Menu Change

mfs2k

How often does Celebrity change their MDR, Blu and Luminae dinner menus?  

I don’t mean the daily rotation.
I mean how often do they roll our new menus to all their ships?

When they do, do they have a major revamp or make small less noticeable changes and replace less popular items with new ones?

Are there seasonal changes or is it the same year-round?  
Somewhere, there’s a committee testing new menu items, comparing costs and sourcing worldwide availability of product. Who is on the committee and what’s in the works?  That’s what I want to know 😂

Have been sailing on Celebrity for about 10 years have never noticed a major change to the menus. It has been more of replacing a few dishes and adding something else.  

We book Aqua or suites primarily.  Blu changed a number of items on the menu a couple of years ago and have added “clean cuisine” items. 

• Thanks 1

Agree with  @jelayne we have traveled with Celebrity for over 25 years and I only recall one revamp of the menus.     A couple items on all the menus have been added and subtracted.   Recently in Luminae they have been updating some of the ambush but the menu has pretty much stayed the same since Luminae was introduced.     I also recently noticed that the Lamb Burger on Luminae lunch menu has disappeared.     Also when they introduced Daniel B'   they added 3 of his dishes to the Luminae everyday items at the bottom of the menu. 

Recently they have added an everyday items on the Main Menu at least on Silhouette - British Selection.  If I recall there were only two different items

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Recently in Luminae they have been updating some of the ambush ...

Don't you hate it when autocorrect gets in the way? ... but I love this one as Ive often felt the amuse-bouche was indeed an ambush 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On our first cruise back post shutdown on Equinox we noticed new everyday items in Blu as well as fewer entree choices than there were before. That being said there were no major changes, nothing missing that we missed nor new additions that we loved/hated.

16 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You are also more likely to find an entree is sold out.  The basic menus have not changed in many years.  Just tweaking that over time means a lot.

Maybe we've been lucky but that's never happened to us in all the years we've cruised. We also generally dine late.

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

I'm surprised they don't do more frequent menu revamps. 

I imagine the menus get old for frequent Celebrity cruisers. 

I don't mind at all! I don't have to think up what to make for breakfast lunch or dinner. I don't have to grocery shop. I don't have to cook or clean up. Works for me!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Don't you hate it when autocorrect gets in the way? ... but I love this one as Ive often felt the amuse-bouche was indeed an ambush 🙂

I guess they ambushed my amuse-bouche.    I'm laughing out loud for sure.  

If anyone remembers he Cold Radish dipped in clarified butter they would know they were ambushed.   So many were sent back they pulled them quickly.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Miss the Michel Roux menus on the smaller ships when mdr dining was a real delight.  

I agree.  I believe their contract expired with Michael Roux when they added Aqua  and they revamped the menus at that time .... Yikes how many years ago was that.

On the other hand I think the most change I can recall was in Blu.  Originally it was very health conscious and slowly the seem to have become less health conscious.   That may just be my interpretation as i have only sailed in Aqua 3-4 times .   By the way I often enjoy the choices you get in Blu better than Luminae.

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

On our first cruise back post shutdown on Equinox we noticed new everyday items in Blu as well as fewer entree choices than there were before. That being said there were no major changes, nothing missing that we missed nor new additions that we loved/hated.

They did add some for sure.  They have a Beyond Burger, which I have never tried.   hmmm... well for me it will probably the last time I order it also.    I hate beets and they use beets for the red rare meat look.

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They have a Beyond Burger, which I have never tried.   hmmm... well for me it will probably the last time I order it also.    I hate beets and they use beets for the red rare meat look.

I'd challenge you to recognise anything in the Beyond burger as 'beets', give it a try next time you have the chance if you are looking for a more 'plant based' diet.

I can't say it is necessarily healthier though. I'm not vegetarian, but I do like a lot of vegetarian food, especially Indian cuisine, and personally I prefer when it isn't pretending to be meat.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I don't mind at all! I don't have to think up what to make for breakfast lunch or dinner. I don't have to grocery shop. I don't have to cook or clean up. Works for me!!!

And they give me a different menu to choose from every day.  

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They did add some for sure.  They have a Beyond Burger, which I have never tried.   hmmm... well for me it will probably the last time I order it also.    I hate beets and they use beets for the red rare meat look.

Haven’t tried it on X but did on RCI in Playmakers. Maybe it was a mental thing but I did not care for the taste. 

It may be the way back goggles,, but it does seem like the menu has shrunk over the years with fewer options offered. This might have started with the combination of the starter and soup/salad courses.  Beyond the everyday selections, it seems like the options get reduced in number every few years.

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I guess they ambushed my amuse-bouche.    I'm laughing out loud for sure.  

If anyone remembers he Cold Radish dipped in clarified butter they would know they were ambushed.   So many were sent back they pulled them quickly.

I have never found joy in a radish!  My husband loves them right out the ground which is what they taste like to me-dirt!