article of clothing and type of clothing. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kasowell2 said:

We are staying in a suite if that makes a difference 

While some may say no it also can depend on if you are in an Upper Suite and also on your particular Butler.  

In upper suites Ive had butlers insist that he run down to the laundry and get our jackets pressed he was however an exceptionally good butler and was rewarded for his attentive service.

We were in a RS recently and Chic night was on the Second Day.   We asked him to have our jackets pressed and he said they would have to charge us the 50% extra for same day.  He was a rather disappointing butler on many levels.     I said I didn't care. 

We were never charged.

8 hours ago, villauk said:

Linda,
A little off topic, but what was Summit like? We’re considering a cruise on her next year, however, it’s the only ship in that class we’ve not sailed on - Connie has always been one of our favourites ☺️. I realise she’s been revolutionised, just wondered what your opinion of her was post-Covid and post-revamp. TIA.

I'm not a fan of the Hoppenization.  If you're bored and the ship is rocking and rolling, you can amuse yourself by watching that silly round chair in the PH go round and round all by itself.  That being said, service was excellent except for the MDR which was poorly managed and which we escaped as soon as possible.  Luminae was excellent.  Food was very good.  There are some supply chain issues--they ran out of my non-alcoholic champagne on the second leg.  And there are staffing hiccups.  We had 350 pax on the first leg; 1600 on the second leg.  My guess is that many of the staffing issues are caused by new staff.  It should all be sorted out by next year.  I have another cruise booked on her this fall.  And yes, Connie has always been one of my favorites.

• Thanks 1

We just got off Millennium yesterday.  

Before the pandemic, we left laundry on the bed ready to go when we left the stateroom to run to breakfast.  Came back and the room would be done, laundry gone.  It always came back the next afternoon.

This cruise, it pretty much always took two days.  We embarked on Friday, May 27.  Sent out laundry the next morning.  It was Monday evening when our room was done at dinner time before it came back.  Meanwhile, we sent out another load on Monday as well as a last bit on Tuesday.   The Monday and Tuesday loads both came back during evening room turndown on Wednesday evening.  

We are Elite Plus, and planned for laundry when we packed.  By Monday dressing for dinner, we both noted that if laundry didn't come back that evening, it would get interesting.  🙂  We had been traveling since Wednesday evening.  

On 6/3/2022 at 4:08 AM, jelayne said:

On our post pandemic sailings if it was to the laundry by 9 a.m it would be returned the following afternoon.  So if the cabin attendant picked it up and had it to the laundry by 9 on Tuesday you would have it Wednesday afternoon.  If it got  to the laundry  after 9 on Tuesday it wouldn’t be returned until Thursday. afternoon.   

Yes. Sent in a bag before 9 am.  Returned next day after 5 pm

We have sent out laundry 3 times, maybe 4 on cruises since restart. Time has varied from just a bit over 24 hours to a bit over 2 days. Some in suite, some not, so being in a suite for us made no real difference, I put it off to staffing and experience.

The disturbing thing for me was that one time the laundry came back smelling bad, like it had been left too long and soured, or been washed in a dorm washing machine.

I never send good clothes because everything is washed in hot water.

Currently on the Summit.  If you are used to laundry on HAL where they launder, press, and put on hangers you will be sorely disappointed in Celebrity’s idea of laundry.  The pieces I sent to “laundry” were just that.  They were folded into a wrinkled mess, and I just sent them back to “press only” basically paying twice.