Serenade of the Seas Details, Please

We are booked for the fall out of Tampa.

Have seen a couple of reviews but still have questions about the ship.  Looked at the pictures here on Cruise Critic but they are pretty old.  Would love to see newer pictures of the ship.

Where is food served - included and for a fee?  For example is there a Sorrento's?  In the Pub or Vintages?

How is the spa?  Is there sauna and steamroom in the changing area that is included for all passengers?

Deck plan says whirlpools, are they heated?  What do you think of the Solarium for the Caribbean?

Are there pools tables available for all to play on?

Any idea if there will be a broadway show in the fall?

Any other unique or unusual things about the ship?

Chops, Giovanni's, Chef's Table, Izumi sushi

Heated whirlpools, great Solarium 

Two self leveling pool tables

No Broadway shows on this class

Great Schooner Bar 

VCL Bar has a unique rotating feature

Just booked her for February. Interesting 7 day itineraries

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 7

The spa is nice.   I enjoy being able to look out at sea while getting a mani pedi or hair done.    Cannot do that on most of the larger ships.

Last time I was on her there was a sauna and steam room in changing area.   

We love this ship and this class of ship.

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

The spa is nice.   I enjoy being able to look out at sea while getting a mani pedi or hair done.    Cannot do that on most of the larger ships.

Last time I was on her there was a sauna and steam room in changing area.   

We love this ship and this class of ship.

Same here, spent more time on Serenade then any other Ship in last 35yrs. Doing another 27nites more this Oct. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Same here, spent more time on Serenade then any other Ship in last 35yrs. Doing another 27nites more this Oct. 

Doing 274 starting next December 😉

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bunzini said:

Planning a trip in the fall of 2023.  Does anyone happen to know if there is any outside eating area outside of the Windjammer?

Yes, nice area outside WJ.   I always prefer to eat out there weather permitting.

• Thanks 1

I prefer the smaller ships like Serenade, I feel like im on a boat and not a floating mall 😄

We loved Serenade, although a bit older, it was comfortable and had great amenities. Buffet in Windjammer had tons of options, Vintages and Schooner bar were great for relaxing pre or post dinner. We enjoyed standing at the front of the ship on the helicopter pad too. Lots of windows too. The Solarium is beautiful and relaxing, but if you are in a hot place already, it does get pretty warm in there. We preferred the top deck pool in the heat but Solarium is adult only so we liked that aspect.

• Like 3

Just got off the Serenade this morning.  It is a smaller ship so no Sorrentos but they do have the same Pizza in the WJ at lunch and probably dinner.  

For a 20 year old ship it is in good shape but while the beds and cabin carpet were excellent and sofa and bed tables need a serious upgrade

The solarium is indoors and pretty nice.  Pool and hot tubs were good.  

The ship has sone unique things different from other aRoyal ships we have been on.  Loved the WJ outdoor earring area and the covered outdoor eating area and bar.  This would be even better in the Caribbean.  

The Cenertium around the year elevators is about 6-7 levels of open and they play live music on the bottom level.  Every cruiser is different but most things are easy to get to from this area.  I would book my cabin from the center back. 

I have read the ship will get a major upgrade before the world cruise. Right now my major complaint would be the dinning room and bars are under staffed .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your description. So the outdoor eating area outside windjammer is covered? I’m going on a pacific coastal and i imagine it will rain but i’d like to be outside. Is schooner bar completely inside? Just thinking about covid and ways i can be outside.

5 hours ago, baelor said:

Why would you post this without at least also answering the OP’s question?

There is no requirement stating you need to answer the question.

Kind of like your response...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, matj2000 said:

You probably should have done some research before booking.

OP said she read some reviews and only found old pictures.

You probably should have done some more reading of the post before responding. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, baelor said:

Why would you post this without at least also answering the OP’s question?

Once you're on this board for a while you'll find that striped speedo tends to stir the pot a bit... I usually stir back in jest.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks for your description. So the outdoor eating area outside windjammer is covered? I’m going on a pacific coastal and i imagine it will rain but i’d like to be outside. Is schooner bar completely inside? Just thinking about covid and ways i can be outside.

Yes the outdoor area is covered.    The schooner bar is inside.   Very nice area with lots of windows.   

There are outdoor bars at pool.

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Doing 274 starting next December 😉

We’ve been on all 4 Radiance ships, and doing a 10 day on Serenade in February…….. I’m looking forward to your reviews of the world cruise. As much as I love those ships, my husband would never be able to do it.  He had a hard enough time on the Odyssey TA we did last month.

The Radiance class ships were always my favorite…..until Odyssey! 

• Like 2

Thanks for the helpful responses.  Matj, you are so funny 🤪.

Great details about the Windjammer and available seating.  Is this where they serve hamburgers as well as the pizza?

So I take it no food in the Pub or Vintages?  Park Cafe (included or a charge, I have seen it described both ways)?

Looks like the Viking Crown will be fun.  How was the Diamond Lounge?

I have sailed on Jewel of the Seas, her first year of service.  Things change, like now there is a UDP to think about.  Also thinking about the spa package.

Thanks for all the information.

9 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for the helpful responses.  Matj, you are so funny 🤪.

Great details about the Windjammer and available seating.  Is this where they serve hamburgers as well as the pizza?

So I take it no food in the Pub or Vintages?  Park Cafe (included or a charge, I have seen it described both ways)?

Looks like the Viking Crown will be fun.  How was the Diamond Lounge?

I have sailed on Jewel of the Seas, her first year of service.  Things change, like now there is a UDP to think about.  Also thinking about the spa package.

Thanks for all the information.

Viking crown is adjacent to the D lounge, so mostly the same view. We rarely go there now except for morning cappuccino.

Park Cafe is included. Pizza is there at night 

Edited by lovesthebeach2