Diamond/Diamond Plus Question

Diamond guests get four drinks per day, value up to $13, to be used any time and just about any place. Diamond plus get five drinks with the same restrictions. 

The drinks can be alcoholic or not. 

The program is quite generous and is generally considered a nice benefit 

m

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

I've read about free drinks and being diamond,  do u get them at diamond or is it diamond plus?  Just once or is it per day?

As diamond, 4 drinks are loaded to your sea pass. This is 4 per D member. 
D+ get 5 drinks loaded. 

max of $13 per drink. 

• Like 1

Diamond-- 4 drinks per day

Diamond plus-- 5 drinks per day

Drinks up to $13.   You pay difference if over $13. Never been charged for any difference. YMMV

Your daily drinks do not carry over to the next day. Use them or lose them.🍹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

I thought there was a free bag of laundry during a cruise?  Or is that something just comes up and is open to all?

I believe D+ gets one free bag per cruise (5+ nights).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, retiredgram said:

Diamond-- 4 drinks per day

Diamond plus-- 5 drinks per day

Drinks up to $13.   You pay difference if over $13. Never been charged for any difference. YMMV

Your daily drinks do not carry over to the next day. Use them or lose them.🍹

Bucky loves his glass of Oberon Cab at dinner...15.00.    We see a charge of 2.36 on our sea pass account, which is the 2.00 over plus charged tip (though we tip in cash on top of that).  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

I thought there was a free bag of laundry during a cruise?  Or is that something just comes up and is open to all?

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I believe D+ gets one free bag per cruise (5+ nights).

The free D+ bag is for select articles only (underwear, socks, PJs, t-shirts, swimwear, shorts).  No pants, etc. but YMMV.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

The free D+ bag is for select articles only (underwear, socks, PJs, t-shirts, swimwear, shorts).  No pants, etc. but YMMV.

I’ve always sent whatever I needed to the laundry and never had a problem. That being said, I would never send anything that couldn’t survive extremely harsh washing and drying conditions…but to my knowledge there is no specific list of items that qualify for the D+ complimentary laundry service.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I’ve always sent whatever I needed to the laundry and never had a problem. That being said, I would never send anything that couldn’t survive extremely harsh washing and drying conditions…but to my knowledge there is no specific list of items that qualify for the D+ complimentary laundry service.

We have been on two RCI cruises and on both of them there was an offer of a bag of laundry (for underwear, socks, T-shirts, etc.).  Perhaps it was for a small amount, like $20?

2 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We have been on two RCI cruises and on both of them there was an offer of a bag of laundry (for underwear, socks, T-shirts, etc.).  Perhaps it was for a small amount, like $20?

Right, their standard laundry prices.  But it's probably closer to $30.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

OMG....definitely no one would like to see what condition any dresses, dress shirts, dress slacks would turn out....coming out of the  "boil and fry" bag.  😮😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OMG....definitely no one would like to see what condition any dresses, dress shirts, dress slacks would turn out....coming out of the  "boil and fry" bag.  😮😉 

But for underwear, socks and workout clothes we are so happy to have them!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RFerrington said:

There most defiantly is a list of the wash and fold allowable items. It is the wash and fold form that you fill out indicating how many items on each allowable category. Socks, underwear, shorts, t shirts, PJ, swim suits (men’s swimsuits as a women’s suit will not survive) and I may be forgetting a category.  

The benefit is for wash and fold service, not true laundry service. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

14 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I have seen the list that Another Cruiser listed the items from. I have also put in other items (pants, capris and regular shirts) like you and never had a problem.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

But for underwear, socks and workout clothes we are so happy to have them!

Absolutely!  🙂  

Cotton socks, cotton undies, exercise shirts/shorts.  Works very well!  Hand wash and hang dry the rest and or dry cleaning for the B2B and more trips.  I have my hand washing technique down pretty well now...my "sea day" chore.  😄 

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There most defiantly is a list of the wash and fold allowable items. It is the wash and fold form that you fill out indicating how many items on each allowable category. Socks, underwear, shorts, t shirts, PJ, swim suits (men’s swimsuits as a women’s suit will not survive) and I may be forgetting a category.  

The benefit is for wash and fold service, not true laundry service. 

m

Yup, and for FYI to others as well:

The more detailed list they have hanging in the closet is not the free bag list .  Normally cabin attendant will give you that short list of items and bag around mid week...or you can ask for it.