Checking in on App -- What's Needed

ScottC4746

Basically you will need the following:

Passport (easiest to use phone for this to just scan the code at bottom and it automatically fills in

Passengers Full Name as on your PP

Credit Card Number and expiration date

Time you wish to board

Vac Certificates (I think you can upload at any time)  If using phone you just shoot a picture of either 1 side or both if vax record on both sides.

By the way -  You can do on either a PC or Phone and/or switch back and forth. 

I usually initially go in and select a boarding time to assure the time I want.   Once locked in you can do the rest at anytime.    I usually then scan Passports In and fill in the rest of the data.

As Jelayne said you will have to take a picture at some point.   I usually do that on my pc as I have a couple pictures I use stored on my pc and just upload them instead of having to shoot a picture of each of us for each boarding pass as we usually are taking multi consecutive cruises.   You can also just shoot a picture from your phone and can change it later if you don't like it. 

I'll try to come back and give some more tomorrow as one of mine opens for check-in tomorrow.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Basically you will need the following:

Passport (easiest to use phone for this to just scan the code at bottom and it automatically fills in

Passengers Full Name as on your PP

Credit Card Number and expiration date

Time you wish to board

Vac Certificates (I think you can upload at any time)  If using phone you just shoot a picture of either 1 side or both if vax record on both sides.

By the way -  You can do on either a PC or Phone and/or switch back and forth. 

I usually initially go in and select a boarding time to assure the time I want.   Once locked in you can do the rest at anytime.    I usually then scan Passports In and fill in the rest of the data.

As Jelayne said you will have to take a picture at some point.   I usually do that on my pc as I have a couple pictures I use stored on my pc and just upload them instead of having to shoot a picture of each of us for each boarding pass as we usually are taking multi consecutive cruises.   You can also just shoot a picture from your phone and can change it later if you don't like it. 

I'll try to come back and give some more tomorrow as one of mine opens for check-in tomorrow.

When we sailed in December I was able to choose a picture we already had, but when we checked in for our May and July sailings I had to snap a selfie. It wouldn’t let me choose a picture that I already have. Wonder why you can 🤔

Also be absolutely positive you have the credit card used to check in on the app in your hand at the pier.  I checked us in using my card.  DW was with the rest of our group.  Her card had a different number.  Took about 20 minutes to sort.  She had to check in again from the beginning and then I had to sort out the mess on board. 

4 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

When we sailed in December I was able to choose a picture we already had, but when we checked in for our May and July sailings I had to snap a selfie. It wouldn’t let me choose a picture that I already have. Wonder why you can 🤔

I had photos on my phone in readiness.

It rejected mine, but accepted my husband’s, so I then took a selfie, which was accepted.

13 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I don't select a picture.   

What I did was I snapped a picture on my phone (on a previous cruise) .   On my PC I right clicked on my picture and then saved it to my PC.   I tried to use it on a new cruise and it rejected saying it had to be xxx pixels by xxx.    I resized the photo to the requirement and saved it on my pc.   I now have the photos in the proper size on my PC and each cruise just upload to photo for the particular cruise. 

4 hours ago, dream2cruise said:

At what point do you need to do the photo?  I am checked in except for health questions.

It is on the first page of questions where you enter or scan your passport.  You don't have to do it at the time you do the check-in.   You can come back late and do it if you choose

Ok ---   I've checked in except for my picture and Vax which I'll do later this morning.

Here's a couple things I learned.

1.  On the App when you press head silhouette it will show you when Check-In opens up (usually 45 days).      I live on the West coast and checked at 9:15 PM (12:15 Eastern) and it was available for check in.    Never knew it opened exactly at 12:01 Eastern.

2.    On a Phone you can go directly to check-in Time and Select a time (you have to do individually for each passenger.

3.  First Page scan your passport or manually enter data and take picture.   Also want country of birth and Country of Residence, Captain's Club Number, address and emergency contact, Credit Card number and expiration.    Finally read and accept terms   If no photo just say not now.

4.   Choose arrow next to Arrival time an select arrival time ( you can do this at any time)

5. Vaccination details  - Asks what vaccine and date of last of Original Vacccination.   You can also either take a picture of your card  or upload.   There is also a choice to add additional picture if on more than one card.   They also have a block to add booster (optional).   In my case all are one one side of my original card.   Snap ... Snap and submit

It shows pending until Celebrity approves vaccination certificate.  

You later come back at 48 hours prior to cruise and complete health questionnaire.

31 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is on the first page of questions where you enter or scan your passport.  You don't have to do it at the time you do the check-in.   You can come back late and do it if you choose

Thank you.  Somehow I must have completely missed it.  It looks like the app requires taking a selfie from your phone.  I was able to go to the web application and upload photos we had taken.

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Ok ---   I've checked in except for my picture and Vax which I'll do later this morning.

