Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

28 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Thanks for another fun review, Benny. I'll be ready for our dueling reviews in September!!!

BTW, I was on the Waldo watch in May and was also unsuccessful -- and I was in one of his pictures !!!!!

mac_tlc

Waldo blends in 😂 … you didn’t spot me with my big hat lol ?  Can’t wait for another dueling review with you on the Symphony… will be on it for two weeks so it will certainly be an adventure!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank so much … I hope that you will have a fantastic cruise and that the liquor selection will be better come September… yeap I am also known as Waldo since I blend in with the crowd 😆 

I hope we meet. Look for me in my Sea Dog t-shirts or polos with the logo. I may need to post a new profile pic as I have lost weight and my face is skinnier and I shaved all my hair off during the pandemic.

55 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Thanks for another fun review, Benny. I'll be ready for our dueling reviews in September!!!

BTW, I was on the Waldo watch in May and was also unsuccessful -- and I was in one of his pictures !!!!!

mac_tlc

Are you on the September 17th Symphony sailing? If so it will be fun with reviews. I'm doing one on the UDP. IT will fun to compare notes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope we meet. Look for me in my Sea Dog t-shirts or polos with the logo. I may need to post a new profile pic as I have lost weight and my face is skinnier and I shaved all my hair off during the pandemic.

Are you on the September 17th Symphony sailing? If so it will be fun with reviews. I'm doing one on the UDP. IT will fun to compare notes.

We are on the 9/18 Oasis sailing. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Waldo blends in 😂 … you didn’t spot me with my big hat lol ?  Can’t wait for another dueling review with you on the Symphony… will be on it for two weeks so it will certainly be an adventure!

I didn't know about the big hat!!!🤣

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:32 AM, mac_tlc said:

We are on the 9/18 Oasis sailing. 

mac_tlc

Oh no I am on the Symphony on 9/17 … I guess we will have to do a side by side comparison on which ship has the the better liquor selection 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 10:45 AM, Sea Dog said:

It will be more fun for you to find Waldo lol 😆 kind of like finding the bourbon you like on the Symphony 😂 😂 😂 except I don’t know which one is harder !  I am looking forward to your review on the UDP.  Symphony is one of the Oasis class ships that I find UDP to be an excellent value!  I hope you will enjoy every bite!

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:00 AM, Project-College said:

Anybody on this cruise that had the UDP.... how do they treat Izumi?????

UDP at Izumi will give you $35.00 credit per person that has the package.  If you use UDP to have Teppanyaki then there will be $10.00 upcharge plus gratuity per person.

18 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Oh no I am on the Symphony on 9/17 … I guess we will have to do a side by side comparison on which ship has the the better liquor selection 😂 

We are also on Harmony 8/14, in 4-bredroom Villa Suite. Let's see what the genie can find in the liquor cabinet!!!

mac_tlc

On 6/26/2022 at 5:21 PM, BennyBrun said:

OMG you should see this on Sea Day when it’s packed… I thought to myself why would I pay money when there are people surrounding me in lounge chairs and constantly walking pass me for the entire day?  There are dirty dishes piled around it, empty cups, granted eventually it is cleaned up but still..

I completely agree, the positioning is worse than any regular lounger, why would anyone pay for this location? For the life of me; I can’t figure out why whoever is in charge of this design would think anyone would pay for this? I would happily pay for one with an unobstructed view of sea.

• Like 1

Hi Benny - did you have to make reservations to use the gym ?   We've sailed Oasis and Anthem since re--opening (but at 50% capacity) and reservations were not required, but friends just got off Adventure and said the gym was requiring reservations. 

Just wondering if this is a "full capacity" thing.... 

Thanks !

14 hours ago, Snoopycollector said:

Hi Benny - did you have to make reservations to use the gym ?   We've sailed Oasis and Anthem since re--opening (but at 50% capacity) and reservations were not required, but friends just got off Adventure and said the gym was requiring reservations. 

Just wondering if this is a "full capacity" thing.... 

Thanks !

