Crown Loft Suites- what am I missing?

The only negative I experienced with a CLS was having to lug our suitcases up those stairs.   Not easy when packed for a B2B. 

Also, that last step coming down the stairs can sneak up on you. There’s a little landing that looks a lot like the floor. I almost took a dive and my wife did fall coming down 

3 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

The only negative I experienced with a CLS was having to lug our suitcases up those stairs.   Not easy when packed for a B2B. 

Also, that last step coming down the stairs can sneak up on you. There’s a little landing that looks a lot like the floor. I almost took a dive and my wife did fall coming down 

Steward will take suitcases upstairs.  No need to carry them yourself.

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

And what's with the lighting on every other step? That can be tricky if you're an early riser like me and don't want to disturb sleeping beauty husband.  Although that is one benefit to the CLS, I can get ready downstairs while hubby sleeps in.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

And what's with the lighting on every other step? That can be tricky if you're an early riser like me and don't want to disturb sleeping beauty husband.  Although that is one benefit to the CLS, I can get ready downstairs while hubby sleeps in.

Just turn them off…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

We find that the downstairs closet and drawers are plenty large enough for us to just offload everything into those. We only use the upstairs closet (which is so poorly designed that you have to physically get into the closet to use the safe) to store our empty luggage.

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We find that the downstairs closet and drawers are plenty large enough for us to just offload everything into those. We only use the upstairs closet (which is so poorly designed that you have to physically get into the closet to use the safe) to store our empty luggage.

We use the upstairs closet because using the one downstairs would involve too many trips up and down levels when getting dressed. 

2 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

We use the upstairs closet because using the one downstairs would involve too many trips up and down levels when getting dressed. 

I use downstairs, hubby uses upstairs.  Same for bathrooms, nobody in each other's way when getting ready for dinner.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Just carry what you need to get dressed the next morning up with you when you go up to bed, and you are good to go.😇

DW gets dressed downstairs and I get dressed upstairs, not really a problem.

Edited by orville99

Love the CLS, but they're definitely not good for privacy with more than 2 people.  DW takes the upstairs bathroom and closet.  I take downstairs.  Balcony is extra deep with full lounge chairs facing the water (for the side CLSs).  Lots of space to spread out downstairs.  Easy access to the SL and CK is great.  You don't need to spend your entire cruise on deck 17...never had to wait long for an elevator.  Use the Suite Concierge for disembarking and the elevator will come straight to you without waiting. 😉

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love the CLS, but they're definitely not good for privacy with more than 2 people.  DW takes the upstairs bathroom and closet.  I take downstairs.  Balcony is extra deep with full lounge chairs facing the water (for the side CLSs).  Lots of space to spread out downstairs.  Easy access to the SL and CK is great.  You don't need to spend your entire cruise on deck 17...never had to wait long for an elevator.  Use the Suite Concierge for disembarking and the elevator will come straight to you without waiting. 😉

Thanks for the tip about the elevator . Its always a cluster xxxx on the last day.

Everyone has their own likes/dislikes wth regards to staterooms, just like what people are willing to pay for a cruise/drink packages/excursions, etc. When we stayed in a CLS the first time, it was a stupid awesome deal my travel agent happen to come across and told me about. Aside from one time (because we booked VERY last minute and ended up in an Owners Suite) we have stayed in one. Those are the first suites we look for - CLS and loft suites above those. We love the space, the extra bathroom, the great balcony and views. For US, it's worth the cost. We spend a lot of time out and about and don't find the location to be a hinderance at all, and love the space/balcony for any downtime we want. We've travelled in this room just two of us, but we've also gone with my teenage son and have never had concerns with privacy issues. I can't get naked in the loft because he's there? Not a big deal, that's what the bathroom is for. LOL! He also likes having a bathroom to himself - I'm thankful for that too. HA!

• Like 1

I can see where this would be a REALLY cool cabin for 2 pax (a couple) if mobility/stairs aren't a problem.

I guess I was just kind of surprised there weren't more family friendly options on a line that clearly seems to gear itself towards families... on Celebrity we are used to booking 2 balconies, no problem, but seems like there should be some non-stratospherically-priced options for families of 4-5 to stay in the same room, maybe there are and I am missing them.

Anyway we booked the 2 bedroom ATS, I am very excited!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, twangster said:

The inability to have private time can also be said of grand suites, owner suites and junior suites not to mention balcony cabins.  Short of booking multiple cabins or a two bedroom grand suite you've got the same situation.  

For completeness, your list of suites should AquaTheater Suites (both 1 and 2 bedroom), which have real bedroom doors for those who want privacy.  

29 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

For completeness, your list of suites should AquaTheater Suites (both 1 and 2 bedroom), which have real bedroom doors for those who want privacy.  

And look to be a great option for families.  Just be prepared for $$$$ as I think all of the 2BR ATS are Star Class.  

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 5:44 AM, orville99 said:

I was also concerned before we booked our first CLS because DW has significant knee problems, and has difficulty with almost anything that requires her knees to do any lifting (we are putting a lift in our home so she doesn't have to use the stairway to get up to our bedroom), but she has no problems with the stairs in a CLS. The way the stairs were designed puts virtually no pressure on her knees. The CLS staircase has very wide treads and very short rise between stairs.

On Wonder, the elevator goes to deck 18.  You can enter the CLS on deck 17 and on deck 18 and not have to use the stairs.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

On Wonder, the elevator goes to deck 18.  You can enter the CLS on deck 17 and on deck 18 and not have to use the stairs.

Good to know. We won’t be on Wonder until January and we will check that out. Too bad there are so few CLS on Wonder. Makes snagging one a lot more difficult.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

And look to be a great option for families.  Just be prepared for $$$$ as I think all of the 2BR ATS are Star Class.  

True. 2 BR Aqua suites are Star. 1BR are Sky.

45 minutes ago, orville99 said:

True. 2 BR Aqua suites are Star. 1BR are Sky.

Yes, I think can confuse people that the 2 BR Aqua squires are Star class while the 1 BR are Sky class.  The 1 BR Aqua suite can work for some families as it has bedroom door and a dual entry bathroom.  Many kids would like the view.  It is a long walk to everything, including the suite lounge though; no one location gives you everything on the big ships. The 2BR Aqua will cost mist and give more perks. They are among the options a family looking at a CL might consider.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Yes, I think can confuse people that the 2 BR Aqua squires are Star class while the 1 BR are Sky class.  The 1 BR Aqua suite can work for some families as it has bedroom door and a dual entry bathroom.  Many kids would like the view.  It is a long walk to everything, including the suite lounge though; no one location gives you everything on the big ships. The 2BR Aqua will cost mist and give more perks. They are among the options a family looking at a CL might consider.

Best feature about the Aquas are the balconies.... sea view,  wake view, show view, people watching, anything you like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Best feature about the Aquas are the balconies.... sea view,  wake view, show view, people watching, anything you like.

You also burn a lot of calories just getting to and back from breakfast.😇

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, HicksRA said:

Your loft attendant will take your bags up the stairs. If they need help, they will get it. We had a pair of loft attendants and they carried bags together up/down stairs.