Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

47 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I saw Cats about a million years ago in Edinburgh and quite enjoyed it. DH, who admittedly was a lot younger then and less likely to fall asleep during a performance, managed to stay awake for the whole thing, although he wasn't exactly wildly enthusiastic about it at the end. We have not yet seen it on board but I bet when we do he won't go the full distance. 😄

Now, the onboard show we really hated was Hairspray, which was on Harmony during her inaugural season. I stuck it out for the whole thing because we were right in the middle of the row, but DH climbed over everyone to get out! Since that day we always always always sit at the end of the row so we can make a discreet getaway if necessary! 😄

If you want isle seats then get to the theater early… I was there at 2:30 for 3pm show and all the isle seats are pretty much gone.  My row had no problem climbing over me to get out… we started out 90% full we finished at 70%.

No heavy lunch and no desserts before Cats … that should help to stay awake… by that memories song just puts you to sleep though…

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, mathmagician said:

Please do share the MacGyvering of said nachos...

Start with the large plate, a single layer of nachos ( not a pile , not a mountain), cheese sauce dripped over every chip, beans, meats of your choice, a pile or guacamole, drizzle of the sour cream, cilantro, lightly sprinkled lettuce, shredded cheese and then chopped tomato mix. Add hot sauce, wash it down with a frozen marg … snack after the pool… you are welcome! 😂 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 12:51 PM, FionaMG said:

Benny, I'm wondering if you (or anyone else who is on board with you and/or following the thread) know if the current 5 pm closing time at Kennedy Space Center is the normal (i.e. pre-Covid) closing time or if it would usually be open later than that? We'd like to go but with a 1 pm arrival time into PC it doesn't seem like we'd get long enough there for it to be worthwhile. :classic_sad:

9 AM to 5 PM every day!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@BennyBrun have you eaten at the WJ for breakfast and seen any Indian food selections? I got turned onto to Indian breakfast items on my cruise on Explorer. It was so good.

I am not a windjammer breakfast and lunch person due to the overcrowding but I k Le for a fact that there are Indian breakfast items up there … it is just too crazy to go there in the morning / lunch.  I usually do MDR or Park Cafe or JR for breakfast much more civilized 😂 

• Like 1

Day 6 MDR 

Jumanji Time!  Let the game begin … Remember that with set time dinning you have 30 minutes to sit down … after 30 minutes your table is released to My Time Dinning.  I saw plenty of musical chairs tonight due to late arrivals !

288DC63B-C2D3-4943-B7BE-6B39F519935F.jpeg

D761B308-3D10-46B7-9095-E28F5588DACD.jpeg

1EF94B8C-856B-49D7-8E26-CBB96C83606A.jpeg

3167A7E4-6C41-4140-AAF0-7CCFFFCDF62B.jpeg

• Like 1

The WiFi has been so incredibly frustrating. Interfering with following and contributing to this thread!

@BennyBrunI hope you don’t have too much work to do. I can’t even log into my work outlook half the time. 

I said I would compare Oasis gym to Harmony gym. ( was on Harmony early April). I liked the “ workout space” where classes are held on Harmony better. More private. I tend to do my own thing and I feel in display here on Oasis. 

As far as classes ,haven’t taken many on this ship, though the fitness instructor is healthy on this ship. The same arrogant “ I’m a cruise fitness instructor and you are just trying to pretend to workout on your vacation “ attitude. Ugh. The Harmony instructor at least seemed to care and be nice  when I first met him. 

Anyway, ab class on Day 2 was INSANE with crowds. Never saw such a crowded class. I’ve bailed on it after that since I was having sleeping issues, but some have said it’s still been busy. 

I like the amount of treadmills and I LOVE the hand weight selection for women (5-15 pounds). Harmony had those standard smelly metal weights. Plus this ship has HUGE  exercise mats and plenty available  to use. 

Crowds not bad in morning like 8/9 ish. Seemed to get busier today after 10. I’ve been going most days. Never had problem getting a treadmill. 

But I also use 5 th floor walking track. That has been busy at all times of morning and afternoon.  I was a bit surprised, then again this ship is super packed! 

sorry for the “ book”. 😏

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

The WiFi has been so incredibly frustrating. Interfering with following and contributing to this thread!

@BennyBrunI hope you don’t have too much work to do. I can’t even log into my work outlook half the time. 

I said I would compare Oasis gym to Harmony gym. ( was on Harmony early April). I liked the “ workout space” where classes are held on Harmony better. More private. I tend to do my own thing and I feel in display here on Oasis. 

As far as classes ,haven’t taken many on this ship, though the fitness instructor is healthy on this ship. The same arrogant “ I’m a cruise fitness instructor and you are just trying to pretend to workout on your vacation “ attitude. Ugh. The Harmony instructor at least seemed to care and be nice  when I first met him. 

Anyway, ab class on Day 2 was INSANE with crowds. Never saw such a crowded class. I’ve bailed on it after that since I was having sleeping issues, but some have said it’s still been busy. 

I like the amount of treadmills and I LOVE the hand weight selection for women (5-15 pounds). Harmony had those standard smelly metal weights. Plus this ship has HUGE  exercise mats and plenty available  to use. 

Crowds not bad in morning like 8/9 ish. Seemed to get busier today after 10. I’ve been going most days. Never had problem getting a treadmill. 

But I also use 5 th floor walking track. That has been busy at all times of morning and afternoon.  I was a bit surprised, then again this ship is super packed! 

sorry for the “ book”. 😏

Thank you sooooo much for the input.  I love it and sincerely appreciate another insight another point of view.  

I actually got a lot of work done.  The trick in case you missed it is that when you move from location to location you need to turn off the Wi-Fi and then turn it back on to pick it up at the new location.  So when I move from MDR to theater I turn on and off and it works great again!  In my room I have to use it closer to the balcony to pick up the Wi-Fi from Central Park.

He does give off at vibe when I first met him but to give him credit he is actually a very nice guy to talk to once you get to know him a bit and ask him some questions.  I think it’s the accent… 😂 

• Thanks 2