LIVE! - Regal Princess, Rome to Athens, 6/18 - 6/25

CruzerDeb

Is that Baja or Dolphin half covered? Love those.  I’d ask your steward for ottomans/foot stools for your chairs. Plenty of room.  Would you let us know if they have any soot problems back there?

Some problems in the past.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is that Baja or Dolphin half covered? Love those.  I’d ask your steward for ottomans/foot stools for your chairs. Plenty of room.  Would you let us know if they have any soot problems back there?

Some problems in the past.

We’re on Dolphin and I’d say it’s probably 1/3 covered. Thanks for the ottoman suggestion; hope we can still get one when we get back to our room and see our steward again. I’ll let you know about any problems with soot or people smoking we might have. 

18 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

We’re on Dolphin and I’d say it’s probably 1/3 covered. Thanks for the ottoman suggestion; hope we can still get one when we get back to our room and see our steward again. I’ll let you know about any problems with soot or people smoking we might have. 

Message him.

Enjoy!!!

1 minute ago, latebloomer56 said:

And when you do let us know if they have ravioli or just pizza.

Thanks

😂 

Pre covid it was salad, a different pasta every day and pizza made to order and tiramisu.  Very nice break from DR or Buffet.

That’s what you’re going to let me know now.  
Are you on the ship?  Or just kidding?

11 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Day One - Boarding / Civitavecchia

I scheduled an Uber from our hotel (Albergo del Senato) to the port; driver arrived on time at 9:20am. It took about and hour and 15 minutes to get here. We were dropped off right at our ship, met by a porter and immediately joined the check-in line. No one looked at the app to see what our arrival time was or what color lane we were supposed to be in. Once we arrived at checkin counter, she wasn’t able to scan our app, so had to provide passports, vaccination cards and negative Covid results. We then walked right onto the ship; we were through the whole process in 30 minutes! Went straight to our room and dropped off our carryons. 

We watched the muster and ship info on our tv and then went to our muster station to check in. Toured the ship a bit and then had lunch in the MDR (Concerto) because I have heard this is the only time they serve the orange soufflé and I just had to try it!

The ship is beautiful! 

C14F984E-9F13-45F8-AE5F-2B5CFB0660A5.thumb.jpeg.1b466c70b3714b1d74864b3c8ba5c37c.jpeg

7677DDA7-5BFC-4DEF-AB23-66A3A01BD49A.thumb.jpeg.b6286295552bb0460a713010d6b50b1e.jpeg

I’m enjoying your live from. Do you mind me asking how much the UBER cost, how many people are in your party, and what type of vehicle? Asking for my daughter and family who are currently flying to Italy. TYIA. 

Fabulous blog!  Many thanks for taking time to share all of this information - much appreciated.

It’s wonderful you and your mom are sharing this great experience together. 

If you happen to notice any ballroom dancing I would love to hear about it and find out where on the ship it was and how full the floor was.  We are on Regal in October and really hope to get a fair amount of dancing in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crystabel said:

I’m enjoying your live from. Do you mind me asking how much the UBER cost, how many people are in your party, and what type of vehicle? Asking for my daughter and family who are currently flying to Italy. TYIA. 

The Uber was €145, for two people and was a Mercedes car. Very professional driver. Time of day affects prices; when I had looked the evening prior it was $253! I scheduled my ride 2 hours in advance and it worked out perfectly! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Carnevale said:

Fabulous blog!  Many thanks for taking time to share all of this information - much appreciated.

It’s wonderful you and your mom are sharing this great experience together. 

If you happen to notice any ballroom dancing I would love to hear about it and find out where on the ship it was and how full the floor was.  We are on Regal in October and really hope to get a fair amount of dancing in.

There’s music in many venues on the ship, including the Piazza and Crooners. Different couples were doing some ballroom dancing in both venues last night. If you like the music, get up and show us how it’s done! I love to watch. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, caribill said:

Really like reading your "Live from."

Your pre-cruise touring in Rome shows you really know how to get the most out of a short time in a foreign city.

Thank you! We really tried to see as much as possible. I wore my mom out. All of our upcoming shore excursions, booked through Princess, we’re on the “easy” activity level (except Mykonos which didn’t have any so we had to book a “moderate” one). We’ll have to see what sights we’ll be able to see. Setting myself up for a return trip with my husband!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

😂

Pre covid it was salad, a different pasta every day and pizza made to order and tiramisu.  Very nice break from DR or Buffet.

