Docking in FLL and flying out of Miami

We will be docking in Fort Lauderdale on the Odyssey in November but need to fly out of Miami (not FLL airport). My questions are:  Does RCCL provide a transfer to Miami airport from the ship? And if so, do we book the transfer onboard ship?

1 hour ago, zebra said:

We will be docking in Fort Lauderdale on the Odyssey in November but need to fly out of Miami (not FLL airport). My questions are:  Does RCCL provide a transfer to Miami airport from the ship? And if so, do we book the transfer onboard ship?

You can purchase ahead of time by calling or going through your TA.  The cost is $40pp and the earliest departure time for your flight is 12:30.  If you have an earlier flight time they won't let you book the transfer.

As above, cheaper and more convenient to do taxi or Uber.

But be sure to give yourself plenty of time to get through TSA at MIA.

I was there on a Wednesday morning around 7AM and the line for the regular TSA checkpoint was way down the corridor.  I had Pre-check, so was able to go to that checkpoint with about a 3 minute wait.  Colleague had to go through regular TSA checkpoint and I was sitting at the departure gate even after standing in a 10 minute line for La Carreta long before he arrive.

There's a myTSA app that can help you determine waiting times.

Edited by crewsweeper

22 minutes ago, pcur said:

ok well maybe I can call, or from port of miami to FLL cant. Tried again and says 2 to 3. 

Maybe it means sharing ? Not that I have 2 or 3. 

SAS also has a shuttle I've used before. 

20220618_141551773.jpeg

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

ok well maybe I can call, or from port of miami to FLL cant. Tried again and says 2 to 3. 

Maybe it means sharing ? Not that I have 2 or 3. 

SAS also has a shuttle I've used before. 

20220618_141551773.jpeg

I used SAS in April when I got off the Jewel in Miami and flew out of FLL.  They are only $15, and it was very easy.  SAS does not go to the Miami airport.

The web site I listed above, http://metroshuttleservice.com/Online-Booking-Shuttle-Service-Shared.html, goes to both airports from both ports, and when you go to the booking form page, it allows you to select 1 person in the "shared" ride.