Infinity Ship and itinerary

Linternet

looking at The Infinity itinerary , Barcelona to Lisbon, Portugal in October of 2023. I read that the Infinity has not been renovated due to Covid and May even be taken out of service. Does anyone have any knowledge of this and is the ship old and tired, as many have said? It sounds like a week itinerary, but also want to enjoy a tip top shape ship!Tia

Where did you read that it may be taken out of service?  

For that matter, where did you read that it is old and tired. I don’t see how anyone could say that since it hasn’t even started cruising, with today being the first cruise.  

I read all of the above on this website. It was supposed to be refurbished pre Covid, and it was put on hold. Hoping it was refurbished before today’s voyage, but I have not found any information that would lead me to believe it was.Those that said it was old and tired had sailed on it just before cruising shut down. Refurbishment was in the works, then it didn’t happen. Unless, it happened without public knowledge.

Edited by Linternet

According to the Celebrity site is was refurbished in January 2022. It has not been revolutionized which had been the plan prior to COVID. Will see what folks have to say as passengers just started boarding today. 

Yes, this is the type of observations I have read. The itinerary from Barcelona to Portugal sounds wonderful but I hope they have refurbished this ship! FlorenceItaly, would you recommend booking on the Infinity given your observations?

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am wondering if the soft goods in the non suite cabins have been replaced.  The last time we were on the Infinity it was badly needed.  Also, holes in the curtain sheers.

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am wondering if the soft goods in the non suite cabins have been replaced.  The last time we were on the Infinity it was badly needed.  Also, holes in the curtain sheers.

7 minutes ago, Linternet said:

Yes, this is the type of observations I have read. The itinerary from Barcelona to Portugal sounds wonderful but I hope they have refurbished this ship! FlorenceItaly, would you recommend booking on the Infinity given your observations?

I have sailed on the Infinity four times.  After the last time, I vowed to not cruise on it again until some refreshment of the ship and soft goods.  For me to reconsider it would have to be a very, very, good deal.  This is just ME.

This is not a popular opinion, but since you asked I must be honest.  Otherwise, I refrain from  comments in regards to the Infinity.  Hopefully, future cruisers will be able to give us an accurate update of the non suite cabins.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I have sailed on the Infinity four times.  After the last time, I vowed to not cruise on it again until some refreshment of the ship and soft goods.  For me to reconsider it would have to be a very, very, good deal.  This is just ME.

This is not a popular opinion, but since you asked I must be honest.  Otherwise, I refrain from  comments in regards to the Infinity.  Hopefully, future cruisers will be able to give us an accurate update of the non suite cabins.

Thank you for your honesty. I have some time to wait to book and will await news on the Infinity. The itinerary sounds wonderful but I can’t understand why they would use an outdated ship on this route.

I saw the other thread and stateroom photos. To me it looks like a 1980s room with a modern carpet that clashes with the dark wood. Personally and especially at current pricing I would avoid Infinity and Constellation until (if ever) they are revolutionised with new stateroom interiors as was done to Millennium and Summit. I really can't see this happening and would think it more likely they will leave the Celebrity fleet at some point in the next couple of years.

8 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

I saw the other thread and stateroom photos. To me it looks like a 1980s room with a modern carpet that clashes with the dark wood. Personally and especially at current pricing I would avoid Infinity and Constellation until (if ever) they are revolutionised with new stateroom interiors as was done to Millennium and Summit. I really can't see this happening and would think it more likely they will leave the Celebrity fleet at some point in the next couple of years.

Is there a chance they could replace the ship for the itinerary I’m interested in, before oct 2023, in your opinion?

43 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I have cruised on the Summit PRE and POST revolution.  It is a wonderful transformation.  In fact, we are sailing on her again next month.

I am interested in the Barcelona to Lisbon Portugal itinerary in oct 2023. The ship is what is stopping me.

In the Celebrity website it shows two images of inside staterooms. One lovely and new and one old. I’m slightly confused as I’d obviously prefer the newt version. I’ll add the screenshot image here and hopefully someone currently on board can advise. Thanks. 57C828ED-7EBB-41FA-A003-493AD42FBF27.thumb.png.ec58132ae4220ee8f4eb85dc9b6fb31d.png

On 6/25/2022 at 12:54 PM, Linternet said:

looking at The Infinity itinerary , Barcelona to Lisbon, Portugal in October of 2023. I read that the Infinity has not been renovated due to Covid and May even be taken out of service. Does anyone have any knowledge of this and is the ship old and tired, as many have said? It sounds like a week itinerary, but also want to enjoy a tip top shape ship!Tia

We are on the October 30th version of this cruise and very excited about it. This will our third sailing on Infinity.