Can you opt out of having a Stateroom Attendant

Cruiseoholic000

4 minutes ago, Cruiseoholic000 said:

I will be in a Concierge Cabin. Can you opt out of having a Stateroom Attendant and have them them leave you a bag by your door with towels etc? If so how do you go about doing this?  At online check in?

Talk about going green or 😷😷

• Haha 4

I'm not totally surprised that some people have been considering ways to limit their exposure to crew and passengers during a cruise, but to me at least that would seem to render the decision to cruise in the first place somewhat flawed...

To answer the question though, I would not expect this to be an option.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Most would call that similar to quarantine.   What ever you choose.

These days I would expect this sort of request to be a 'red flag' that could see you really in quarantine, or at the very least requested to get a test on board...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Concierge Cabin - don't forget the 3 PM savory snack delivery every day.

What would you do with the used plate if the attendant cannot get in to pick it up  - be tacky and put it out in the corridor?

I agree with Mark T - perhaps this is not the time for OP to consider cruising. 

• Like 2

You can easily keep your door not disturb sign up all the time.  Leave notes on the door asking for towels as needed.  Forego having your sheets changed or your carpets vacuumed.

perhaps the OP is a night owl who would rather sleep all day and be awake at night.  Whatever.

call Guest Relations and explain that you want to not be bothered and you will request service if you need it.

just don’t do it to get out of leaving the stateroom attendant a gratuity.  That would be beyond tacky.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

You can request limited service, but I don't think it's an option to have no service the entire time. The steward's supervisor can also inspect cabins to make sure they are properly doing their job, do not having them come in could cause an issue.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

These days I would expect this sort of request to be a 'red flag' that could see you really in quarantine, or at the very least requested to get a test on board...

The stateroom attendant also is  under obligation to report any signs of illness, smoking violations or any illegal activity. It would be a large red flag if the request was made to not allow the attendant to perform their job.

• Like 8

You would have to speak directly with your Stateroom Attendant or the head if Housekeeping after boarding. But don't be surprised if they tell you that a regular room inspection is still required.

And what do you intend to do with the large pile of discarded towels? Let them pile up in your cabin? Let your garbage accumulate and start to smell for the whole cruise? Have room service trays stacked up on every flat surface? You can't just dump them out in the corridor. 

Instead, you might consider just asking the steward to only do once per day service at a time when you aren't in the room.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mom says said:

You would have to speak directly with your Stateroom Attendant or the head if Housekeeping after boarding. But don't be surprised if they tell you that a regular room inspection is still required.

And what do you intend to do with the large pile of discarded towels? Let them pile up in your cabin? Let your garbage accumulate and start to smell for the whole cruise? Have room service trays stacked up on every flat surface? You can't just dump them out in the corridor. 

Instead, you might consider just asking the steward to only do once per day service at a time when you aren't in the room.

Or stay home 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do not think that the OP is trying to avoid paying gratuities vs just wanting to be left alone to savour their time away from the greater world.

I have read here on CC, several posters have written the only time they left their cabin was when the room attendants needed to clean... they gave them 45 minutes a day to get in and out.

As far as food went they contacted the F&B manager to request meals delivered from the MDR, and it was granted.

Usually, I have read here on CC, passengers in The Retreat not wanting to be disturbed in their cabin and again, needed to allow the Room Attendant some time to clean up, no matter how quickly to achieve.

They also, by request can have their meals delivered and served en-suite, which means that the OP, were they in The Retreat it is possible.

Alas, being in Concierge, meals can be delivered, too. So no problems there, they just need to make an arrangement to have the empty trays returned and that can be done by phone call, too.

Enjoy your sailing OP....

bon voyage

bon voyage

• Like 4

There are a lot of people who are still very nervous about catching Covid, we are just back from a 5 week trip round Canada including 7 nights onboard Eclipse late May/early June and we saw plenty in masks and had to wear them on Canadian trains and flights. 

Seems to be any building or service that is government owned or operated = mask on, the rest is optional, so on return to Vancouver you can walk about the ship, get in lifts, go to restaurants and bars without a mask , walk down the gangway into the cruise terminal where you put a mask on, then exit and take it off.

There is the onboard rule of wearing a mask in the theatre but the way round this is to take a drink in.

The OP may just want perfect peace to write a book or whatever, we don`t know.

Have room service for 7 days but bear in mind the food is prepared and delivered by people.

My first post on here and I`m afraid you`re just not going to get the comfort and re-assurances you are looking for from me, it`s time to get out and live life again, I sat next to a woman in a restaurant in Banff who kept her mask on throughout her visit lifting it slightly to put food in her mouth, she just looked like a person who didn`t want to be there     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I upgraded to a Royal Suite for the dining table so our family could take our meals in the stateroom. We  do not habitually book suites but we are very COVID averse so are willing to spend more or otherwise modify our behavior to go on holiday. Consider it nutty, but I'm sure we'll (and OP) will have a great trip all the same.  OP, I think with a clear discussion with the Stateroom Attendant or their Lead, they would be able to accommodate your requests/concerns, within reason of course.

I'm surprised by the amount of judgment in this thread and don't think the OP needs to stay home. I certainly won't. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I was told once by a cabin steward that they (or a supervisor or a butler) must enter the cabin once a day just for "safety and security" reasons (i.e., to check for illegal drug usage/abuse, "proof of life" for all occupants, etc.).  So I don't think you can get away with never having someone enter your cabin on a once-daily basis (so, while they're there......why not drop off and pick up towels???)

• Like 2

We were able to do this on our June 4th Beyond cruise and had room service three times a day. The steward left towels outside our door every day and we even changed the sheets ourselves one day.

Mind you, we were in quarantine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, koolforkatz said:

We were able to do this on our June 4th Beyond cruise and had room service three times a day. The steward left towels outside our door every day and we even changed the sheets ourselves one day.

Mind you, we were in quarantine.

So you didn’t opt in by choice, big difference 

6 minutes ago, Airportlimbo said:

OP you can opt in to limited service in exchange for an extra CC point per day using the form below. 

https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/GoGreen

Do not depend on that to make any difference at all to the level of service and frequency of visits to the cabin.

We tried this on a cruise last year and despite checking that our request had been noted (.. and eventually receiving the extra points) there was no perceptible difference to what was done.