Bringing Wine Onboard

2 minutes ago, slotmomma3 said:

Is there still a fee to bring wine onboard?

There has never been a fee to bring wine or soda onboard.  There could be a corkage fee if you bring the bottle into the MDR, but I have never heard of it happing to anyone. 

Corkage fee 

• Like 2

I think you have a limit of 2 bottles of wine per stateroom, but I've never been charged corkage in the MDR.  I always ask in advance.  If they do charge, I would just bring down a couple of glasses from my stateroom with me.

3 minutes ago, thepixie said:

Is there a corkage fee to take a case of wine on board

You are only allowed to bring two bottles of wine. 
I have only heard of corkage fee’s being charged in the dining rooms 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

Edited by DaKahuna

Just now, DaKahuna said:

Thank you. Yes that is what I have done on other cruise lines, and paid the corkage up front at registering at embarkation. Do you know what the charge per bottle is?

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Sorry, are you saying that I would only be allowed to bring two bottles on board, and not a case of my favorite wine?

Just now, thepixie said:

Sorry, are you saying that I would only be allowed to bring two bottles on board, and not a case of my favorite wine?

It is not me saying it,  it is what Royal Caribbean says is allowed. 

36 minutes ago, thepixie said:

Thank you. Yes that is what I have done on other cruise lines, and paid the corkage up front at registering at embarkation. Do you know what the charge per bottle is?

I can say that no fees are collected in Seattle at embarkation (check-in) for corkage fees for any of the cruise lines.

4 hours ago, thepixie said:

There is no corkage “up front”

You are allowed 2 bottles per stateroom irrespective of how many people are in the room.

You cannot bring a case of wine on board. If you do then 10 bottles will be held back and returned at the end of the cruise.

If you take a bottle to dinner you may be charged corkage. I have only ever seen this happen once to a neighbouring table. I told them to go back to the cabin; open the bottle themselves and come back to dinner with 2 filled glasses; which is what they did! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thepixie said:

That's pretty standard on other cruise lines too.  What line allows you to bring a case?  I have never seen anyone actually charged a corkage fee.

7 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I can say that no fees are collected in Seattle at embarkation (check-in) for corkage fees for any of the cruise lines.

Or any other port that RCI cruises out of.  That's not how corkage fees work anyway.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BND said:

That's pretty standard on other cruise lines too.  What line allows you to bring a case?  I have never seen anyone actually charged a corkage fee.

Princess. You pay corkage for anything beyond two bottles, even if you drink it in your room….they charge you when you board.

I will only do this if I’m boarding in a country where I really like the local wines, like Greece, Italy or France. On RCL I settle for the two we can bring on plus I’ll order a few bottles of the wine and cheese plate for $30 from the Gifts and Gear section. 

Edited by vjmatty

10 hours ago, thepixie said:

You are allowed bring 2-750ml bottles of wine on boarding day. That is it.

15 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, there was Corkage Fee about Decade ago. Seen it charged to Passengers at my Main Dining Table

RCL charged me a corkage fee, it was $10,  on a $8 bottle.  That was 10 years ago

• Like 1

We have brought 2 bottles of wine on board all of our recent three cruises since October and have never paid a corkage fee to bring them on.  In fact we have never paid a corkage fee to bring wine on board with RCCL.  The only time they would charge that is if you bring it to a restaurant venue.  And that has only happened with us once.  That policy is non consistently upheld, at least in our experience.  However we usually consume the wine elsewhere and not a dining venue.