Crown Princess June 18th Sailing

Riley_Mon

6 hours ago, WAvoyager said:

while they did make ISP on the 11th, they

The June 11th cruise did not go to Icy Strait Point. We were just fortunate to get in an hour early to Juneau and Victoria. 

58 minutes ago, jk04 said:

The June 11th cruise did not go to Icy Strait Point. We were just fortunate to get in an hour early to Juneau and Victoria. 

Ah - looks like I misread a post.  

I’m hoping the Crown makes ISP on the next sailing.  Really hoping we can take my daughter in o the kids rope course.  But I’m guessing we won’t be the first sailing to actually get there.  🙁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WAvoyager said:

Ah - looks like I misread a post.  

I’m hoping the Crown makes ISP on the next sailing.  Really hoping we can take my daughter in o the kids rope course.  But I’m guessing we won’t be the first sailing to actually get there.  🙁

We were actually wondering if they might give it a try, but they didn't.  It would have been nice.  Don't know the rhyme or reason as to why some sailings seem to have better speed than others.

3 minutes ago, TheValleyGirl said:

Anyone do the afternoon tea this summer and is there seating at private tables or mostly group seating as in the past?  We love enjoying this Princess activity, but with Covid concerns we may need to modify or skip this time.

We’ve always sat at private tables for afternoon tea.  (Party of four)  Didn’t get a chance to go for tea in April, so not sure if anything has changed recently.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheValleyGirl said:

Anyone do the afternoon tea this summer and is there seating at private tables or mostly group seating as in the past?  We love enjoying this Princess activity, but with Covid concerns we may need to modify or skip this time.

We were seated private. Funny thing was, there was a very long line to get in at opening. Never experienced that before, but I think we had a lot of first timers who wanted to experience it. It was very good..as always. Love the scones!

• Like 1

I just got an email from princess based on my survey from the May 28th sailing:

As a gesture of concern for your experience and gratitude for your understanding, each guest will receive a Future Cruise Credit equivalent to 50% of the cruise fare paid on this voyage. The credit may be applied to any future Princess cruise booked by January 1, 2023 and sailing by January 1, 2024, 

unfortunately, we were not planning to do a cruise next year so fcc is useless to us.

I wish they gave us an extra $100 obc like they did with the other sailings.

oh well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolvey said:

As a gesture of concern for your experience and gratitude for your understanding, each guest will receive a Future Cruise Credit equivalent to 50% of the cruise fare paid on this voyage. The credit may be applied to any future Princess cruise booked by January 1, 2023 and sailing by January 1, 2024, 

unfortunately, we were not planning to do a cruise next year so fcc is useless to us.

oh well.

50%take a short 3-4 day cruise if you can. Ask if FCC can be used by a family member.   Atleast Princess has come through.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Not transferable.

I saw another letter earlier. I think it said it could be applied to the cabin. As long as the passenger was in the cabin, the entire FCC could be applied to that cabin even if it is more than that passenger’s share.  I realize that doesn’t help much because most people travel as a couple and would have the same FCC.  But I thought that was interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

Amazing what they get away with. Seems like they continue to sell a product they know they will not deliver,  and then give you essentially a coupon to make up for it.

Yup.  A lot people on the board has said they are one and done. We have said that.  Strangely, some were happy with the fcc and will use it since they do a lot of cruises.

i guess it depends on the type of cruiser you are. 

10 minutes ago, wolvey said:

Yup.  A lot people on the board has said they are one and done. We have said that.  Strangely, some were happy with the fcc and will use it since they do a lot of cruises.

i guess it depends on the type of cruiser you are. 

It is really unfortunate that you were not aware of these ongoing problems with the Ctown.

I looked at a cruise on it but , read so many posts months back about the issues and booked the Discovery.

hope you get to use your 50% FCC 

13 hours ago, wolvey said:

oh well.

I got the same email last night, I wasn't going back to Princess either; but now will at least consider looking, I don't think I'll go on more than than just the one though. I wonder if everyone is getting this offer? I was on the May 21 sailing.

40 minutes ago, Sailor75 said:

I got the same email last night, I wasn't going back to Princess either; but now will at least consider looking, I don't think I'll go on more than than just the one though. I wonder if everyone is getting this offer? I was on the May 21 sailing.

Did you fill out the survey? My husband’s booking hasn’t gotten the email yet. He said he filed it out.  I wonder if it depends on how bad the survey was?

2 minutes ago, wolvey said:

Did you fill out the survey? My husband’s booking hasn’t gotten the email yet. He said he filed it out.  I wonder if it depends on how bad the survey was?

That would really be unfair! I hope everyone gets it. 

14 hours ago, wolvey said:

oh well.

I would take that 50% FCC over the $100 OBC.  I wonder if that was given to everyone on your sailing, or was that for 'each guest' on your booking since you provided feecback. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeno said:

I saw another letter earlier. I think it said it could be applied to the cabin. As long as the passenger was in the cabin, the entire FCC could be applied to that cabin even if it is more than that passenger’s share.  I realize that doesn’t help much because most people travel as a couple and would have the same FCC.  But I thought that was interesting. 