I was on the adventure in May of this year and reservations are NOT required to use the gym.  Reservations are also NOT required on the Oasis.  I have never needed any reservations at the gym on any Royal Caribbean ships I have been on this year.  I know that on adventure of the seas there was a rogue notice about reservations on a wall in the back but I think they just forgot to take that down because you come and go as you please at the gym during opening hours.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:38 AM, mac_tlc said:

We are also on Harmony 8/14, in 4-bredroom Villa Suite. Let's see what the genie can find in the liquor cabinet!!!

mac_tlc

That sounds fabulous!  I bet they can rub a lamp and find you something that will satisfy you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I was on the adventure in May of this year and reservations are NOT required to use the gym.  Reservations are also NOT required on the Oasis.  I have never needed any reservations at the gym on any Royal Caribbean ships I have been on this year.  I know that on adventure of the seas there was a rogue notice about reservations on a wall in the back but I think they just forgot to take that down because you come and go as you please at the gym during opening hours.

Thanks !!  I was hoping this was the case.... my friends hadn't cruised in awhile so they may not have known to ask.

• Like 1

Hi Benny~ Thank you so much for taking us along on your Oasis sailing. Great photos & fun comments! Brought back many wonderful memories. DH & I moved from NY 5 years ago & have sailed the Oasis class ships many times. . Symphony was Nov 30, 2019- our last before COVID shut everything down. We remember 6000 balloons dropped at midnight and all the wonderful music & shows! A cruise we will never forget! We are older, but love Dazzles, Boleros, Jazz on 4 & all of the amazing shows!! We sail Celebrity quite a bit also, especially post COVID. Actually sailing Sunday on the Equinox. As you are familiar- driving to the port is just great! 

if I may a few questions. We are thinking about a sailing on Symphony again perhaps in September. We are finally Diamond based on our Celebrity Elite status.  The drink package price is insane & we can’t believe the empty shelves!!! Apart from my husband having a Johnny Walker cocktail pre dinner, we mainly drink wine through the evening. With the 4 coupons (each) if a wine is over $13, can you pay the difference?? Are there decent wines in the $ 13 range ? Does this cover gratuities? 

I think Oasis changed Dazzles to the Music Hall? Do they still have the great bands there in the evenings? I believe Dazzles is still on Symphony . 

Thanks much Benny! Appreciate whatever else you can share! 
Paula

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 10:13 AM, BennyBrun said:

Thank you for coming along… yeap Greece will be the next one … I will not fill another one before that because it will be Summer peak here so I will wait for another 26 days before I start my journey over to Greece!

Benny, is your Greece cruise on a cruise line other than RCCL? If so, would you please post a link in this thread so we can find you. Also so I don’t forget to look 😱 I’d like to do a Greece/Med cruise at some point. For now it will have to be virtual. I’ll take what I can get. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 8:52 PM, bandp407 said:

Hi Benny~ Thank you so much for taking us along on your Oasis sailing. Great photos & fun comments! Brought back many wonderful memories. DH & I moved from NY 5 years ago & have sailed the Oasis class ships many times. . Symphony was Nov 30, 2019- our last before COVID shut everything down. We remember 6000 balloons dropped at midnight and all the wonderful music & shows! A cruise we will never forget! We are older, but love Dazzles, Boleros, Jazz on 4 & all of the amazing shows!! We sail Celebrity quite a bit also, especially post COVID. Actually sailing Sunday on the Equinox. As you are familiar- driving to the port is just great! 

if I may a few questions. We are thinking about a sailing on Symphony again perhaps in September. We are finally Diamond based on our Celebrity Elite status.  The drink package price is insane & we can’t believe the empty shelves!!! Apart from my husband having a Johnny Walker cocktail pre dinner, we mainly drink wine through the evening. With the 4 coupons (each) if a wine is over $13, can you pay the difference?? Are there decent wines in the $ 13 range ? Does this cover gratuities? 

I think Oasis changed Dazzles to the Music Hall? Do they still have the great bands there in the evenings? I believe Dazzles is still on Symphony . 

Thanks much Benny! Appreciate whatever else you can share! 
Paula

Thank you so much!  Symphony is a great ship and my favorite Oasis Class ship and yes I have been on the Wonder and I still prefer Symphony 😂.

