Diamond Four Drinks Per Day

Thanks so much 🙂 

This may be completely against the rules but if my wife was allowed to purchase the refreshment package and i had the deluxe would i be able to gift her my 4 drinks per day?

Edited by strachan01

1 hour ago, strachan01 said:

Thanks so much 🙂 

This may be completely against the rules but if my wife was allowed to purchase the refreshment package and i had the deluxe would i be able to gift her my 4 drinks per day?

Yes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, strachan01 said:

Thanks so much 🙂 

For now

• Like 1

5 hours ago, strachan01 said:

Sorry to butt in...I have been away from the forum for a while due to illness. Does this new 4 coupons for Diamond members replace the free 'evening happy hour' or are these in addition to that?

Thanks!

To be clear, the happy hour still exists with free drinks in a ship with a Suite Lounge.  Vouchers must now be used in the Diamond Lounge.  I think the Diamond Lounge still has snacks during happy hour times...just not free drinks.

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Vouchers must now be used in the Diamond Lounge.  I think the Diamond Lounge still has snacks during happy hour times...just not free drinks.

I thought the only place you couldn't use the Diamond Vouchers were at the Bionic Bar.... on what ships can they only be used in the Diamond Lounge?

2 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I thought the only place you couldn't use the Diamond Vouchers were at the Bionic Bar.... on what ships can they only be used in the Diamond Lounge?

None

4 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

He didn’t say only.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CruiseWendy said:

Clarification question on the vouchers, I assume these can't be used at the Bionic Bar? I read somewhere you have to ask for the voucher to be used for your free drink. My past experiences tell me the robot is not at all talkative and wouldn't listen to me 🙂

Correct

MDR waiter inadvertently charged me for two drinks rather than charging one to Mrs. Yogimax.

when I saw the charge on my account, it was listed as $15.34 not $13.00.  That sure looks like the tip was added.

in addition, I was never asked to sign for the additional drink.

confusion...

9 minutes ago, wavechaser said:

If my husband and I are Diamonds, for drink voucher purposes, are our grandkids treated as Diamonds, or do they have to have sailed enough to be actual Diamonds?

Only minor children share status, so unless your grands live with you as their legal guardians, they do not share your D status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

That post meant that you have to use vouchers for drinks in the Diamond Lounge (as in no "free/unlimited happy hour drinks" anymore), not that the vouchers are ONLY allowed to be used in the DL and not anywhere else on the ship.

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

That post meant that you have to use vouchers for drinks in the Diamond Lounge (as in no "free/unlimited happy hour drinks" anymore), not that the vouchers are ONLY allowed to be used in the DL and not anywhere else on the ship.

Ah, I see. Thank you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

MDR waiter inadvertently charged me for two drinks rather than charging one to Mrs. Yogimax.

when I saw the charge on my account, it was listed as $15.34 not $13.00.  That sure looks like the tip was added.

in addition, I was never asked to sign for the additional drink.

confusion...

Yes the tip was added because it was a drink that was charged. Voucher drinks are not charged so there is no place to add a tip. Waiters/barstaff get O tip from a voucher drink.

17 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Yes the tip was added because it was a drink that was charged. Voucher drinks are not charged so there is no place to add a tip. Waiters/barstaff get O tip from a voucher drink.

We always tip a dollar per drink for the D, D+, or Pin voucher.  I don't know how Royal compensates the bartenders, and I don't care.  I just feel it is the right thing to do for us.  

Just got off adventure where an adult tried to use 18yo son's card for alcoholic diamond drink.  It was denied by the server.  He showed us on the card it has m2? on the top which means minor and no alcohol.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:00 PM, woneill63 said:

First off, yes, I have searched on this forum and have not found an answer to my questions.  For the last ten years, or so, every cruise I have been on I have bought the drinks package and have been content with the pricing.  However, on my upcoming eight night Mariner cruise, 1300 dollars, including the 18 % tip, doesn't seem like a good enough price for my wife and I.  We have relatives in two other cabins, and they will bring aboard two bottles of wine for us, plus we have other ways to get booze aboard.  I believe our bar bill will be excessive at first, but will taper off after a few days and will not reach 1k.

1.  Can I pick which drinks I pay for and which will be part of the four free ones ?  For example, I would rather pay for my 8 dollar beer and get my 12 dollar martini on the house.

2.  My son, who is 15 years old, is also a diamond member.  Can I access his four drinks per day for adult beverages ?

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers.

We just got off a cruise and between the two bottles of wine and our 4 diamond drinks, we never had to pay for a beverage (we didn't drink bottled water or sodas).

Yes you can specify not to use a diamond drink and they are available all day at all bars (except Robot).

Not sure about using childs coupons.

We had the Drink package last time and for us, it was a complete waste of money between our own wine and vouchers.

50 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

We just got off a cruise and between the two bottles of wine and our 4 diamond drinks, we never had to pay for a beverage (we didn't drink bottled water or sodas).

Yes you can specify not to use a diamond drink and they are available all day at all bars (except Robot).

We had the Drink package last time and for us, it was a complete waste of money between our own wine and vouchers.

Similar situation, though we were in a suite and had the SL during happy hour, and we'd got the soda package; but there wasn't a single day we both went thru all four Diamond Drinks.  

The last few trips we were very much "aw, just get the drink package and then you don't sweat it."  This last one though, not only was the per-day cost on the pricey side, but 13 nights and we both had to get the package - ouch.  

Now a factor on Adventure.  I don't know if this is a long-term change, but "because of CDC rules"  (so we were told) they had no bar setup in the SL. The bartenders would take the drink order out to the bar in the Viking Crown lounge.  Meaning: not the limited bar menu you'd normally get from the limited SL setup - within reason, if you want it you got it.  So yeah, we didn't miss the drink package at all .

• Like 2

Question to the forum.

The wife and I will be Diamond after our upcoming cruise on Symphony in September.

My wife is a very light drinker. She's good with one glass of wine at dinner and that's not guarunteed. What becomes of her vouchers? Can I use them or do they just get wasted?

6 minutes ago, smar1500 said:

Question to the forum.

The wife and I will be Diamond after our upcoming cruise on Symphony in September.

My wife is a very light drinker. She's good with one glass of wine at dinner and that's not guarunteed. What becomes of her vouchers? Can I use them or do they just get wasted?

The vouchers don’t have to be used for alcoholic drinks. 

Smoothies, soda, fresh squeezed OJ, specialty coffee (but not at Starbucks kiosk), bottled water.