Indy 3 Day - Unlimited Dining Experience 🐷

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I didn't like mine. Had the fried platter. Probably a bad choice

I started off with a whole lobster stuffed with crab meat and it wasn't good. They said they were having a hard time getting good crab meat.  They took it back and replaced it with lobster tail and brought more later.  The lobster tail was good.

• Thanks 1

Make sure when you board to go make reservations right away. Not always available which can be frustrating.

We had the UDP on Mariner last month on an 8 day cruise and could not get into Chops for lunch at all.

That was with 4 sea days.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, philps said:

Make sure when you board to go make reservations right away. Not always available which can be frustrating.

We had the UDP on Mariner last month on an 8 day cruise and could not get into Chops for lunch at all.

That was with 4 sea days.

11 am hopefully.

Probably head to Izumi first

Hoping this helps a little

20220611_143902.thumb.jpg.205dd3f822381839ddecac90e21d84f8.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Loved Giovanni's Wine bar food.

Sadly, I didn't know they had a food menu or we would have added that to our lunch plans.  Neither of us are wine drinkers so we spent no time in the wine bar and missed out.  Next time for sure.  We're on Ovation next, is Vintages menu similar?

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Loved Giovanni's Wine bar food.

What I loved about Giovanni’s besides the food is they had the best wine list on the Allure and with UDP you get 40 percent all wine bottles under 100.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Sadly, I didn't know they had a food menu or we would have added that to our lunch plans.  Neither of us are wine drinkers so we spent no time in the wine bar and missed out.  Next time for sure.  We're on Ovation next, is Vintages menu similar?

No idea, kinda think it's unique to Odyssey. 

Allure was going to get it. 

The menu for Indy seems different with all the pizza offerings. Doesn't look like that on the app.

But remember kids, 'App is Crap'

Edited by John&LaLa

30 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

ME TOOOOO! The margherita was quite tasty and oh my goodness, that Nutella banana thing ... not even remotely authentic, but divine. 🥰

Fried Lasagna 😉😁🇮🇹

Had really good banana and Nutella crepes in Copenhagen 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

On Odyssey we split our time between Playmakers and the Pub.  We had one lunch at Giovanni's.

On my all too short sailing on tje Odyssey we stopped at the pub and they had sampler plates available.  Can't wait until we sail on her next year. 

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On my all too short sailing on tje Odyssey we stopped at the pub and they had sampler plates available.  Can't wait until we sail on her next year. 

Make sure you have their poutine. I didn't expect it but It was fantastic.  

54 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Make sure you have their poutine. I didn't expect it but It was fantastic.  

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I know where my daughter will be eating fir the week. 

I have to laugh when I read comments like this ... there are many things I love about Quebec, but I think poutine is a crime they've inflicted on the rest of humanity. 😆 Maybe it's like vegemite for non-Aussies, or root beer for Europeans.  At any rate, I'm glad it's available for our neighbors to the north!

Just now, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I have to laugh when I read comments like this ... there are many things I love about Quebec, but I think poutine is a crime they've inflicted on the rest of humanity. 😆 Maybe it's like vegemite for non-Aussies, or root beer for Europeans.  At any rate, I'm glad it's available for our neighbors to the north!

The two things I miss the most about not living in Canada is easy availability of Poutines and Tim Hortons Canadian Maple Donut. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I am really looking forward to eating there. I want to try their lobster roll.

They font have it anymore but pre Covid they had Happy hour specials.  One night it was a beer and Lobster roll for $10...not small sampler rolls either.

I will admit I was disappointed in Hooked when we were on SY in March.  Both the shrimp and Lobster were the same ones they were serving for free in the MDR.  Maybe they ran out but it was sad that Chops had a far better shrimp cocktail. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I haven't seen lunch on the Hibachi side in ages

They had it on Indy.  I think they also offered it on Symphony but I never paid much attention to it as I don't need that much food at lunch nor do I want to spend that amount of time at lunch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1