22nd August Coral Princess Conflict Islands Cancelled

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

It really is a case of buyer beware now!! 

Truly so!!! I realise that there are many enthusiasts here - but sometimes we can be over-enthusiastic to our own detriment. I am keen to get back on a cruiseship too - but Aussie ports only for me for quite a while yet. There are almost no ports anywhere in this part of the World that we have not been to - so a 7 days cruise up the Qld coast sounds good to me , stopping at ports or not 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Truly so!!! I realise that there are many enthusiasts here - but sometimes we can be over-enthusiastic to our own detriment. I am keen to get back on a cruiseship too - but Aussie ports only for me for quite a while yet. There are almost no ports anywhere in this part of the World that we have not been to - so a 7 days cruise up the Qld coast sounds good to me , stopping at ports or not 🙂 

Would 7 day cruises from Brisbane to Cairns, Cairns to Darwin, Darwin to Cairns and Cairns to Brisbane be alternative winter weather cruises?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Would 7 day cruises from Brisbane to Cairns, Cairns to Darwin, Darwin to Cairns and Cairns to Brisbane be alternative winter weather cruises?

In seven days cruises go from Brisbane to Airlie Beach, Cairns and Port Douglas and return. The cruise would have to be 12 days to get as far as Darwin and return to Brisbane.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

In seven days cruises go from Brisbane to Airlie Beach, Cairns and Port Douglas and return. The cruise would have to be 12 days to get as far as Darwin and return to Brisbane.

I meant four legs of 7 days, 

7 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

!2 days Conflict Islands August 22 replaced with 3 days Sapphire coast , 4 days Moreton Island, 5 days Hunter and Sapphire coast. Now to investigate those places!

No - they all would break my personal Cruising Rule #1 , which says - Never sail south of Brisbane in Winter. Rule #2 says - Never sail north of Brisbane in Summer - and my Rule # 3 is irrelevant at this time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

!2 days Conflict Islands August 22 replaced with 3 days Sapphire coast , 4 days Moreton Island, 5 days Hunter and Sapphire coast. Now to investigate those places!

The Moreton Island stop is at the resort of Tangalooma. The ship anchors in Moreton Bay and passengers go ashore by tender.

2 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

No - they all would break my personal Cruising Rule #1 , which says - Never sail south of Brisbane in Winter. Rule #2 says - Never sail north of Brisbane in Summer - and my Rule # 3 is irrelevant at this time. 

Yep, those three short cruises south could well cop some rough seas.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

$5 dan murphy variety, marked up 1,000 percent, but whats new Barry?

That's ok - I would know what I am drinking then - the usual stuff 🙂 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I would love that as a 12 day cruise.

3 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

That's ok - I would know what I am drinking then - the usual stuff 🙂 

You are like me  then Barry, De Bortoli lol , good quaffer.

th.jpg.8d3d7d7a48cc2aeed3de5cd8a7c512d3.jpg

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

We did the 2-night Brisbane-Darwin itinerary on the Pacific Sun. We had an overnight stay in Darwin allowing time to get further afield than you can in a one-day stop. We hired two vans and took a group of friends to Litchfield NP then sightseeing in the Darwin area including the Mundil Beach Markets, museum, fish feeding etc.

Edited by Aus Traveller

12 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

For some reason (unknown to me) , they rarely seem to go to Darwin. We had an overnight in Darwin once on Pacific Dawn in 2019 on the way back from Singapore via Komodo Island. Darwin was a great stopover  for us

Edited by bazzaw
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We did the 2-night Brisbane-Darwin itinerary on the Pacific Sun. We had an overnight stay in Darwin allowing time to get further afield than you can in a one-day stop. We hired two vans and took a group of friends to Litchfield NP then sightseeing in the Darwin area including the Mundil Beach Markets, museum, fish feeding etc.

Very nice. You never know perhaps there might be some more cruises that way later.  

1 minute ago, bazzaw said:

For some reason (unknown to me) , they rarely seem to go to Darwin. We had an overnight in Darwin once on Pacific Dawn on the way back from Singapore via Komodo Island. Darwin was a great stopover  for us

Agreed. There is a lot to see in the area. The only difficulty I can see is with the enormous tidal variation requiring the gangplank to be adjusted a few times.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. There is a lot to see in the area. The only difficulty I can see is with the enormous tidal variation requiring the gangplank to be adjusted a few times.

Yes - we were tied up at the wharf in Darwin. I can't recall the tidal situation , but I know that you are correct . 

Back in Feb 2004 did Star Princess, Sydney to Darwin, week in Darwin doing Lichfield etc the Ghan and Indian Pacific to Adelaide/Sydney, great trip, but super hot up there.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Back in Feb 2004 did Star Princess, Sydney to Darwin, week in Darwin doing Lichfield etc the Ghan and Indian Pacific to Adelaide/Sydney, great trip, but super hot up there.

I would not go to Darwin in February. April to July is the best time. It isn't too hot or too humid and  everything is still green from the Wet Season before it  'browns off' in the dry months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I would not go to Darwin in February. April to July is the best time. It isn't too hot or too humid and  everything is still green from the Wet Season before it  'browns off' in the dry months.

Been there in Feb and been there in July, I prefer the latter, lol.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

$50pp is almost worthless, like it would buy one bottle of overpriced wine in the MDR.

$50 pp per voyage is a speciality restaurant each voyage. We already have the Plus package for drinks.

• Like 2