Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

7 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4 Aqua 80

Loved the show … the teens that sat around me not so much … talked the whole time… when they stopped talking to each other they talked about how he could do the high dive, the dance,  the tight rope walking… I was praying for them to turn up the music more to drown the conversation out…

F348FCFB-EF3B-4065-9EB6-6E2BB9588A76.jpeg

42EF3022-03D4-48A5-931A-BCEDC40834D5.jpeg

47F3FE6B-92FF-42E5-B79C-D5F091AD9894.jpeg

43A9068F-A6FC-4E4A-9CDA-2FFB3DEDF35A.jpeg

98713DDE-E740-4782-968C-C08719814D89.jpeg

A004414C-8191-412E-B0C2-92AFFCB6822E.jpeg

56EBB96C-8DD5-4066-94FF-C6261FA02BB8.jpeg

D8DB11E7-5466-4CB9-AAB3-8D3BFA8D4D7D.jpeg

6E57A4C5-D99D-4924-9E9F-CDF14A538A71.jpeg

Then you would have appreciated my teens. They were in awe, didn’t take their eyes off the show and gave it  300 out of 10!

• Like 5

I am going to miss the reduced occupancy ! Seeing the crazy pictures of the Promenade, El Loco Fresh, Aqua80, etc. is distressing. Thankfully I am not on Oasis until mid-September.  Harmony in August will be interesting. 

We have sailed O-class many times pre-pandemic with full ships, but as we get older, I would rather not....

Just not my definition of a relaxing vacation. I can just imagine the elevators....

mac_tlc

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I am going to miss the reduced occupancy ! Seeing the crazy pictures of the Promenade, El Loco Fresh, Aqua80, etc. is distressing. Thankfully I am not on Oasis until mid-September.  Harmony in August will be interesting. 

We have sailed O-class many times pre-pandemic with full ships, but as we get older, I would rather not....

Just not my definition of a relaxing vacation. I can just imagine the elevators....

mac_tlc

It was a bit much with the crowd but because I have been on this ship I have the luxury of turning around and go some where else where there is less of a crowd and enjoy myself.  I heard that next week is about 6600.  

On 6/27/2022 at 8:57 AM, bobmacliberty said:

I always wondered about the logistics of buying art.  Do you need to bring it home with you or will they ship it?  Does it include the frame or do they give you the print in a rolled canister?  

I purchased a painting by Duaiv on Serenade at auction for $1000.  I was given choice of frame, no extra charge and was shipped to my home, free.  Arrived a couple weeks after cruise.

Out of curiosity if I had overpaid I had it appraised and was told $1800 to $2000.

• Like 5

Day 4

Aqua 80… see it… it’s worth the time !  They provided towels for those that sat upfront!  I got splashed a few times and I was sitting about 5 rows up… the water was nice and warm !  Like bath water !

4857C205-62FC-46E9-892E-5B46B2FF4E26.jpeg

73EA872C-8C2C-4AA1-ADD1-80A06E6F3F84.jpeg

EA9EB7B2-2E2D-4979-AE47-AEBA42BAF5B4.jpeg

C8ADC09D-616E-4007-8BB9-C9D906B36F14.jpeg

3DD4F059-0D58-48D5-82C0-66B7D5FF807B.jpeg

7082EDA7-0B8A-460A-9603-DC918FED7219.jpeg

C8707B24-662C-4533-AF27-D943324D01ED.jpeg

ACD9700B-D814-4500-8A82-221BC19B6CDC.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RisingTideRenee said:

For anyone currently in Oasis in a balcony cabin, how big are the drawers by the desk? I have some 11" x 5" drawer organizers and I'm wondering if they will fit. 

Yes, they should fit.  I'm not onboard now to measure but I use packing cubes and have no problem fitting them in the drawers.

• Thanks 2

Appreciate the on-going review and photos!

I'll be on board 7/15.  First Royal cruise.  I'll reserve final judgment for my actual experience but based on this review and plenty of others I have a feeling I'll walk away saying the crowds are a bit much, but still, it looks like it will be a blast to experience the Oasis class. Can't wait!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Trust me I know… back then the DDP was much less … I think I used to pay $48.99 - $56.99 depending on the sale.

We are getting the DDP for $66pp and it's $77pp now. The cheapest we ever got it was $42pp and I think those days are sadly long gone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

It was a bit much with the crowd but because I have been on this ship I have the luxury of turning around and go some where else where there is less of a crowd and enjoy myself.  I heard that next week is about 6600.  

Ugh!

we’re on the Jul 22 sailing.  With numbers like that, I’m NOT looking forward to it!

Benny,

Could you do us a favor and see if the Italian restaurant serves Cacio e Pepe? I’d appreciate it!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Appreciate the on-going review and photos!

I'll be on board 7/15.  First Royal cruise.  I'll reserve final judgment for my actual experience but based on this review and plenty of others I have a feeling I'll walk away saying the crowds are a bit much, but still, it looks like it will be a blast to experience the Oasis class. Can't wait!

Welcome to Royal!  Have a game plan but don’t try to fit too much in.  As soon as you can connect to the ship’s WiFi make your show reservations first.  Turn on airplane mode, connect to WiFi and if you have VPN or private surfing it might interfere you will know when it won’t let you reserve the shows you will have to disable that to reserve shows and stuff.  Windjammer will be packed so why not relax make show reservations at the promenade then your room will be ready, drop the stuff off then go to Windjammer for a meal!

Expect crowds so you are mentally prepared!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are getting the DDP for $66pp and it's $77pp now. The cheapest we ever got it was $42pp and I think those days are sadly long gone.

$42 … gee if that ever shows up again their server will down because it will be overwhelmed and the phones will be ringing off for all the price adjustments…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Cobra1365 said:

Ugh!

we’re on the Jul 22 sailing.  With numbers like that, I’m NOT looking forward to it!

Benny,

Could you do us a favor and see if the Italian restaurant serves Cacio e Pepe? I’d appreciate it!

Wow you are at the peak summer sailing too!  They do not serve Cacio e Pepe but you can ask them to make it but remember it will be their interpretation!  I recommend asking them make the carbonara without the carbonara sauce ( they use this weird liquid cream sauce and not an actual egg yolk) and just add olive oil and cheese and pepper and hold the pancetta if you don’t like it, I tell them to put extra because the pancetta is the best part 😆 

• Like 1

Thank You so much for doing this we are sailing Oasis over NYE and its good to see pictures of what a full ship will look like. Its been so long since we cruised. 

I did not buy the UDP cause I wanted a "sale" on the price and now its not available Oh well no one will go hungry.   Do you think the MDR menus will be the same in December?   Can you look at the whole weeks menus online or just 1 day at a time?

20 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Interesting. Thanks. Trying to decide if we're better off going early May (fewer peeps but maybe dodgy weather), late May (better weather, more peeps) or hedge our bets and go mid-month (best or worst of both worlds)! :classic_laugh:

Not long now till that Greece cruise! :classic_smile:

We always cruise early to mid May and have never encountered bad weather 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jenjer said:

Thank You so much for doing this we are sailing Oasis over NYE and its good to see pictures of what a full ship will look like. Its been so long since we cruised. 

I did not buy the UDP cause I wanted a "sale" on the price and now its not available Oh well no one will go hungry.   Do you think the MDR menus will be the same in December?   Can you look at the whole weeks menus online or just 1 day at a time?

The MDR menu might change slightly .. but basically it’s the same.  You can see a few days worth but I have found that sometimes it’s not there, sometimes it’s not correct.

• Like 1