Yes, I did see that "exception" but as I interpret it, it means if when you apply your FCC and it is not all used up, the remainder can be applied to the 2nd person's fare which would be only useful if the second person did not have an FCC to use.

But someone not booking another Princess cruise cannot transfer their FCC to anybody else.

43 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I would take that 50% FCC over the $100 OBC.  I wonder if that was given to everyone on your sailing, or was that for 'each guest' on your booking since you provided feecback. 

i won't comment on your username....go blue 🙂

i would have liked the obc while i was on the cruise, like every other sailing got...other sailings also got the 50% OBC...so again, the may 28th is left without the extra $100 obc that everyone else got.

it does depend on the cruiser...if you didn't plan on cruising next year, FCC is useless.  i wish they extend the FCC for two years....that gives people time to do another cruise.  i'm one of those that like to have variety in my vacations each year.

Ate at Sabatinis our last full night on board, 16 deck, aft ship. People were joking the motor was about to throw a bearing the vibration was so noticeable. No way they could put guests in the aft cabins of the ship on any floor.

5 hours ago, wolvey said:

I did the survey and it wasn't good. I logged into my account but it doesn't show up yet, just the 20%, but the email said it may take up to 2 weeks. Maybe if you keep checking your accounts it will show up for both of you. I don't see how you both couldn't get it since you were traveling together.

Edited by Sailor75

1 hour ago, Sailor75 said:

I did the survey and it wasn't good. I logged into my account but it doesn't show up yet, just the 20%, but the email said it may take up to 2 weeks. Maybe if you keep checking your accounts it will show up for both of you. I don't see how you both couldn't get it since you were traveling together.

We had two different bookings (two different rooms) for my family.  I’ll check back later but it doesn’t matter much. My hubby is insistent that we’re not cruising next year so the fcc is useless. I may ask if it can be extended an extra year but again, that may not matter if we’re one and done with princess.

people may be praising the company for doing this, but I think it’s too late. They should have been upfront with everyone who books crown. Give a warning about the engine issues.  Cut the price or give the refund prior to the sailing. Many people do not cruise often so fcc is useless.

This just makes people have to stay with a company that didn’t give them good service. If they gave the May 28sailing the same extra $100 obc as every other sailing, I may have a more positive view. But since we’re out that extra money, we’re not going back to them.

• Like 2

I want to add an additional comment on my perspective from the last days of the cruise

I personally believe the number of people getting covid is vastly under represented.

I say this because I started paying attention to people sitting in the buffet and persistent coughing is prevalent. Then on the bus ride back to the airport, there were 6 people on the bus I counted that were coughing persistently as well. And that is just coughing, I don't pay attention to runny nose or  sneezing or whatever.

I don't think people are reporting it because the symptoms of it are nothing more than a bad head or perhaps flu and they aren't willing to risk quarantine to give up the freedom of the cruise.

That also leads me to wonder just how well they are cleaning non quarantine level rooms. Can you imagine going into a stateroom just 4 hours after a couple left and one or both of them having covid?

Are they really steralizing these rooms in the turnaround time it takes to setup the room, get the paperwork and all the other requirements

I would suggest that future cruises bring along some clorox wipes and wipe down the room from top to bottom the moment they arrive., tv remote, door handles, coat hangers, all of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Riley_Mon said:

I want to add an additional comment on my perspective from the last days of the cruise

I personally believe the number of people getting covid is vastly under represented.

I say this because I started paying attention to people sitting in the buffet and persistent coughing is prevalent. Then on the bus ride back to the airport, there were 6 people on the bus I counted that were coughing persistently as well. And that is just coughing, I don't pay attention to runny nose or  sneezing or whatever.

I don't think people are reporting it because the symptoms of it are nothing more than a bad head or perhaps flu and they aren't willing to risk quarantine to give up the freedom of the cruise.

That also leads me to wonder just how well they are cleaning non quarantine level rooms. Can you imagine going into a stateroom just 4 hours after a couple left and one or both of them having covid?

Are they really steralizing these rooms in the turnaround time it takes to setup the room, get the paperwork and all the other requirements

I would suggest that future cruises bring along some clorox wipes and wipe down the room from top to bottom the moment they arrive., tv remote, door handles, coat hangers, all of it.

Agree with you.

if you risk cruising now get vax, boosted, take precautions to protect yourself.  My room on Diso in May had service twice a day, without a request.

we used wipes when we sat in public areas before touching things others might have touched.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I tested positive on Saturday (self-test at home confirmed by ER visit) - currently on Paxlovid..

EDIT: double vaxed and double boasted ...

Sorry, but if I had been on a cruise ship with a couple of days until disembarkation, I would NOT have reported to medical for a test with the symptoms ( slight cough, soar throat, sneezing, but very fatiqued ) I had for fear of being quarantined, instead of driving home from FTL/PE.  I would have self-quarantined in the room with mrs voljeep ( who just took a rapid PCR and is still negative )

now my positive at the ER was reported to the local health department ( I got the email )

j/s

Sorry you got covid.  Hope you recover quickly with the Paxlovid.

• Thanks 1