Captain club daily happy hour

bidgley

We were on the Silhouette in April and the ship didn’t do the Captains club cocktail hour,it was on the information board but there was no actual venue to get together.
Does anyone know if this daily event has stopped on all the ships, we used to like going to chat with other cruisers,when we asked the concierge she said they couldn’t have large gatherings due to covid,but two days later they held a lunchtime welcome back party which was packed!

Just off Summit.  No daily Captains club cocktail event.  You could get drinks from 5-7 in any bar.  It wasn’t the same. We really missed the event.  Also, even though over 70 people registered for meet and greet, the meet and greet for our roll call wasn’t allowed to happen.  Some of the group did meet. It wasn’t the same.  We didn’t get any Captains club info until day 4 when we asked about the breakfast. Then we got a printed list of Captains club events. We missed a reception on day 2.  Oh well.   Breakfast was in Tuscan Grill. We went a few times.  It was empty. It was the only time that we interacted with the Captains club host who checked our sea pass each time. I don’t remember her name. Obviously she doesn’t remember mine. Loyalty is not much these days.  The only time that I was recognized was at Cafe Al Bacio.  We were on classic drink pkg.  I asked for an Affogato.  It is no longer on menu. Server said that it wasn’t on my drink package. When I questioned it and said that on previous cruises I got it as Elite plus, she asked to see my sea pass. Then she said, “ oh, as elite plus, you can get it.”   Sadly, cutbacks are happening.  

The happy hour as an event is no more.  Instead you can get those drinks at several bars around the ship.  While some miss the event others like being able to stay in their shorts and swimwear instead while they enjoy their cocktails.

• Like 2

Celebrity should follow RCs lead and bring back the CC HH. Now that more bookings are giving you the choice of selecting AI or not. Those that don't want to attend can still enjoy their drinks from 5 to 7 at the other bars. That was and still is an option, even before the shut down.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

RC doesn’t do happy hour events  so I’m not sure what’s you mean. 

Instead they load a certain number of drinks on your card, which you can use all day long, rather than limiting you to a certain time period.

Yes RC does the C&A HH from 5 to 8 every evening in the DL with snacks (buffet style). Two changes since the start up. (1) The snacks are no longer self serve. A server will plate your selections. (2) Drinks during the C&A HH in the DL are no longer unlimited. You now use your allotted drinks loaded on your SeaPass card (4,5,6). 

Yes, your allotted number of C&A drinks can be consumed at anytime and at most bars. 

The Happy Hour event probably hasn’t been in the Sky Lounge for at least 3 years.We had started going to the Ensemble Lounge well before COVID.
We went last year to the Sky Lounge and it was soooo quiet.

I think the  Martini Bar has taken over in popularity.

Not all bars had the Captain’s Club menu however, but the Captain’s Club host told us that there are some Premium drinks served between 5-7 pm.

CDBA4D57-DBC7-4BCF-8464-A6DCF4177FA0.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

2 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

The Happy Hour event probably hasn’t been in the Sky Lounge for at least 3 years.We had started going to the Ensemble Lounge well before COVID.
We went last year to the Sky Lounge and it was soooo quiet.

I think the  Martini Bar has taken over in popularity.

Not all bars had the Captain’s Club menu however.

The last CC HH we attended was on the Summit in the Sky Lounge, September 2019. Every evening was well attended. 

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Just off Summit.  No daily Captains club cocktail event.  You could get drinks from 5-7 in any bar.  It wasn’t the same. We really missed the event.  Also, even though over 70 people registered for meet and greet, the meet and greet for our roll call wasn’t allowed to happen.  Some of the group did meet. It wasn’t the same.  We didn’t get any Captains club info until day 4 when we asked about the breakfast. Then we got a printed list of Captains club events. We missed a reception on day 2.  Oh well.   Breakfast was in Tuscan Grill. We went a few times.  It was empty. It was the only time that we interacted with the Captains club host who checked our sea pass each time. I don’t remember her name. Obviously she doesn’t remember mine. Loyalty is not much these days.  The only time that I was recognized was at Cafe Al Bacio.  We were on classic drink pkg.  I asked for an Affogato.  It is no longer on menu. Server said that it wasn’t on my drink package. When I questioned it and said that on previous cruises I got it as Elite plus, she asked to see my sea pass. Then she said, “ oh, as elite plus, you can get it.”   Sadly, cutbacks are happening.  

Thanks so much for this current info.  We sail Summit in July.  It's our first time on Celebrity so we probably won't notice any cutbacks since it will all be new to us.  We are Elite so I will make sure we check out the Captains Club events.  Sad this info wasn't given to you moment one. 