1.  On the App when you press head silhouette it will show you when Check-In opens up (usually 45 days).      I live on the West coast and checked at 9:15 PM (12:15 Eastern) and it was available for check in.    Never knew it opened exactly at 12:01 Eastern.

2.    On a Phone you can go directly to check-in Time and Select a time (you have to do individually for each passenger.

3.  First Page scan your passport or manually enter data and take picture.   Also want country of birth and Country of Residence, Captain's Club Number, address and emergency contact, Credit Card number and expiration.    Finally read and accept terms   If no photo just say not now.

4.   Choose arrow next to Arrival time an select arrival time ( you can do this at any time)

5. Vaccination details  - Asks what vaccine and date of last of Original Vacccination.   You can also either take a picture of your card  or upload.   There is also a choice to add additional picture if on more than one card.   They also have a block to add booster (optional).   In my case all are one one side of my original card.   Snap ... Snap and submit

You later come back at 48 hours prior to cruise and complete health questionnaire.

Check in doesn’t always happen at midnight eastern. It did for our December sailing, but we sailed last month and it didn’t open until 7:00 pm. We sail next month and it opened sometime during the middle of the night. I was on at midnight and 12:30 and nothing, but I woke up at 4 am and it was there. Just have to keep checking 

2 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

Thank you.  Somehow I must have completely missed it.  It looks like the app requires taking a selfie from your phone.  I was able to go to the web application and upload photos we had taken.

Yes.... you can do a selfie but I always look like a drunk with my eyes pointed weirdly.   You can also have someone take a picture of you that works much better.   

• Haha 1

Is anyone else having a problem with the app?  Yesterday the Celebrity app was on my list of upgraded apps, so I upgraded it and now I am unable to log in.  I assume I will have to uninstall and reinstall the app eventually- but we are sailing on the Eclipse on Sunday and on this newest version of the app, the Eclipse is not listed as a ship that is supported.

We have three cruises booked this summer. We are checked in for two and have uploaded vaccine information for the first cruise. How do we switch to the second cruise on the app to input vaccine information? I have updated the app. signed in, signed out, clicked on everything I see from top to bottom, but I cannot get the second cruise to come up on the app. We were able to print out our express passes for the second cruise, so we are good there--just need the cruise to show on the app.

4 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

We have three cruises booked this summer. We are checked in for two and have uploaded vaccine information for the first cruise. How do we switch to the second cruise on the app to input vaccine information? I have updated the app. signed in, signed out, clicked on everything I see from top to bottom, but I cannot get the second cruise to come up on the app. We were able to print out our express passes for the second cruise, so we are good there--just need the cruise to show on the app.

on the App --   click on the head icon

Underneath where it says 12 night Greenland and Iceland select teal select a different sailing.

Choose your next cruise from the list or if you ant to look at a different ship you don't have a booking at the bottom you can select see other ships we support

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rotoal said:

Is anyone else having a problem with the app?  Yesterday the Celebrity app was on my list of upgraded apps, so I upgraded it and now I am unable to log in.  I assume I will have to uninstall and reinstall the app eventually- but we are sailing on the Eclipse on Sunday and on this newest version of the app, the Eclipse is not listed as a ship that is supported.

I just updated my software and it works perfect.   I didn't even get a log on screen it remembered my credentials.   I guess time to uninstall and reinstall.

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

on the App --   click on the head icon

Underneath where it says 12 night Greenland and Iceland select teal select a different sailing.

Choose your next cruise from the list or if you ant to look at a different ship you don't have a booking at the bottom you can select see other ships we support

Thanks, I missed the spot where it said, "select a different sailing." 

4 hours ago, Glendakayself said:

Thanks, I missed the spot where it said, "select a different sailing." 

The app is not as intuitive as one would like but it's better than it use to be.   You can also get to it by clicking on Calendar Icon -  At the very bottom in Teal again -  Chang Ship/Date

I've used it so often I have gotten to know many of it's quirks.

4 hours ago, Inspirazione said:

We are traveling with another couple and our reservations are linked.  I can check-in for them to get our boarding time and then they can go in to add their photos and credit card info, correct?

Yes that is possible.     Once the check in time is in they will see it on any device they use to complete reservation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thank you this is super helpful as hopefully I'll have my check in open tomorrow as I'm 46 days out. We'll see when it opens as I get up stupid early (I swear I still live on UK time even in Canada)

EDIT: Scrap that my check in just opened

Edited by Lena11033

1 hour ago, Lena11033 said:

Thank you this is super helpful as hopefully I'll have my check in open tomorrow as I'm 46 days out. We'll see when it opens as I get up stupid early (I swear I still live on UK time even in Canada)

EDIT: Scrap that my check in just opened

Either that or just stay up late and choose your checkin slot.    They  open at Midnight Eastern.    Actually there really isn't a great rush and if you check in the first couple day you can get the earliest check in time.