The drink package is very costly right now so I go with my Diamond coupons.  It covers any any drink up to $13.00 with no extra gratuity added.  If you go over that then you will pay the difference plus the gratuity on the difference.  It covers the basic wine selection, Kendall Jackson, Chandon, Robert Mondavi, Penfold nothing fancy.  If you go to Vintages that’s where you will find the pricier wine by the glass on my Oasis trip in May they didn’t have anything in stock for the fancier wine by the glass but last week they had pretty much everything on the menu ( the fancier wine).

There were two bands that rotates in the Music Hall at the beginning but then one of the band member had a medical emergency so they changed it slightly.  They were fantastic even without the singer.  BTW the captain said he was stable and doing well.

Perhaps you will run into Waldo in September as I will be on the Symphony for two weeks!

On 7/5/2022 at 3:07 AM, perfect match said:

Benny, is your Greece cruise on a cruise line other than RCCL? If so, would you please post a link in this thread so we can find you. Also so I don’t forget to look 😱 I’d like to do a Greece/Med cruise at some point. For now it will have to be virtual. I’ll take what I can get. 

Of course I will come back to this thread and post a link.  It will be on NCL.  I travel

on NCL when I have port intensive stops.  The excursion credit helps a lot to see the port besides I am too tired to really enjoy the ship after I get back from port any way which is why I pick NCL 😆.  

12 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Of course I will come back to this thread and post a link.  It will be on NCL.  I travel

on NCL when I have port intensive stops.  The excursion credit helps a lot to see the port besides I am too tired to really enjoy the ship after I get back from port any way which is why I pick NCL 😆.  

I think that's really smart reasoning and something I have mentally filed away for the future. We are currently aiming for D+ on Royal, which their double points promo has put realistically within our reach in the fairly near term and then (since pinnacle is a pipe dream unless our numbers come up in the lottery) I think we may start branching out to other lines that will let us visit some more interesting ports. Love Royal's big ships but there are only so many ports they can get into and it eventually starts to get old.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank you so much!  Symphony is a great ship and my favorite Oasis Class ship and yes I have been on the Wonder and I still prefer Symphony 😂.

The drink package is very costly right now so I go with my Diamond coupons.  It covers any any drink up to $13.00 with no extra gratuity added.  If you go over that then you will pay the difference plus the gratuity on the difference.  It covers the basic wine selection, Kendall Jackson, Chandon, Robert Mondavi, Penfold nothing fancy.  If you go to Vintages that’s where you will find the pricier wine by the glass on my Oasis trip in May they didn’t have anything in stock for the fancier wine by the glass but last week they had pretty much everything on the menu ( the fancier wine).

There were two bands that rotates in the Music Hall at the beginning but then one of the band member had a medical emergency so they changed it slightly.  They were fantastic even without the singer.  BTW the captain said he was stable and doing well.

Perhaps you will run into Waldo in September as I will be on the Symphony for two weeks!

Thank you soooo very much for your reply & answers to my questions Waldo!  You put a smile on my face hearing back from you AND your Preference for Symphony! Should we book early September, I will let you know. The weekend of the 23rd we go to NJ to visit family. Normally we book our cruises way out but given September is very iffy with hurricanes we are holding off and may wait until close to sailing. In the meantime stay well & enjoy your upcoming European cruise ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Thank you soooo very much for your reply & answers to my questions Waldo!  You put a smile on my face hearing back from you AND your Preference for Symphony! Should we book early September, I will let you know. The weekend of the 23rd we go to NJ to visit family. Normally we book our cruises way out but given September is very iffy with hurricanes we are holding off and may wait until close to sailing. In the meantime stay well & enjoy your upcoming European cruise ! 

Oh shucks… I think Waldo is going to miss you … I will be on the Symphony 9/17 for two weeks and then on the Oasis 10/9 for three weeks.  If you do making it to the Symphony please have a great wonderful cruise and I would love to hear what you think of it.  Feel free to post onto whatever current live reviews I will be on 😂 … I think it will be close to the NCL Bliss Alaska!