What time did Tuscan Grill open for breakfast?

They discontinued on all ships.    I can't remember when but it was multiple years ago.   Most guest now have drink packages so has lost much of it's attraction.

They still have a Captain's toast for Elite and above usually on the second day. 

We haven't gotten CC list of events for several years now, even pre Covid we had to ask if we wanted to see what was going on. We are Elite + and no longer bother with them. We do try to meet the CC host/ess.  Last cruise she was ho hum, which was a marked change from other times we have introduced ourselves. We might not bother on future cruises.

2 hours ago, FrannyK said:

Thanks so much for this current info.  We sail Summit in July.  It's our first time on Celebrity so we probably won't notice any cutbacks since it will all be new to us.  We are Elite so I will make sure we check out the Captains Club events.  Sad this info wasn't given to you moment one. 

I believe it was 8 - 10 am.  It was very peaceful and quiet. We would have a mimosa and relax before we started our day. The view is not the same as on the S-class ships, but still a nice way to start the day.

Most everyone has some type of drink package these days but the get together was a nice way to socialize with other guests...and speak with Cap Club rep, etc, The lounge atmosphere was nicer than just sitting at a bar any place on the ship.

The  original E + events had  very nice  "snacks" ,  good live music and presentations by  CD, Cap and officers.  Usually a very nice party.  That was ruined on our last few cruises when it was opened to all Cap Club guests... it was overcrowded and no longer anything special.

We'll see what the future holds..esp post Covid times.

• Thanks 1

We enjoyed CC drinks from 5 to 7 on our last cruise May 2022 in the Sky Lounge on the Millennium…..we had a group of friends on board all Elite and above. We were the only group in the Lounge. When we cruise alone we usually have drinks in the Martini Bar. Do wish Celebrity would just load drinks on SeaPass that can be enjoyed over the day.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

We enjoyed CC drinks from 5 to 7 on our last cruise May 2022 in the Sky Lounge on the Millennium…..we had a group of friends on board all Elite and above. We were the only group in the Lounge. When we cruise alone we usually have drinks in the Martini Bar. Do wish Celebrity would just load drinks on SeaPass that can be enjoyed over the day.

Agree, especially if the CC is no longer hold the evening CC HH in the Sky Lounge (M&S ships). A lot of bookings now are offering the option to choose AI or not.  

We haven't gone to the elite breakfast since we qualified for the free Cappuccinos in Al Baccio and that's years ago.  I am with others though, that I wish they would bring back the 5 - 7 HH in the lounge.  It was nice meeting people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrannyK said:

8 to 10 is the usual time 

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Most everyone has some type of drink package these days but the get together was a nice way to socialize with other guests...and speak with Cap Club rep, etc, The lounge atmosphere was nicer than just sitting at a bar any place on the ship.

The  original E + events had  very nice  "snacks" ,  good live music and presentations by  CD, Cap and officers.  Usually a very nice party.  That was ruined on our last few cruises when it was opened to all Cap Club guests... it was overcrowded and no longer anything special.

We'll see what the future holds..esp post Covid times.

Always restricted to Elite and above. Sometimes there has been a separate event for other CC levels.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity should follow RCs lead and bring back the CC HH. Now that more bookings are giving you the choice of selecting AI or not. Those that don't want to attend can still enjoy their drinks from 5 to 7 at the other bars. That was and still is an option, even before the shut down.  

I wish Celebrity would follow RCL's lead and just load 4 drink passes onto your seapass card each day and let you drink them whenever. RCL allows for up to $13 so for X, that would be a $15 dollar drink. If they did this, I would consider booking a Cruise only Fare.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

Are there still special gatherings on the bow for sailaway?

We have yet to experience one.  It used to be that CC Host would give invites to Elites and above.  

We had one on Silhouette in May - well we would have done but it was cancelled due to the weather. Also had one for Aqua only on the same cruise.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Are there still special gatherings on the bow for sailaway?

We have yet to experience one.  It used to be that CC Host would give invites to Elites and above.  

Yes, they are doing them, but it'll vary a bit from cruise to cruise as to when and whether they happen.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

It sounds like there are not too many CC events to even look forward to.  There used to be a general party for all CC members, with dancers and music and food.  There was a cocktail party with senior officers…….what’s left?

As far as I can tell, they've only disposed with the nightly happy hour event.  Everything else still is around.

The sailaways on the bow always have been hit & miss (largely due to weather).  

• Thanks 1