LIVE! - Regal Princess, Rome to Athens, 6/18 - 6/25

CruzerDeb

56 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Thanks CruzerDeb, for the great report and pictures.

Did you by chance take a picture of any drinks price lists? Did you notice anyone drinking Peroni beer?

No, I’m sorry I didn’t take any pictures of the drink menus, nor notice what anyone else was drinking. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Thanks so much for the report and beautiful photos.  We will be doing the Athens ---> Barcelona journey in October on the same ship.  This report really helps set the mood. 

I’m sure your trip will be amazing!! 

• Like 1

Your photos are stunning.  Thanks for sharing them AND your report!  Looking forward to being on the Regal in November from Rome to Fort Lauderdale.  And being in Rome for a few nights at the Albergo del Senato!  We do love Rome.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 2:56 PM, CruzerDeb said:

Flight to JFK was smooth and uneventful, just the way I like it!

A3E2702F-6926-44B1-BF91-77FCF2FDCB5C.thumb.jpeg.1a2c3ecdf7c5efb1cea8e4e13b688265.jpeg

85D89C03-AA98-48E2-A80C-19F2D672D0D4.thumb.jpeg.4c90fc4f8370c1e8f00d715095c5d24e.jpeg

Nice shot! I grew up on that little finger of land - Rockaway Beach. Have to say the jet roaring overhead weren't great - especially the old SSTs! But living in a small town on the ocean, so close to the city, was wonderful. During Hurricane Sandy, the bay and ocean became one. Fortunately I had already left!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Thank you so much for this thread.... we are sailing this same Regal itinerary on October 1 and now I am looking forward to it more than ever.   Love the pictures and the information.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

On 6/28/2022 at 6:46 AM, Esprit said:

Thanks CruzerDeb, for the great report and pictures.

Did you by chance take a picture of any drinks price lists? Did you notice anyone drinking Peroni beer?

Peroni was available last month when we were aboard. My first time trying it and I was quite impressed with it. 

On 6/28/2022 at 1:44 PM, CruzerDeb said:

No, I’m sorry I didn’t take any pictures of the drink menus, nor notice what anyone else was drinking. 

I drank Peroni (bottled) earlier this month.

On 6/25/2022 at 10:25 AM, phabric said:

On the Sky June4-11 Norwegian Fjords, I received $35 refund for 3 days of WiFi.  I had purchased WiFi ($44 Elite price) not the Plus package.

This can be a bit confusing for members without currency explanations.  I am deducing you book your cruises in CAD.  The internet package cost for your 7-night voyage, with 50% discount, is $35 USD.  That would work out to about $44 using the current exchange rate in force of 1.25% - which has been in effect for some time. 

On board, the currency is USD, along with stateroom account.  You got a $35 USD refund to account which is a full refund of the package, even though 3 days affected.  Not bad and I have read similar reports.

Correct?

On 6/26/2022 at 6:26 PM, wowzz said:

Our cruise was fantastic,  and we have no complaints.  We did some great trips,  but used private companies  - half the price of Princess tours,  and only 6 people,  not 46 !

The only way to do it!!!

32 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This can be a bit confusing for members without currency explanations.  I am deducing you book your cruises in CAD.  The internet package cost for your 7-night voyage, with 50% discount, is $35 USD.  That would work out to about $44 using the current exchange rate in force of 1.25% - which has been in effect for some time. 

On board, the currency is USD, along with stateroom account.  You got a $35 USD refund to account which is a full refund of the package, even though 3 days affected.  Not bad and I have read similar reports.

Correct?

I paid $44 CDN for WiFi.  Refunded $35US on the ship for WIFI.  Internet manger said it was for 3 days of not being able to use the WiFi on a 7 day cruise.  I was glad I went to see him, he said he had applied the refund to my account at the beginning of the cruise.  I showed him it had not appeared on my account so he reapplied . I would not had known about the refund if I had not visited him for the third time.

• Like 2

Thanks @CruzerDeb for the report! Good stuff and lovely pictures! I'm sorry that you had a family emergency that kept you from visiting Istanbul. It is one of my favorite cities. You should make a point of seeing it some day, if you can.  Happy travels!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vmontell26 said:

Thanks @CruzerDeb for the report! Good stuff and lovely pictures! I'm sorry that you had a family emergency that kept you from visiting Istanbul. It is one of my favorite cities. You should make a point of seeing it some day, if you can.  Happy travels!

Thank you! I’m certainly going to try to repeat this itinerary with my husband!