Will we feel out of place?

HC2023

Hi all!

New to cruising but after a glowing review from a colleague we are thinking of a Celebrity Cruise next year on the Beyond.

We are late 20's/early 30's and just wondering if we will feel out of place (? too young) on a cruise. 

We like laid back experiences, notreally into crazy partying (I am usually in bed by 11pm haha!) and usually our european holidays are 5* resorts.

We love sightseeing, relaxing around the pool and nice bars for drinking cocktails.

Just hoping that we will fit in and not feel too young!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think so. There's no doubt that Celebrity passengers trend older than some other lines, but we've seen plenty around 30. You'll be fine and have a great time! 

• Like 5

I doubt you will feel out of place.    Celebrity has a nice mix of all ages.    Longer cruises 14 days plus have a tendency of having a higher age demographics because younger cruisers often have limited vacation time.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I doubt you will feel out of place.    Celebrity has a nice mix of all ages.    Longer cruises 14 days plus have a tendency of having a higher age demographics because younger cruisers often have limited vacation time.

21 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

Generally if it a 7 day cruise of less you will be great. You will enjoy the E class ships. Have fun. 

23 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I don't think so. There's no doubt that Celebrity passengers trend older than some other lines, but we've seen plenty around 30. You'll be fine and have a great time! 

Thanks all!

Looking at an 11 night one in the med next summer. We are lucky we get quick a generous annual leave amount.

I love the itinerary and my other half is happy as long as he is well fed and watered!

• Like 4

There were many in their 20's and 30's on our 6 day cruise last week.  Agree with others that the longer the cruise the older the passengers tend to be.  That said, there was an 85 year old woman on our cruise that ran circles around everybody onboard.

• Like 2

I was similar to you and cruised a number of cruise lines in my early 20s to 30s - never felt out of place even on the ships with older crowds - I always found everyone friendly to me cos I was one of the youngsters on the older ships. 

But celebrity is one of the younger ones and we certainly never felt out of place 

• Like 1

I don't think you will at all. My first Celebrity cruise was in my early 30's. We are definitely towards the younger end of the crowd but the average age also isn't 80 either. I think Beyond will still tend to appeal to some younger guests which may bring down the average age a bit more too. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HC2023 said:

Thanks all!

Looking at an 11 night one in the med next summer. We are lucky we get quick a generous annual leave amount.

I love the itinerary and my other half is happy as long as he is well fed and watered!

Having been on many port intensive Med 11 nighters, while you might be younger than many of us,  I think there might be a few nights when you may be just as tired from experiencing so many fantastic life-time memories!!🤩👍

• Like 1

Same with our kids. Started as Teens and love it now as adults. They also have careers that have Lots of time off and they cruise when they can. And Celebrity is their pick.

And OP, the description of what you enjoy lines up with the Celebrity crowd a good deal. More low key, can entertain themselves and don’t need ‘Hairy Chest Contests’ or Gonga lines and so on. What’s neat about the Euro cruises is lots of Europeans on them also which makes life so interesting. 

Come join us!

den

• Like 1

You should feel right in. We just got off of a 10 day Euro cruise, I was surprised as to how many younger ones there were. We're in our 50's, and I enjoyed the variety of ages. If you like pool and drinks, then it should be ok. The ONLY thing, the music by the pool, IMHO! Older stuff, if you don't mind, then great, if you do, take earbuds! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HC2023 said:

Thanks all!

If you are going on a Med cruise, the demographics are so much more diverse including all ages and Europeans.   You won't be disappointed.   

• Like 1

You shouldn’t. We met a 20-something couple on our RCI Alaska cruise. They were only sailing RCI to attain D+ status…and were headed back to Celebrity, which is their favorite. We chatted some, they find that Celebrity fits their lifestyle best and really love Celebrity!  Hope you have a great cruise. 🙂

• Like 1

HC2023, welcome to cruise critic.  You will learn a ton of things on here.

I don't think you will feel out of place on Celebrity at all.  I wish I could change ages with you and do it all again.

Enjoy your cruise and book another while you are on board!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HC2023 said:

Hi all!

New to cruising but after a glowing review from a colleague we are thinking of a Celebrity Cruise next year on the Beyond.

We are late 20's/early 30's and just wondering if we will feel out of place (? too young) on a cruise. 

We like laid back experiences, notreally into crazy partying (I am usually in bed by 11pm haha!) and usually our european holidays are 5* resorts.

We love sightseeing, relaxing around the pool and nice bars for drinking cocktails.

Just hoping that we will fit in and not feel too young!

Sailed Edge 2 weeks last summer & Apex 1 week this spring. (both the same class--Eclass)

We are in our 50s.

But we discovered Celebrity 8 years ago in our 40s after sailing Princess, DCL & RCCL.

We find the service & food to be a step up on Celebrity from other main stream lines.

We found the average age to be a bit younger on Eclass ships than other Celebrity ships. 

We find Eclass ships to be AMAZING--absolutely gorgeous.

Met the nicest couple in their 30s last summer on the Edge & they are hooked on Celebrity.

If you like sightseeing, relaxing by the pool & nice bars--you are in for a treat.

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

You’ll be fine!  My daughter and her hubby are sailing on Celebrity Beyond to celebrate her turning 29 and Elite on the same cruise.  We took her on her first Celebrity cruise at 20 in 2014.  Took her and her BF on a holiday cruise in 2015.  They bought their own honeymoon on Celebrity. 
Folks of all ages are on Celebrity cruises.  There will be fewer younger folks on longer cruises, but anything 10 nights or less?  You’ll be fine. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Same with our kids. Started as Teens and love it now as adults. They also have careers that have Lots of time off and they cruise when they can. And Celebrity is their pick.

This is our kids exactly. They're now 30 and 32 and Celebrity is their cruise line of choice.

• Like 1

And as to age…….I may be 76 but I’m still a young man, at least until I have to pick something up from the floor!  When I’m driving along and some old man  is driving the exact speed limit in the left lane and I glare at them as I blow by and yell, to myself just in case they are armed!, “You Old Geezer!!”……then i catch the sight of my balding grey head in the rear view mirror…Oh well.

I love talking with the younger generations, they have so much to share and make me think more. So come join us and lets enjoy!

den

• Like 3
  • Haha 1