That’s what you’re going to let me know now.  
Are you on the ship?  Or just kidding?

We loved stopping there most people thought it was a charge venue the first time we were on the Regal. No wait for most of the week then word traveled 😊. Our second trip on her after the second day there was a line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

We loved stopping there most people thought it was a charge venue the first time we were on the Regal. No wait for most of the week then word traveled 😊. Our second trip on her after the second day there was a line.

Same happened to us!  We should have kept it a secret, right?  😋

• Like 2

Thank you so much for posting your wonderful information and pictures. Our grand-daughter, my husband and I are cruising on the Regal Nov. 6th. from Spain to Rome so loving your posts - thanks again and enjoy!

• Like 1

Thank you CruzerDeb!  Wonderful pictures and showing us how the ship looks now.  It is very helpful.

I’m flying Saga class on Icelandair, BOS to Rome, and so looking forward to it.  Have done Lufthansa and Air France as well as AA 1st class in past.  Only do short hauls economy.  

Again, thank you!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

We so loved the Regal in the Fall of 2018. We were with my sister and BIL and had a blast! 

In October we did a cruise round trip from Rome and did 3 nights in Rome pre-cruise. We fell in love with Rome and soul love to return.

• Like 1

Day Two - Naples

We booked “Easy Naples” through Princess and were told to meet in Symphony MDR at 1:00. There were 5-6 different groups meeting there for several different tours. They were very organized and had water available to purchase before the excursion. Some people were upset that it wasn’t free. 

There were @40 of us a large, air-conditioned bus for this very informative tour. We enjoyed our guide, Ida. We made two stops, one Oceanside so we could get pictures of Mt. Vesuvius and Capri, and another so we could enjoy either a free scoop of gelato or a soft drink. 

It was a very informative tour, with the only negative being the inability to really take any pictures around Naples. 

17C743F7-60B9-4DA5-A623-0983922003DC.thumb.jpeg.89e3ec433bb6c8a8e59c049c9e5661f6.jpeg

661A9C47-5478-4042-B001-BCA5A61A1857.thumb.jpeg.d24e39ba44aef32d2d5864df1cd3fc53.jpeg

137B6D2D-2432-496F-9CA3-0F2D9B375449.thumb.jpeg.07cb721166093164eeb31b785ed7220a.jpeg

2804AA92-ADA0-46F7-925C-F2A7DA392371.thumb.jpeg.e02867e2bb141cfeacde1b7a534cd57d.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You covered many places when you arrived in Rome. There is so much to see,it is a challenge to fit everything in during a very short stay.

I think your Mom did great !

I am approaching seventy and,as I read your posts about your Rome sightseeing, I was questioning myself if I could have kept up the pace!

I hope you both continue to enjoy your time on the Regal Princess!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 1

Day Two - Naples, con.

(2nd time trying to post this; first one disappeared.)

We had reservations at Crown Grill for dinner and it did not disappoint! I had black & blue onion soup, filet mignon, loaded baked potato and triple chocolate treasure. The only slight disappointment was with the loaded baked potato; it was a little small (which turned out to be the perfect size), there weren’t very many toppings and it was barely warm. The dessert was amazing!!

We rushed from dinner to the show in Princess Theater, which was a singer named Paul Blake. He was excellent. After the show, I had to get a Bellini from Bellini’s and we listened to the great music in the piazza. 

E613B21D-F05D-4F90-870A-7374A2A19684.thumb.jpeg.1301a2fc8b014750f762708e13801ad9.jpeg

702E29CA-7104-4C1F-8353-14D2187A5BE0.thumb.jpeg.93283c33bffb2efc60ceeec365f0a29b.jpeg

A8A7A0F0-782F-4231-A62A-EDD7E28732C1.thumb.jpeg.01ba4a545201eb498884ac378d13019e.jpeg

4B9F981F-B9BA-46FF-809A-275520A360B1.thumb.jpeg.d0c9d80e37880c57a05852425f53d317.jpeg

20B317EC-E5A8-4AC6-9407-85C169688974.thumb.jpeg.bf90d88f7293f9af6c5e77cae1f7715f.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MJSailors said:

You covered many places when you arrived in Rome. There is so much to see,it is a challenge to fit everything in during a very short stay.

I think your Mom did great !

I am approaching seventy and,as I read your posts about your Rome sightseeing, I was questioning myself if I could have kept up the pace!

I hope you both continue to enjoy your time on the Regal Princess!

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you!