4 berth room question for mobility scooters

Tammylyne

Check your ship's deck plans on cruisedeckplans dot com  and You Tube for layout, pictures, videos.

Also check location versus elevators. If near, you might be able to park your scooter in the alcove at night.

But if possible, see about changing cabins to HC.  Then request a cot or rollaway bed.

Edited by crewsweeper

9 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Also check location versus elevators. If near, you might be able to park your scooter in the alcove at night.

Carnival makes it very clear that scooters cannot be stored in the hallways or other public areas of the ship.  They have to be in the cabin.

• Like 1

Just now, nwcruiselover said:

Carnival makes it very clear that scooters cannot be stored in the hallways or other public areas of the ship.  They have to be in the cabin.

Yes, but nevertheless, scooters it outside cabins all the time.

to answer some questions, its on the Magic,
I cannot afford another cabin, there are no HC rooms available and it was unexpected to bring the scooter. There are 3 of us but we were given a 4 berth room

Edited by Tammylyne

You mention that the scooter is foldable.  The only way I see this working is if the scooter folds small enough to fit under one of the beds at night.  Carnival requires that the scooter be able to fit through a 22” door, and their rules/regulations say the scooter MAY be measured before boarding to be sure it fits through the door, and if not, boarding may be denied. 

The next question is what type of cabin?  If it is anything but an inside, the scooter could be parked in front of the couch, which most likely will be used for the third person.  Inside cabins have two bunks in the ceiling, the scooter would have to be stored at the foot of the lower beds, and it would be best if the lowers stay as twins.  EM

I have a mobility scooter that I have been using on our cruises since 2007. We book a standard balcony cabin and my scooter fits very easily.  I park in front of the sofa and we have plenty of room. My scooter also comes apart in 5 pieces so I knew DH could take it apart if necessary, but we never had to do that. He does remove the armrests from the scooter when we cruise, to make it easier to drive into the cabin,

As far as fitting a scooter into a cabin with 3 people, I think it would be tight. If it’s foldable though it might work with that number of people, but you would most likely want to have something other than an interior cabin. I use my cane to get around in cabin while scooter is parked and it’s easy. I also have a foldable scooter (luggie) which I don’t like, but I think it would definitely fit through the cabin door and in front of the cabin sofa. Hope you can figure out something and have fun on your cruise.

• Like 1

If you haven't already, try calling the special needs dept. for CCL and just ask if they can do anything to help with this (you never know unless you ask).  The worse that can happen is that they cannot do anything and you are no worse off than you are now.  But they may know something that can help out and then it will be worth the call.  Good luck!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tammylyne said:

to answer some questions, its on the Magic,
I cannot afford another cabin, there are no HC rooms available and it was unexpected to bring the scooter. There are 3 of us but we were given a 4 berth room

11 minutes ago, Drazil65 said:

If you haven't already, try calling the special needs dept. for CCL and just ask if they can do anything to help with this (you never know unless you ask).  The worse that can happen is that they cannot do anything and you are no worse off than you are now.  But they may know something that can help out and then it will be worth the call.  Good luck!

If you can provide proof of medical need for an accessible stateroom, they should be able to move you